OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Handcuff Question

9 visible archived posts · 9 preserved total · topic ID 2566
Original topic ↗Recovered images
Kevin Connolly 01 May 2008
#1
As some of you may know, I collect Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist material. I collect books, letters, photos and anything else in paper. Over the years some handcuffs came when I had to buy a collection or a lot. The ones below came to the surface when trying to get some order to this all. Does anyone here have any ideas of values or history of them? I will be listing them on Ebay in a couple of weeks, as these are not my field of collecting.


Thanks in Advance,

Kevin





















Edgeplay_Cgo 02 May 2008
#2
Damn! I hate this forum software! You can’t see the message you’re replying to.

Going up from the bottom:

Indian repro Darbies, often sold as “Authentic Slave Shackles” on eBay. They’re junque. You can probably get them for five bucks a pair in lots of 25. They don’t seem to retail for much less than 25 bucks, which only shows that “You pay more to get less.”

Two from the bottom, are cast pot metal adjustable Darbies by Hyatt. They’re still in production, and tend to retail in the fifty buck range. Yours are corroded and in only fair surface condition, so I’d guess half of that.

The chain nippers appear to be pedestrian and have only fair finish, unless there is something rare about these I don’t see.

The real Darbies appear to be nice pieces, but I’m no expert at IDing them by the shape of the curve. The finish on the top pair looks grotty, but it may be possible to clean them up; I can’t tell.
Kevin Connolly 02 May 2008
#3
As some of you may know, I collect Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist material. I collect books, letters, photos and anything else in paper. Over the years some handcuffs came when I had to buy a collection or a lot. The ones below came to the surface when trying to get some order to this all. Does anyone here have any ideas of values or history of them? I will be listing them on Ebay in a couple of weeks, as these are not my field of collecting.


Thanks in Advance,

Kevin





















Click to expand...
Thanks Dennis and the rest that emailed me. These ar tough to scan, but I gave them another try. Hopefully these are better. The ones mentioned as corroded is from the poor scan. They look brown and smooth to me.

Here's the first one. it states on the key No.66 Hiatt.
looks-like "Hiatt Best" on the bow.

Kevin Connolly 02 May 2008
#4
As some of you may know, I collect Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist material. I collect books, letters, photos and anything else in paper. Over the years some handcuffs came when I had to buy a collection or a lot. The ones below came to the surface when trying to get some order to this all. Does anyone here have any ideas of values or history of them? I will be listing them on Ebay in a couple of weeks, as these are not my field of collecting.


Thanks in Advance,

Kevin





















Click to expand...
This one states on the bow "Hiatt Bes(t?)" and "Wrought Warranted"

Kevin Connolly 02 May 2008
#5
As some of you may know, I collect Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist material. I collect books, letters, photos and anything else in paper. Over the years some handcuffs came when I had to buy a collection or a lot. The ones below came to the surface when trying to get some order to this all. Does anyone here have any ideas of values or history of them? I will be listing them on Ebay in a couple of weeks, as these are not my field of collecting.


Thanks in Advance,

Kevin





















Click to expand...
All I can see on these is "88". They look-like cheap Wacki Paki.

Kevin Connolly 02 May 2008
#6
As some of you may know, I collect Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist material. I collect books, letters, photos and anything else in paper. Over the years some handcuffs came when I had to buy a collection or a lot. The ones below came to the surface when trying to get some order to this all. Does anyone here have any ideas of values or history of them? I will be listing them on Ebay in a couple of weeks, as these are not my field of collecting.


Thanks in Advance,

Kevin





















Click to expand...
All I can see on thes is "Hiatt" "England"



Kevin Connolly 02 May 2008
#7
As some of you may know, I collect Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist material. I collect books, letters, photos and anything else in paper. Over the years some handcuffs came when I had to buy a collection or a lot. The ones below came to the surface when trying to get some order to this all. Does anyone here have any ideas of values or history of them? I will be listing them on Ebay in a couple of weeks, as these are not my field of collecting.


Thanks in Advance,

Kevin





















Click to expand...
I didn't see any markings on this one. Most of the finish (60%-70%) is still there.

The Amazing Michael 02 May 2008
#8
As some of you may know, I collect Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist material. I collect books, letters, photos and anything else in paper. Over the years some handcuffs came when I had to buy a collection or a lot. The ones below came to the surface when trying to get some order to this all. Does anyone here have any ideas of values or history of them? I will be listing them on Ebay in a couple of weeks, as these are not my field of collecting.


Thanks in Advance,

Kevin





















Click to expand...
Kevin, I e-mailed you.

Cheers, Mike
Kevin Connolly 02 May 2008
#9
As some of you may know, I collect Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist material. I collect books, letters, photos and anything else in paper. Over the years some handcuffs came when I had to buy a collection or a lot. The ones below came to the surface when trying to get some order to this all. Does anyone here have any ideas of values or history of them? I will be listing them on Ebay in a couple of weeks, as these are not my field of collecting.


Thanks in Advance,

Kevin





















Click to expand...
Got it.