OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Escape Artist (2)

3 visible archived posts · 3 preserved total · topic ID 3114
Original topic ↗Recovered images
lauher 01 Jul 2009
#1
This is a printers block of an escape artist from the early 1900's. The print size is 4 1/2 X 6 1/2 inches and it mounted on heavy wood. From its size I would think it was used for advertising theater cards. Does anyone have any idea who this escape artist might be?




Thanks

Ron
Atlanta*Casting 02 Jul 2009
#2
I for one thought EA1 to be pretty interesting reading.

Having little interest in EA/Magic I found the information in EA1 to be interesting and informative.

The "spirited debate" in EA1 has also added some "drama" to the subject.

Rock On everyone...

Ron Spitz 02 Jul 2009
#3
This is a printers block of an escape artist from the early 1900's. The print size is 4 1/2 X 6 1/2 inches and it mounted on heavy wood. From its size I would think it was used for advertising theater cards. Does anyone have any idea who this escape artist might be?




Thanks

Ron
Click to expand...
Jim Stewart has not been able to contact Val's son Kevin.

After many (too many) hours of searching the web I came across two contacts with family email addresses. The first I have not heard from, however I later found pictures of Leo Irby and the face does not match.

I then contacted James Randi and he said "That might be an escape-artist named McDonald. Ive no research references at hand right now".

Hopefully Randi will follow up later. He is getting ready for a convention in Vegas next week.

Does anyone have any information on McDonald??

Ron