OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

TRYING TO IDENTIFY THESE HANDCUFFS. HELP

6 visible archived posts · 6 preserved total · topic ID 3448
Original topic ↗Recovered images
Chris 19 Mar 2010
#1
Hi. I recently purchased this pair of handcuffs at a swap meet, and am trying to identify them and find out what they are worth. There isn't much on them. There is a name is stamped into it: J SAMSON (but I assume this is the owner). There are TWO pat'd dates. Looks like JUNE 17 '62 and JUly 17 '66??? This could also be 86 and 82, the stamp is blurry. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I bought them cause they looked cool and I wanted something to hang next my holster, but it would be nice to know what they are worth. For all I know they are fakes, but they seem realm- certainly have a patina and age - altho I know nothing about handcuffs. Thanks again for any help you can give.







lauher 19 Mar 2010
#2
You have a pair of Tower single locking handcuffs.

For more infor visit: http://handcuffs.org/tower/index.html

Joe
Chris 19 Mar 2010
#3
Hi. I recently purchased this pair of handcuffs at a swap meet, and am trying to identify them and find out what they are worth. There isn't much on them. There is a name is stamped into it: J SAMSON (but I assume this is the owner). There are TWO pat'd dates. Looks like JUNE 17 '62 and JUly 17 '66??? This could also be 86 and 82, the stamp is blurry. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I bought them cause they looked cool and I wanted something to hang next my holster, but it would be nice to know what they are worth. For all I know they are fakes, but they seem realm- certainly have a patina and age - altho I know nothing about handcuffs. Thanks again for any help you can give.







Click to expand...
Wow, that was a fast response! Thanks a lot. It's very cool knowing what they are. Now I can enjoy them and not worry !! Thanks again for the info. Chris.
atlanta*casting 19 Mar 2010
#4
Hi. I recently purchased this pair of handcuffs at a swap meet, and am trying to identify them and find out what they are worth. There isn't much on them. There is a name is stamped into it: J SAMSON (but I assume this is the owner). There are TWO pat'd dates. Looks like JUNE 17 '62 and JUly 17 '66??? This could also be 86 and 82, the stamp is blurry. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I bought them cause they looked cool and I wanted something to hang next my holster, but it would be nice to know what they are worth. For all I know they are fakes, but they seem realm- certainly have a patina and age - altho I know nothing about handcuffs. Thanks again for any help you can give.







Click to expand...
Recent auction ended at $358.00,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0412547800

Kinda high end on the price, (my opinion)
Oly83 19 Mar 2010
#5
Hi. I recently purchased this pair of handcuffs at a swap meet, and am trying to identify them and find out what they are worth. There isn't much on them. There is a name is stamped into it: J SAMSON (but I assume this is the owner). There are TWO pat'd dates. Looks like JUNE 17 '62 and JUly 17 '66??? This could also be 86 and 82, the stamp is blurry. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I bought them cause they looked cool and I wanted something to hang next my holster, but it would be nice to know what they are worth. For all I know they are fakes, but they seem realm- certainly have a patina and age - altho I know nothing about handcuffs. Thanks again for any help you can give.







Click to expand...
Wow, that does seem a little high. Is there something I'm missing on this particular pair? Cheers to the seller though!
Dorson 19 Mar 2010
#6
Hi. I recently purchased this pair of handcuffs at a swap meet, and am trying to identify them and find out what they are worth. There isn't much on them. There is a name is stamped into it: J SAMSON (but I assume this is the owner). There are TWO pat'd dates. Looks like JUNE 17 '62 and JUly 17 '66??? This could also be 86 and 82, the stamp is blurry. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I bought them cause they looked cool and I wanted something to hang next my holster, but it would be nice to know what they are worth. For all I know they are fakes, but they seem realm- certainly have a patina and age - altho I know nothing about handcuffs. Thanks again for any help you can give.







Click to expand...
I agree with you Atlanta*casting, seems a bit high for a single lock barrel key tower...