OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

S&W assembly question.

3 visible archived posts · 3 preserved total · topic ID 3009
Original topic ↗Recovered images
Vince 22 Apr 2009
#1
Hello all,

Can anyone shed some light as to how S&W assembles their cuffs?
I have taken apart many cuffs (in the name of science, of course)
While drilling the rivets is prefered, S&W cuffs obviously are brazed together making disasembly tough, to say the least. Forcefully spreading them apart leaves the center plate attached to one side of the cheekplates, while the other side seperates cleanly. Sometimes it's the keyhole side, sometimes it's the back-side, theres no rhyme or reason. I figured I could heat the cuff-half enough to melt the brazing, however the amount of heat required to loosen the brazing then caused the cuff itself to get weak.

Can anyone explain how they are assembled at the factory?


Thanks in advance,
--Vince



PS: Indy or bust!
The Amazing Michael 22 Apr 2009
#2
Vince, you can watch the process from start to finish here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWdlyrMLuPg

Cheers, Mike D~C/

P.S. When you get to Indy, stop by my table and say hi! =)
Franklin 23 Apr 2009
#3
Hello all,

Can anyone shed some light as to how S&W assembles their cuffs?
I have taken apart many cuffs (in the name of science, of course)
While drilling the rivets is prefered, S&W cuffs obviously are brazed together making disasembly tough, to say the least. Forcefully spreading them apart leaves the center plate attached to one side of the cheekplates, while the other side seperates cleanly. Sometimes it's the keyhole side, sometimes it's the back-side, theres no rhyme or reason. I figured I could heat the cuff-half enough to melt the brazing, however the amount of heat required to loosen the brazing then caused the cuff itself to get weak.

Can anyone explain how they are assembled at the factory?


Thanks in advance,
--Vince



PS: Indy or bust!
Click to expand...
Get yourself a set of 103's

You can rip the rivets off those and see how they work.