Does anyone have any information on the restraint device that this key and tag were used for? The Posey Company was started in 1937 and it looks like this key was used on two types of restraints, the Safety Belt and the McDonald Key Lock Restraint. Maybe this is just a long description on one restraint? It probably dates from the 1940's or 50's. I assume it was a locking buckle for a leather strap.
I contacted Posey and they were of no help. A search did not find anything of much value.
Ron
Click to expand...
Thanks Steve.
Since the ZIP codes started in July 1963 that puts a date on the tag. I do not know when Posey moved out of Pasadena since they are now located in Arcadia, CA.
Posey sent me the following:
"The best info we can come up with is it was a key that fit various style restraints that were manufactured in early on. Our company was founded in 1937 and the key could have been manufactured as far back as the 40s. Our current style has been used for several years, so the old style key would not have been manufactured in recent years."
After doing another search I came up with patent #3592028, granted July 1971 that fits the type of key and lock. The patent was applied for the previous year and the company was still in Pasadena.
Guess that solves this one.
Ron