OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Peerless Model P010

3 visible archived posts · 3 preserved total · topic ID 2592
Original topic ↗Recovered images
Mikeintightpants 21 May 2008
#1
There've been a number of posts about the new-ish Peerless model P010's and I must admit to being one of those who poured scorn on the idea of an outfit like Peerless marketing cheap cuffs stated to have ben made in Korea.

Well everybody, I now - as we say in England - eat humble pie, or putting it another way, take it all back - I'm currently here in Atlanta, Ga and have purchased a pair of these rather nice cuffs. They're similar in looks to the current Peerless 700 range, perhaps not quite so smoothe in operation, but feel good, look good and although I can't quite put my finger on just why - they seem better cuffs than the 700's. (Some of you will remember from one of my earlier posts that I purchased a couple of pairs of 700's here in Georgia a couple of years ago and neither of them worked!! I had the store replace 'em with Smiths M100's)
The other interseting thing is that Peerless are making no secret of the fact that they're made in Korea - they're clearly marked as such.



MikeR
a.k.a. Mikeintightpants
Birmingham, England
weaseldandaw 13 Jun 2008
#2
I have to agree with you Mike, these are very nice cuffs.
I recently managed to get a pair & have to say they are of a very good quality. The action is smooth, they have a very strong spring & the sound the ratchet makes is music to the ears.

Well done Peerless!
Edgeplay_Cgo 14 Jun 2008
#3
There've been a number of posts about the new-ish Peerless model P010's and I must admit to being one of those who poured scorn on the idea of an outfit like Peerless marketing cheap cuffs stated to have ben made in Korea.

Well everybody, I now - as we say in England - eat humble pie, or putting it another way, take it all back - I'm currently here in Atlanta, Ga and have purchased a pair of these rather nice cuffs. They're similar in looks to the current Peerless 700 range, perhaps not quite so smoothe in operation, but feel good, look good and although I can't quite put my finger on just why - they seem better cuffs than the 700's. (Some of you will remember from one of my earlier posts that I purchased a couple of pairs of 700's here in Georgia a couple of years ago and neither of them worked!! I had the store replace 'em with Smiths M100's)
The other interseting thing is that Peerless are making no secret of the fact that they're made in Korea - they're clearly marked as such.



MikeR
a.k.a. Mikeintightpants
Birmingham, England
Click to expand...
The P010 are nice cuffs. Unlike the Hiatt 2222, they take a standard handcuff key. The Hiatt is slightly too thin, and needs its own key which works in US Standard cuffs.

My only complaint about the P010 is that they are insufficiently cheaper then the M700. They they should sell for about four to five bucks less a copy. That's not much of a saving over what is arguably the US Standard Handcuff, which is quite cheap anyway. I don't think they've staked out a price niche for them. My Tru-Steel (No Name, really) Korean imports (I think they're made by Kyong Chang) are still better value for money in a cheap duty cuff. OTOH, the P010 are NIJ Certified and the Hiatts and Tru-Steel are not. I'm told Hiatts missed NIJ by a hairsbreadth.

No, that's not much of a complaint.