OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Hiatt Darby

3 visible archived posts · 3 preserved total · topic ID 3218
Original topic ↗Recovered images
Damon Shields 26 Sep 2009
#1
I'm wondering about this Hiatt darby. Originally I thought it was a superintendent. It isn't. It looks very much like a Hiatt light weight with extra links (factory) which I have not seen before. I believe it was used in the British Prison system. It has a non-factory stamp of 609 on it as well as the "British Made".

Thanks,

Damon




PaulJDavies 27 Sep 2009
#2
Interesting.
Usually the "superintendent" has lighter oval shaped links. If you are saying that the cuffs are still the lighter weight version with the heavy round links then I would guess that they were a special order. If they are heavy weight with extra links it's somewhere between a long chain and normal. If it had the "home office" prison type key they would be very special. Good find! Nice to see.
Damon Shields 27 Sep 2009
#3
I'm wondering about this Hiatt darby. Originally I thought it was a superintendent. It isn't. It looks very much like a Hiatt light weight with extra links (factory) which I have not seen before. I believe it was used in the British Prison system. It has a non-factory stamp of 609 on it as well as the "British Made".

Thanks,

Damon




Click to expand...
Thanks Paul- The extra links are different then any I have seen and it is not a light weight. I have a similar darby with two round links that is also marked "best". This one is not marked best, although with the swivel and finish I would have bet it was a "best". It may have been something ordered from the factory.