OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

"Bat-Cuffs" Batman handcuffs

5 visible archived posts · 5 preserved total · topic ID 3124
Original topic ↗Recovered images
stan willis 09 Jul 2009
#1
I like to pick up anything that looks like a handcuff, and I have a few toy cuffs, but they are not part of my Guinness World Records(tm) Handcuff Collection. I just received a new all metal handcuff that is desribed as follows:
"lifesized, fully functioning Bat-Cuffs the same size as regulation police handcuffs! Reproduced for the 1st time ever as a high-quality prop replica, these metal Bat-Cuffs unlock with a very special bat-shaped key. They fold in half for easy transport, and they can be displayed on the included stand. Packaged in a 4-color box, the Bat-Cuffs also come with a certificate of authenticity and a 2nd, duplicate Bat-Key. Lock these into your collection today! Limited edition of 500 pieces. "

Don't believe the literature. While they are really nice looking and very well made, they are not "fully functioning". It says on the box that they do not open and the key does not work. You can find them on the web for
$ 100 to $ 136.00 US. Also, mine came with just one key, not 2 as described.

Edgeplay_Cgo 09 Jul 2009
#2
You beat me to a photo, Stan. I couldn't upload last night.

I am completely outraged by this crap. I waited damnear a year yo get these cuffs. I figured they would be garbage "Party Cuff" quality, but I at least figured they would be operative.

I disagree that they are well made. They are pot metal castings. They look OK from a distance.

The packaging and the stand, but the cuffs are numbered nnn/500.

I'm selling them, for $115 on eBay, with free shipping. Anyone here want a pair for a hundred bucks, let me know. They wholesale for about $90.



stan willis 09 Jul 2009
#3
I like to pick up anything that looks like a handcuff, and I have a few toy cuffs, but they are not part of my Guinness World Records(tm) Handcuff Collection. I just received a new all metal handcuff that is desribed as follows:
"lifesized, fully functioning Bat-Cuffs the same size as regulation police handcuffs! Reproduced for the 1st time ever as a high-quality prop replica, these metal Bat-Cuffs unlock with a very special bat-shaped key. They fold in half for easy transport, and they can be displayed on the included stand. Packaged in a 4-color box, the Bat-Cuffs also come with a certificate of authenticity and a 2nd, duplicate Bat-Key. Lock these into your collection today! Limited edition of 500 pieces. "

Don't believe the literature. While they are really nice looking and very well made, they are not "fully functioning". It says on the box that they do not open and the key does not work. You can find them on the web for
$ 100 to $ 136.00 US. Also, mine came with just one key, not 2 as described.

Click to expand...
I said they are well made because I was expecting the black part to be plastic, and it is pot metal. I think for a toy it is well made. For a real handcuff it would be junk. You have to admit that they look good.
Edgeplay_Cgo 09 Jul 2009
#4
I like to pick up anything that looks like a handcuff, and I have a few toy cuffs, but they are not part of my Guinness World Records(tm) Handcuff Collection. I just received a new all metal handcuff that is desribed as follows:
"lifesized, fully functioning Bat-Cuffs the same size as regulation police handcuffs! Reproduced for the 1st time ever as a high-quality prop replica, these metal Bat-Cuffs unlock with a very special bat-shaped key. They fold in half for easy transport, and they can be displayed on the included stand. Packaged in a 4-color box, the Bat-Cuffs also come with a certificate of authenticity and a 2nd, duplicate Bat-Key. Lock these into your collection today! Limited edition of 500 pieces. "

Don't believe the literature. While they are really nice looking and very well made, they are not "fully functioning". It says on the box that they do not open and the key does not work. You can find them on the web for
$ 100 to $ 136.00 US. Also, mine came with just one key, not 2 as described.

Click to expand...
I can't deny they look good.

Unknown / guest 09 Jul 2009
#5
I like to pick up anything that looks like a handcuff, and I have a few toy cuffs, but they are not part of my Guinness World Records(tm) Handcuff Collection. I just received a new all metal handcuff that is desribed as follows:
"lifesized, fully functioning Bat-Cuffs the same size as regulation police handcuffs! Reproduced for the 1st time ever as a high-quality prop replica, these metal Bat-Cuffs unlock with a very special bat-shaped key. They fold in half for easy transport, and they can be displayed on the included stand. Packaged in a 4-color box, the Bat-Cuffs also come with a certificate of authenticity and a 2nd, duplicate Bat-Key. Lock these into your collection today! Limited edition of 500 pieces. "

Don't believe the literature. While they are really nice looking and very well made, they are not "fully functioning". It says on the box that they do not open and the key does not work. You can find them on the web for
$ 100 to $ 136.00 US. Also, mine came with just one key, not 2 as described.

Click to expand...
I just got off the phone with Entertainment Earth, the distributor. They were completely unaware that the cuffs are not functional. That's not the way they were advertised to them. I then got the , "Wewll, sometimes manufacturers change things," spiel. I told them I can get functioning cuffs on sale, for 95 cents wholesale.

They are sending me a claim form. If you have bought Bat Cuffs from them, and are not satisfied, you may have some recourse. Call them.

They only have 4 more pair in stock, so apparently they sold well at the wholesale level. But they say they'll put excess cuff orders on backorder. What that does to a "Limited Edition of 500," I don't know. Maybe they'll just be marked 501/500 etc. :-p

I'm still pi$$ed.