Steve Santini
#1Hi all,
I have here an odd Darby for sale or trade.
What is strange about this is that both the cuffs and key do not bear the name "HIATT" although this is obviously a circa 1960's HIATT darby cuff.
The cuffs also do not have the "British Made" stamping.
I have never seen another pair of Hiatt's from this time period that have no stamping on either the cuffs or key.
The stampings have not been filled in with weld or buffed out; they simply were never there.
One theory I have is that these cuffs were made by HIATT and then exported to a country or Police force that Hiatt did not wish their products to be associated with but as I said, this is just a theory and I have no proof to back it up.
Interested parties can contact me at [email protected]
I have here an odd Darby for sale or trade.
What is strange about this is that both the cuffs and key do not bear the name "HIATT" although this is obviously a circa 1960's HIATT darby cuff.
The cuffs also do not have the "British Made" stamping.
I have never seen another pair of Hiatt's from this time period that have no stamping on either the cuffs or key.
The stampings have not been filled in with weld or buffed out; they simply were never there.
One theory I have is that these cuffs were made by HIATT and then exported to a country or Police force that Hiatt did not wish their products to be associated with but as I said, this is just a theory and I have no proof to back it up.
Interested parties can contact me at [email protected]
