jbushey
#1HI all,
Ian just sent me a key to a plug 8 handcuff.
Then, I screwed it up (no pun intended). Only
a master like Ian could design and cast a Plug 8 key that
is both left and right handed. I didn't realize the key
was designed for both thread directions, so I sawed off the
excess portion of threads, only to find the remainder wouldn't go into the cuff. Well, it was then I found out the key was
cast for both threads, and he altered the key to fit the
thread for the specific Plug 8 the key was to fit.
Now I have to reattach the sawed of piece, and take off the right-hand portion. Lost Wax casting is VERY expensive, and only Ian could design a brilliant key to save money on molds that can work on both cuffs. Great job Ian. If anyone needs a Plug 8 key, Ian's are fantastic, and it will work perfectly when it arrives. He knows I also work on cuffs, and assumed
I'd know what to do, but I never would have even thought to make a key adaptable to either thread direction.
Thanks Ian!
Ian just sent me a key to a plug 8 handcuff.
Then, I screwed it up (no pun intended). Only
a master like Ian could design and cast a Plug 8 key that
is both left and right handed. I didn't realize the key
was designed for both thread directions, so I sawed off the
excess portion of threads, only to find the remainder wouldn't go into the cuff. Well, it was then I found out the key was
cast for both threads, and he altered the key to fit the
thread for the specific Plug 8 the key was to fit.
Now I have to reattach the sawed of piece, and take off the right-hand portion. Lost Wax casting is VERY expensive, and only Ian could design a brilliant key to save money on molds that can work on both cuffs. Great job Ian. If anyone needs a Plug 8 key, Ian's are fantastic, and it will work perfectly when it arrives. He knows I also work on cuffs, and assumed
I'd know what to do, but I never would have even thought to make a key adaptable to either thread direction.
Thanks Ian!
