OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Lost in Post / Stolen Cuffs - Help Wanted

3 visible archived posts · 3 preserved total · topic ID 3486
Original topic ↗Recovered images
PaulJDavies 17 Apr 2010
#1
If anyone happens to see these cuffs in circulation on ebay or elsewhere, I'd appreciate you letting me know. See pics. They are now stolen items in my mind. They are a mint 1866 Tower edge keyed cuff (hard to identify from the many) and a HiattG leg iron (one of a kind, possibly Hiatt Griffin).

Last August I was invited to buy some handcuffs from one of our fellow collectors who claims to have the biggest collection in Canada. Having paid $755 Canadian by Western Union, I waited a month to see if they would arrive. After numerous phone calls and emails I was told they were missing in the Post, between Nova Scotia and Australia, and $300 insurance was claimed (under insured). Interestingly, Canada Post never checked with me to see if they had arrived to verify the claim!?? I have seen nothing of the cuffs, my money or the insurance money and the seller has not done anything he said he would to rectify the situation. So eight months later, this is all I can do to try and find them.

So the lessons for the novice are:
1/ Don't trust anyone you have not met in person or is not known and trusted by others here.
2/ Try to buy through ebay - you have some guarantees.
3/ Have any expensive purchases/sales sent by Tracked/Registered and fully insured mail.
I'm sure there are a few other pearls of wisdom that can be added by others too.

Paul Davies




Anonymous 17 Apr 2010
#2
Ive bought,sold and traded well over 100 handcuffs from the collector you two are slandering.
I never been ripped off or scammed once since Ive known him and he had plenty of chances. Alot of the boxes that arrived here were worth alot more then $700.00 and every one of them showed up. Only one time a box took forever to arrive.
It arrived 7 weeks later and was post marked 6 1/2 weeks earlier proving he kept his word and mailed it when he said he did. Obviously Canada Post or customs sat on the package for a while.
Things happen to the best of us.

Just ask Scamtini
















lauher 18 Apr 2010
#3
If anyone happens to see these cuffs in circulation on ebay or elsewhere, I'd appreciate you letting me know. See pics. They are now stolen items in my mind. They are a mint 1866 Tower edge keyed cuff (hard to identify from the many) and a HiattG leg iron (one of a kind, possibly Hiatt Griffin).

Last August I was invited to buy some handcuffs from one of our fellow collectors who claims to have the biggest collection in Canada. Having paid $755 Canadian by Western Union, I waited a month to see if they would arrive. After numerous phone calls and emails I was told they were missing in the Post, between Nova Scotia and Australia, and $300 insurance was claimed (under insured). Interestingly, Canada Post never checked with me to see if they had arrived to verify the claim!?? I have seen nothing of the cuffs, my money or the insurance money and the seller has not done anything he said he would to rectify the situation. So eight months later, this is all I can do to try and find them.

So the lessons for the novice are:
1/ Don't trust anyone you have not met in person or is not known and trusted by others here.
2/ Try to buy through ebay - you have some guarantees.
3/ Have any expensive purchases/sales sent by Tracked/Registered and fully insured mail.
I'm sure there are a few other pearls of wisdom that can be added by others too.

Paul Davies




Click to expand...
I am closing this thread because it is getting out of hand.
But I am leaving Pauls message because the location of the cuffs is still not know and perhaps someone will find them for Paul someday.

Joe