OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Hiatt 1970 model variation?

3 visible archived posts · 3 preserved total · topic ID 2757
Original topic ↗Recovered images
lauher 27 Oct 2008
#1
Top cuff: Is this considered an actual "Hiatt 1970" model?
The only markings are: 'left cuff' is marked "Hiatt" & the 'right cuff' is marked "British Made".
Note the rounded raised portion at the rear center of the lock case, plus the very visible flat rivets along the case.

Bottom cuff: This is a true marked "Hiatt 1970" cuff.
What model exactly is the top cuff shown photo?
I don't see it listed in either of the "Handcuffs of the World" books.



(Note to Stan Willis: I don't have your CD on hand with me today, otherwise, I'd check there first!)
Stan Willis 27 Oct 2008
#2
Note to Joe Fox:
My CD does not show the cuff with the visible flat rivits. I don't know if it is an early or a late model. The CD shows a totally unmarked model which came in a Hiatt 1970 box, a model marked "HIATT 1970 British Made" on the left hand fixed bow and no serial number, a model marked same as last one and 1980 at swivel on right cuff. Also have one with same markings as last one, but serial number 929 and marked "MARANDA LYNXITE INC." on front and rear of right cuff fixed bow. Then there is the 1970 marked "MASTER LOCK CO. MILWAUKEE WISCONSIN on front of right fixed bow and British made on rear. This model does not have the double locking hole on the front of the cuff. it is just on the rear. the more common MASTER LOCK CO. cuff is marked "MASTER LOCK CO. MADE IN ENGLAND" on the front of the right fixed bow. It has double lock hole front and rear.
Stan




Joseph Fox 27 Oct 2008
#3
Top cuff: Is this considered an actual "Hiatt 1970" model?
The only markings are: 'left cuff' is marked "Hiatt" & the 'right cuff' is marked "British Made".
Note the rounded raised portion at the rear center of the lock case, plus the very visible flat rivets along the case.

Bottom cuff: This is a true marked "Hiatt 1970" cuff.
What model exactly is the top cuff shown photo?
I don't see it listed in either of the "Handcuffs of the World" books.



(Note to Stan Willis: I don't have your CD on hand with me today, otherwise, I'd check there first!)
Click to expand...
Thanks Stan, for your input.

Well, unless I hear otherwise - I'll consider the handcuff pictured in the top of the photo to be an early version of the "Hiatt 1970".

But again, the ONLY markings are "Hiatt" on one cuff, and "British Made" on the other.

...plus, the raised-round protrusion on the rear center of each lockcase - which would be the "anchor" for the keyposts.