OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Griffin & Hiatt cuffs for possible swap

7 visible archived posts · 7 preserved total · topic ID 2683
Original topic ↗Recovered images
cuffman69 15 Aug 2008
#1
Hi,

I have two pairs of Griffin & Hiatt plug 8 cuffs and would consider swapping one pair. I've nothing definite in mind however I do have some gaps in my American cuff section.

Drop me an email with an offer if you think you may be interested.

This picture shows the two pairs. It's probably been a while since two pairs have been so near one another. They are almost 200 years old and date to around 1810 to 1815ish.

The pair for exchange is on the right of this picture and is complete with it's matching numbered key. One of the tips has broken off the key however this does not prevent the cuffs from opening. The plug is also missing.


It's interesting to note that one pair is marked
Griffin
& Hiatt



and the other is
Griffin
&
Hiatt









If you are interested then please private mail me.

Thanks,

Mark (RMP)
Joe Lauher 15 Aug 2008
#2
Mark

Very nice pair of cuffs. It is nice to see them together. I have one that looks like your first one.
I have not seen the second version of the makers mark.

Joe
weaseldandaw 15 Aug 2008
#3
Hi,

I have two pairs of Griffin & Hiatt plug 8 cuffs and would consider swapping one pair. I've nothing definite in mind however I do have some gaps in my American cuff section.

Drop me an email with an offer if you think you may be interested.

This picture shows the two pairs. It's probably been a while since two pairs have been so near one another. They are almost 200 years old and date to around 1810 to 1815ish.

The pair for exchange is on the right of this picture and is complete with it's matching numbered key. One of the tips has broken off the key however this does not prevent the cuffs from opening. The plug is also missing.


It's interesting to note that one pair is marked
Griffin
& Hiatt



and the other is
Griffin
&
Hiatt









If you are interested then please private mail me.

Thanks,

Mark (RMP)
Click to expand...
Hi Mark,

As you will know from the pictures I sent you, mine are marked:

GRIFFIN
& HIATT

like your pair on the left.

I agree with Joe, it great to see them together.

Dan
lauher 17 Aug 2008
#4
Hi,

I have two pairs of Griffin & Hiatt plug 8 cuffs and would consider swapping one pair. I've nothing definite in mind however I do have some gaps in my American cuff section.

Drop me an email with an offer if you think you may be interested.

This picture shows the two pairs. It's probably been a while since two pairs have been so near one another. They are almost 200 years old and date to around 1810 to 1815ish.

The pair for exchange is on the right of this picture and is complete with it's matching numbered key. One of the tips has broken off the key however this does not prevent the cuffs from opening. The plug is also missing.


It's interesting to note that one pair is marked
Griffin
& Hiatt



and the other is
Griffin
&
Hiatt









If you are interested then please private mail me.

Thanks,

Mark (RMP)
Click to expand...
Here is a picture of my pair. Unfortunately it is also missing its plug. It requires a left handed key.

Mark, from the pictures your two pairs look right handed. Is that correct?
Dan, does your pair have a left or right handed key?


Joe

weaseldandaw 17 Aug 2008
#5
Hi,

I have two pairs of Griffin & Hiatt plug 8 cuffs and would consider swapping one pair. I've nothing definite in mind however I do have some gaps in my American cuff section.

Drop me an email with an offer if you think you may be interested.

This picture shows the two pairs. It's probably been a while since two pairs have been so near one another. They are almost 200 years old and date to around 1810 to 1815ish.

The pair for exchange is on the right of this picture and is complete with it's matching numbered key. One of the tips has broken off the key however this does not prevent the cuffs from opening. The plug is also missing.


It's interesting to note that one pair is marked
Griffin
& Hiatt



and the other is
Griffin
&
Hiatt









If you are interested then please private mail me.

Thanks,

Mark (RMP)
Click to expand...
Hi Joe,

My pair have a plug, but the top is damaged. I don't have the original key, but they open with one of my other keys.





You turn the key clockwise to enter cuff & counter clockwise to unlock it.

Dan
Steve Santini 17 Aug 2008
#6
Hi,

I have two pairs of Griffin & Hiatt plug 8 cuffs and would consider swapping one pair. I've nothing definite in mind however I do have some gaps in my American cuff section.

Drop me an email with an offer if you think you may be interested.

This picture shows the two pairs. It's probably been a while since two pairs have been so near one another. They are almost 200 years old and date to around 1810 to 1815ish.

The pair for exchange is on the right of this picture and is complete with it's matching numbered key. One of the tips has broken off the key however this does not prevent the cuffs from opening. The plug is also missing.


It's interesting to note that one pair is marked
Griffin
& Hiatt



and the other is
Griffin
&
Hiatt









If you are interested then please private mail me.

Thanks,

Mark (RMP)
Click to expand...
Hi all,

I currently have 4 original plug 8 keys for sale.

I will try and post pics of them here in a day or so.

One has got to be the smallest plug 8 key I have ever seen and I would love to own the cuff it once fit.

If you need an original key you can contact me [email protected]

The keys are $65.00 USD ea. plus shipping.

Steve Santini
cuffman69 17 Aug 2008
#7
Hi,

I have two pairs of Griffin & Hiatt plug 8 cuffs and would consider swapping one pair. I've nothing definite in mind however I do have some gaps in my American cuff section.

Drop me an email with an offer if you think you may be interested.

This picture shows the two pairs. It's probably been a while since two pairs have been so near one another. They are almost 200 years old and date to around 1810 to 1815ish.

The pair for exchange is on the right of this picture and is complete with it's matching numbered key. One of the tips has broken off the key however this does not prevent the cuffs from opening. The plug is also missing.


It's interesting to note that one pair is marked
Griffin
& Hiatt



and the other is
Griffin
&
Hiatt









If you are interested then please private mail me.

Thanks,

Mark (RMP)
Click to expand...
Hi Joe,

Both of my pairs are, as you thought, right handed. Unfortunately neither have their plugs however both have what I believe to be the original keys. The pair up for exchange has the number 5 on both the cuff and the key while the other has the number 12.

Out of interest I've tried the plugs from all of my other cuffs and none fit.

Steve,
I also have a pair of plug 8's which takes a key noticeably smaller than the norm however the cuff that it belongs to is of average size but is unnamed.

I do have a nice pair of Froggatt plug cuffs ( not 8's) but with links and a swivel which are left hand thread but unfortunately without their plugs.

Regards,

Mark (RMP)