OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

What, No April Fools Jokes?

8 visible archived posts · 8 preserved total · topic ID 3472
Original topic ↗Recovered images
Mark Lyons 02 Apr 2010
#1
I was expecting a $5 Berliner sale or hearing that someone discovered a container full of Burdick Leg Irons today.

Some of us may not be in such a jovial mood to be joking around very much lately.
There are lots of issues going on within our fun little community.

In my own world, it is my son's 23rd birthday today and I was not able to call him to wish him well.

I hope by this time next year, we have gotten past all the things that are hurting us now and we can continue on with the fun stuff.

I for one, hope to present to you the recently discovered dual custody keyed Darby cuff from Transylvania or notify you about the ship wreck found of the coast of Germany with a water proofed footlocker filled with Abus Leg irons.

Hoping that we have happier times by next year....

mark
O--O
Dorson 02 Apr 2010
#2
LOL, I could come up with some stuff but been under the weather with sinus issues... And since you mentioned Abus Legirons aka Bavarian legirons. What was the story on them and why they didn't go into high production. Did it follow the same lines as Master Lock and there street cuff no longer being adjustable and why they are harder to find them in general...
Howy 02 Apr 2010
#3
I was expecting a $5 Berliner sale or hearing that someone discovered a container full of Burdick Leg Irons today.

Some of us may not be in such a jovial mood to be joking around very much lately.
There are lots of issues going on within our fun little community.

In my own world, it is my son's 23rd birthday today and I was not able to call him to wish him well.

I hope by this time next year, we have gotten past all the things that are hurting us now and we can continue on with the fun stuff.

I for one, hope to present to you the recently discovered dual custody keyed Darby cuff from Transylvania or notify you about the ship wreck found of the coast of Germany with a water proofed footlocker filled with Abus Leg irons.

Hoping that we have happier times by next year....

mark
O--O
Click to expand...
I thought there were two Master Street Cuffs, one fixed and the other one adjustible, say 4X sixes or so.

One had a shorter motorcycle chain that the other, if I remember correctly.

Howy
Cincy
Anonymous 02 Apr 2010
#4
I was expecting a $5 Berliner sale or hearing that someone discovered a container full of Burdick Leg Irons today.

Some of us may not be in such a jovial mood to be joking around very much lately.
There are lots of issues going on within our fun little community.

In my own world, it is my son's 23rd birthday today and I was not able to call him to wish him well.

I hope by this time next year, we have gotten past all the things that are hurting us now and we can continue on with the fun stuff.

I for one, hope to present to you the recently discovered dual custody keyed Darby cuff from Transylvania or notify you about the ship wreck found of the coast of Germany with a water proofed footlocker filled with Abus Leg irons.

Hoping that we have happier times by next year....

mark
O--O
Click to expand...
Victor Works or Kub Industries may have brought a patent infingment case against Abus for design theft.... or maybe not.
holstcollection 02 Apr 2010
#5
I was expecting a $5 Berliner sale or hearing that someone discovered a container full of Burdick Leg Irons today.

Some of us may not be in such a jovial mood to be joking around very much lately.
There are lots of issues going on within our fun little community.

In my own world, it is my son's 23rd birthday today and I was not able to call him to wish him well.

I hope by this time next year, we have gotten past all the things that are hurting us now and we can continue on with the fun stuff.

I for one, hope to present to you the recently discovered dual custody keyed Darby cuff from Transylvania or notify you about the ship wreck found of the coast of Germany with a water proofed footlocker filled with Abus Leg irons.

Hoping that we have happier times by next year....

mark
O--O
Click to expand...
Mark,
I had some ideas on posting a joke but it has been too less time. First I planned on
posting the cuff below as an Aprils Fools Joke but as it already has been seen by many
it wouldn't be that funny.



Let's hope for better jokes next year. The "Kakola Joke" some years ago will be very hard to beat though.


Happy Easter to everyone!

Lars




Dorson 02 Apr 2010
#6
I was expecting a $5 Berliner sale or hearing that someone discovered a container full of Burdick Leg Irons today.

Some of us may not be in such a jovial mood to be joking around very much lately.
There are lots of issues going on within our fun little community.

In my own world, it is my son's 23rd birthday today and I was not able to call him to wish him well.

I hope by this time next year, we have gotten past all the things that are hurting us now and we can continue on with the fun stuff.

I for one, hope to present to you the recently discovered dual custody keyed Darby cuff from Transylvania or notify you about the ship wreck found of the coast of Germany with a water proofed footlocker filled with Abus Leg irons.

Hoping that we have happier times by next year....

mark
O--O
Click to expand...
I don't know who anonymous is but whomever they are need to think that one through carefully, there is a reason why it is called the Bavarian Justice Leg irons. They certainly predate anything the Pakistani's have made, in fact most of what they sell are reproductions and/or modifications into new configurations.
Michael Busch 02 Apr 2010
#7
I was expecting a $5 Berliner sale or hearing that someone discovered a container full of Burdick Leg Irons today.

Some of us may not be in such a jovial mood to be joking around very much lately.
There are lots of issues going on within our fun little community.

In my own world, it is my son's 23rd birthday today and I was not able to call him to wish him well.

I hope by this time next year, we have gotten past all the things that are hurting us now and we can continue on with the fun stuff.

I for one, hope to present to you the recently discovered dual custody keyed Darby cuff from Transylvania or notify you about the ship wreck found of the coast of Germany with a water proofed footlocker filled with Abus Leg irons.

Hoping that we have happier times by next year....

mark
O--O
Click to expand...
The leg-irons in question were made on behalf of the Bavarian justice system in the middle of the 1990s. At that time 20 sets were made, 10 of these went to official use, the other 10 were sold to private collectors. At the time of production one set cost 1200 DM (which is 613 Euro today), and the set consisted of one pair of irons, 6 keys, a key-chain to connect one of the keys to the officers belt, a card box in which the lock-cylinders came, a security card which has to be sent in to Abus along with one of the keys in order to get a replacement key, and a carrying bag made from "artificial leather". The irons are stamped with "BYP" (Bayern Polizei), "HF" (possibly the initials of the maker) and the serial number, which is "015" on my set.

These irons replaced the modified Clejuso leg-irons, the pictures below show a set from the Stadelheim prison in Munich:


Best wishes to all of you,

Michael
cuffman69 02 Apr 2010
#8
I was expecting a $5 Berliner sale or hearing that someone discovered a container full of Burdick Leg Irons today.

Some of us may not be in such a jovial mood to be joking around very much lately.
There are lots of issues going on within our fun little community.

In my own world, it is my son's 23rd birthday today and I was not able to call him to wish him well.

I hope by this time next year, we have gotten past all the things that are hurting us now and we can continue on with the fun stuff.

I for one, hope to present to you the recently discovered dual custody keyed Darby cuff from Transylvania or notify you about the ship wreck found of the coast of Germany with a water proofed footlocker filled with Abus Leg irons.

Hoping that we have happier times by next year....

mark
O--O
Click to expand...
Hi Dorson,
My 1st and last posting as an annon was ment as a bit of post April fools irony.

Mark(RMP)