OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Miami Police Museum

4 visible archived posts · 4 preserved total · topic ID 3129
Original topic ↗Recovered images
Nils 11 Jul 2009
#1

I got thinking of a visit to Miami in early 2001. We went to the Police Museum, and I remember how impressed I was of all the different handcuffs I saw. I couldn't even identify most of them at the time. But, looking back, I think it's what got me started into collecting.

How did you get started?
Have a good weekend,

Nils





stan willis 11 Jul 2009
#2
American Police Hall of Fame & Police Museum, Miami has moved to Titusville, Florida. I've been collecting so long that I don't remember how I got started, but I tell people that I went to a flea market in 1968 and bought an old padlock. That got me started collecting padlocks. The next year I found a pair of handcuffs while looking for padlocks and that got me started on the cuffs. I stopped collecting the locks because I thought there is an unlimited number of locks, but there couldn't be too many different cuffs. Now that I'm at 1500 restraints, I'm not sure my thinking was correct.
Cindi 11 Jul 2009
#3
I got thinking of a visit to Miami in early 2001. We went to the Police Museum, and I remember how impressed I was of all the different handcuffs I saw. I couldn't even identify most of them at the time. But, looking back, I think it's what got me started into collecting.

How did you get started?
Have a good weekend,

Nils





Click to expand...
Yup, It definately moved to Titusville. I performed an escape from the Gas Chamber Chair there:
http://www.geocities.com/cindini_2000/chamber.htm

Cool place!
Cindini
handboeienfreak 11 Jul 2009
#4
I got thinking of a visit to Miami in early 2001. We went to the Police Museum, and I remember how impressed I was of all the different handcuffs I saw. I couldn't even identify most of them at the time. But, looking back, I think it's what got me started into collecting.

How did you get started?
Have a good weekend,

Nils





Click to expand...
hi

my collection starts when I was only 8 years old
at an army surplus at the town I lived in was this small store
I buy there whats now called taiwan play cuffs based on the masuiri cuff
later buy some more at many army stores later when I discovered internet
my collection grows and grows at this moment abou 390 or 400 cuffs not sure


best

patrick