OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Bean Prison or Bean Patrolman???

5 visible archived posts · 5 preserved total · topic ID 2945
Original topic ↗Recovered images
The Amazing Michael 24 Mar 2009
#1
Does anyone know if these are Bean Prison or Bean Patrolman handcuffs? If so, how can you tell???



Thanks in advance for your help. =)

Cheers, Mike D~C/
Steve Santini 24 Mar 2009
#2
Due to the overall weight and heavier appearance of the bows (thickness) and chain link.

Steve Santini
Joseph Fox 24 Mar 2009
#3
Does anyone know if these are Bean Prison or Bean Patrolman handcuffs? If so, how can you tell???



Thanks in advance for your help. =)

Cheers, Mike D~C/
Click to expand...
Also, check the stamped dates (if visible):

"82" = Beans
"82/84" = Iver-Johnson
holstcollection 24 Mar 2009
#4
Does anyone know if these are Bean Prison or Bean Patrolman handcuffs? If so, how can you tell???



Thanks in advance for your help. =)

Cheers, Mike D~C/
Click to expand...
The Bean sizes and versions have been discussed at the Forum before. The easiest way to
tell the version is by looking at the hinges. There are a great number of Bean/Iver Johnson
versions and I have quite a few of them. I like them, it's very nice cuff!

One of the rarerst (Bean Giant excluded) is the Bean barrel key version.


Here is the old posting:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/261154/m ... n+versions

Cheers,

Lars

www.holstcollection.com
The Amazing Michael 25 Mar 2009
#5
Does anyone know if these are Bean Prison or Bean Patrolman handcuffs? If so, how can you tell???



Thanks in advance for your help. =)

Cheers, Mike D~C/
Click to expand...

It is hard to tell in this picture, but the date is Nov. 28 82

So, they are Beans......but are they the Prisons, or Patrolmans? These are a bit bigger and heavier than another pair that I have; they have the date on the clevis (Nov 28' 82) pictured below:



I am pretty sure that the ones here are Patrolman's, so are the original ones I posted here Bean Prisons (based on the size and weight difference)? Sorry if I am misunderstanding what you guys have wrote.

Cheers, Mike D~C/

BTW, nice cuffs Lars!!!