OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Houdini Exhibition

4 visible archived posts · 4 preserved total · topic ID 3474
Original topic ↗Recovered images
John Cox 04 Apr 2010
#1
I've posted details of the big Houdini exhibition, Houdini: Art & Magic, set to open at the Jewish Museum in NYC in October and then tour. Really looking forward to this!

Tour schedule:
http://www.houdini-lives.com/Houdini_Li ... ition.html

Exhibition book details:
http://www.houdini-lives.com/Houdini_Li ... Magic.html
Kevin Connolly 08 Apr 2010
#2
They'll even have cuffs there too! Similar to the one that is on the top of this page.
john bushey 08 Apr 2010
#3
I've posted details of the big Houdini exhibition, Houdini: Art & Magic, set to open at the Jewish Museum in NYC in October and then tour. Really looking forward to this!

Tour schedule:
http://www.houdini-lives.com/Houdini_Li ... ition.html

Exhibition book details:
http://www.houdini-lives.com/Houdini_Li ... Magic.html
Hello,
I'd hope they have more than one handcuff. As a matter of fact, with the clout and pull the group putting this display together has,
I would like to see them get the display board from the SAM museum. Can someone pass that along. It contains about 10 cuffs, including
the one and only Russian Manacle pictured in Houdini photos and the 1906 Europe's Eclipsing Sensation poster. The board was probably put together
and donated by Bess to the SAM in 1935 or 36, in time for the 10 year anniversary seance. Now that would be a great item and handcuff board to
have on display. The board is in the SAM museum in LA and is not accessible due to "hazardous materials". But, I'm sure the group could
work a deal to remove and clean these priceless cuffs and significant piece of history of Houdini.
John
Anonymous 14 Apr 2010
#4
I've posted details of the big Houdini exhibition, Houdini: Art & Magic, set to open at the Jewish Museum in NYC in October and then tour. Really looking forward to this!

Tour schedule:
http://www.houdini-lives.com/Houdini_Li ... ition.html

Exhibition book details:
http://www.houdini-lives.com/Houdini_Li ... Magic.html
I will pass along your info John

Michael Lee