OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

The Subject of My Sunday Talk

4 visible archived posts · 4 preserved total · topic ID 3204
Original topic ↗Recovered images
houdinisghost 15 Sep 2009
#1
I want to announce the subject of my lecture on Sunday, October 4, at the Cannon's sixth annual escape artists convention. The subject will be: Houdini's handcuff work with a close study of Houdini's confrontation with William Hope Hodgson in Blackburn, England in 1902.
I also have to announce that I have fallen a bit behind in finishing my book Houdini--the Key and I will not have it in my hands in time for the convention. I realize I have many names of people who intend to purchase the book and hoped to pick it up at the convention. If your name is on the list as of now, and you attend the Cannon's convention, I will pay for shipping on those books. Whether youre in Sweden, Australia, or San Bernardino it will be my nickel.
I lost a comfortable three weeks trying to stuff my book into 400 8.5 x 11 pages and after I had lowered every font, enlarged every text box, and come up with creative ways to get all my illustrations in, I still had a 460 page book. That being the case, everyone who is currently on the list to buy the book will get the price I quoted: $160. I will accept more reservations for the book at that price until September 18, which happens to be my 65th birthday. As of September 19 the price will go to $175 -- and if you are interested in Houdinis secrets it will be worth every penny. It still has the slipcase and index. If I quote or cite something (which I do a couple of thousand times), I give the source right there, in the text--you don't have to dive to the end of the chapter or buy another book. Since I am only printing a limited run of 278 copies, it may, in time, be worth more than what I'm asking.
The people who have signed up to receive my book, and there are a lot of them, learned about it on the Genie forums Collectors Marketplace, the forum at handcuffs.org, and the escape artists forum at the Magic Café. My book is meant to be a technical manual of Houdini's methods and I am now satisfied that I have reached the people who will make the best use of it.
Dont any of you think of escaping from the Escape Artists convention before Sunday afternoon because my lecture will is going to burn the barn down.
lauher 15 Sep 2009
#2
Patrick

I am really looking forward to your talk. I always learn a lot from your presentations and your books.

Joe
Ian McColl 16 Sep 2009
#3
I want to announce the subject of my lecture on Sunday, October 4, at the Cannon's sixth annual escape artists convention. The subject will be: Houdini's handcuff work with a close study of Houdini's confrontation with William Hope Hodgson in Blackburn, England in 1902.
I also have to announce that I have fallen a bit behind in finishing my book Houdini--the Key and I will not have it in my hands in time for the convention. I realize I have many names of people who intend to purchase the book and hoped to pick it up at the convention. If your name is on the list as of now, and you attend the Cannon's convention, I will pay for shipping on those books. Whether youre in Sweden, Australia, or San Bernardino it will be my nickel.
I lost a comfortable three weeks trying to stuff my book into 400 8.5 x 11 pages and after I had lowered every font, enlarged every text box, and come up with creative ways to get all my illustrations in, I still had a 460 page book. That being the case, everyone who is currently on the list to buy the book will get the price I quoted: $160. I will accept more reservations for the book at that price until September 18, which happens to be my 65th birthday. As of September 19 the price will go to $175 -- and if you are interested in Houdinis secrets it will be worth every penny. It still has the slipcase and index. If I quote or cite something (which I do a couple of thousand times), I give the source right there, in the text--you don't have to dive to the end of the chapter or buy another book. Since I am only printing a limited run of 278 copies, it may, in time, be worth more than what I'm asking.
The people who have signed up to receive my book, and there are a lot of them, learned about it on the Genie forums Collectors Marketplace, the forum at handcuffs.org, and the escape artists forum at the Magic Café. My book is meant to be a technical manual of Houdini's methods and I am now satisfied that I have reached the people who will make the best use of it.
Dont any of you think of escaping from the Escape Artists convention before Sunday afternoon because my lecture will is going to burn the barn down.
Click to expand...
Please take me off your book list.

Ian
Kevin Connolly 16 Sep 2009
#4
I want to announce the subject of my lecture on Sunday, October 4, at the Cannon's sixth annual escape artists convention. The subject will be: Houdini's handcuff work with a close study of Houdini's confrontation with William Hope Hodgson in Blackburn, England in 1902.
I also have to announce that I have fallen a bit behind in finishing my book Houdini--the Key and I will not have it in my hands in time for the convention. I realize I have many names of people who intend to purchase the book and hoped to pick it up at the convention. If your name is on the list as of now, and you attend the Cannon's convention, I will pay for shipping on those books. Whether youre in Sweden, Australia, or San Bernardino it will be my nickel.
I lost a comfortable three weeks trying to stuff my book into 400 8.5 x 11 pages and after I had lowered every font, enlarged every text box, and come up with creative ways to get all my illustrations in, I still had a 460 page book. That being the case, everyone who is currently on the list to buy the book will get the price I quoted: $160. I will accept more reservations for the book at that price until September 18, which happens to be my 65th birthday. As of September 19 the price will go to $175 -- and if you are interested in Houdinis secrets it will be worth every penny. It still has the slipcase and index. If I quote or cite something (which I do a couple of thousand times), I give the source right there, in the text--you don't have to dive to the end of the chapter or buy another book. Since I am only printing a limited run of 278 copies, it may, in time, be worth more than what I'm asking.
The people who have signed up to receive my book, and there are a lot of them, learned about it on the Genie forums Collectors Marketplace, the forum at handcuffs.org, and the escape artists forum at the Magic Café. My book is meant to be a technical manual of Houdini's methods and I am now satisfied that I have reached the people who will make the best use of it.
Dont any of you think of escaping from the Escape Artists convention before Sunday afternoon because my lecture will is going to burn the barn down.
Click to expand...
I'll buy another one.