OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Bull Hook

5 visible archived posts ยท 5 preserved total ยท topic ID 3493
Original topic โ†—Recovered images
lauher 20 Apr 2010
#1
The Bull Hook that Damon found at Indy was patented in 1960. I bought a complete one of these with its mounting hardware the last time I went to the Indy show.

Joe



Damon Shields 20 Apr 2010
#2
Thanks Joe,

I thought I had seen one but couldn't remember where. The one I have has Pat. Pending and the chrome plating is perfect-I suspect never used. My patent search didn't turn up anything by name. It's a shame they removed the bottom half but it's still a neat piece of history.

Damon
Ron Spitz 20 Apr 2010
#3
The Bull Hook that Damon found at Indy was patented in 1960. I bought a complete one of these with its mounting hardware the last time I went to the Indy show.

Joe



I remember several years ago there was a heavy eye type bolt on eBay. It was to be mounted on the floor of the car so that a cuff could be attached or a chain passed through it. It was complete in the box never used. I think it was patented but don't remember.

There are as least a half dozen other patents for devices to secure a prisoner in an car.

Ron
Anonymous 20 Apr 2010
#4
The Bull Hook that Damon found at Indy was patented in 1960. I bought a complete one of these with its mounting hardware the last time I went to the Indy show.

Joe







Damon Shields 20 Apr 2010
#5
The Bull Hook that Damon found at Indy was patented in 1960. I bought a complete one of these with its mounting hardware the last time I went to the Indy show.

Joe



Different key lock but basically the same.