OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Crown over DB marked leg irons

3 visible archived posts · 3 preserved total · topic ID 2528
Original topic ↗Recovered images
lauher 30 Mar 2008
#1
Joe Tanner is selling a very nice pair of leather covered leg irons which
have a "crown over DB" trademark. Ebay item number: 140217147047




Last fall I bought a pair of legirons identical to this pair. I would like to know more about them. Can anyone identify the "crown over DB" mark? Or can anyone tell me more about these legirons? They are of very high quality.

Joe

holstcollection 30 Mar 2008
#2
Joe,

I don't own exactly the same model with DB markings and the crown. However, I'm sure they are of German origin due to the cross shaped part where the chain comes through.

Despite from that part they are very close to the Swedish leg irons I have in my collection, picture below. I have never seen any Swedish manufactured leather covered leg irons with any markings. –And I’ve seen a few.

Lars

www.holstcollection.com


Steve Santini 30 Mar 2008
#3
Joe Tanner is selling a very nice pair of leather covered leg irons which
have a "crown over DB" trademark. Ebay item number: 140217147047




Last fall I bought a pair of legirons identical to this pair. I would like to know more about them. Can anyone identify the "crown over DB" mark? Or can anyone tell me more about these legirons? They are of very high quality.

Joe
Germans were not the only ones to use the cross shaped "cup" type locking mechanism in the irons.

The Dutch did, the Spanish did, the French did, the Austrians did and others during Medieval times and even after.

I do know that a number of leather covered leg irons were made in Finland and also Russia.

Steve Santini