OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

The Collector Bug

12 visible archived posts Β· 12 preserved total Β· topic ID 3561
Original topic β†—Recovered images
Mark Lyons 16 Jun 2010
#1
Hi,
I recently attended my sister's wedding which was held at a very unique and beautiful compound in Topanga Canyon, California. It was a top notch affair and quite amazing.
The owner of the property seemed to have the same collecting bug that most of us here have.
While this post has nothing to do with handcuffs, I figured that I would share this with you as it is impressive and displayed nicely.
The Pez dispensers are 6 or7 deep and I can't even imagine how many there are. The snow globes are about 3 or 4 deep.
I do not know much about the collection but they had an entire room dedicated to housing it.
Meg Whitman, who started eBay, originally set up her online auction to further her own Pez dispenser collection. Her auction site grew and grew and turned into the eBay that we all know today...and utilize it to get some nice cuffs.
There, I combined this impressive collection with the topic of cuffs, so I did make this a valid posting.
Enjoy!












Mark
O--O


atlanta*casting 16 Jun 2010
#2
Mark,

My daughter was just here visiting and I showed her your posted piks.

I said "see now", my cuff collection is just not quite as organized.

But certainly cool. She said "HHMMM" and walked away.
Joseph Fox 16 Jun 2010
#3
Hi,
I recently attended my sister's wedding which was held at a very unique and beautiful compound in Topanga Canyon, California. It was a top notch affair and quite amazing.
The owner of the property seemed to have the same collecting bug that most of us here have.
While this post has nothing to do with handcuffs, I figured that I would share this with you as it is impressive and displayed nicely.
The Pez dispensers are 6 or7 deep and I can't even imagine how many there are. The snow globes are about 3 or 4 deep.
I do not know much about the collection but they had an entire room dedicated to housing it.
Meg Whitman, who started eBay, originally set up her online auction to further her own Pez dispenser collection. Her auction site grew and grew and turned into the eBay that we all know today...and utilize it to get some nice cuffs.
There, I combined this impressive collection with the topic of cuffs, so I did make this a valid posting.
Enjoy!












Mark
O--O


Click to expand...
Nice organized collection.

By-the-way that location is right in the heart of "earthquake country", here in Los Angeles. I hope the gobes & Pez are secured with tacky adhesive of somekind.

....fortunately, us handcuff collectors aren't worried about cuffs breaking if they fell off display shelves, etc.
Kevin Connolly 16 Jun 2010
#4
Hi,
I recently attended my sister's wedding which was held at a very unique and beautiful compound in Topanga Canyon, California. It was a top notch affair and quite amazing.
The owner of the property seemed to have the same collecting bug that most of us here have.
While this post has nothing to do with handcuffs, I figured that I would share this with you as it is impressive and displayed nicely.
The Pez dispensers are 6 or7 deep and I can't even imagine how many there are. The snow globes are about 3 or 4 deep.
I do not know much about the collection but they had an entire room dedicated to housing it.
Meg Whitman, who started eBay, originally set up her online auction to further her own Pez dispenser collection. Her auction site grew and grew and turned into the eBay that we all know today...and utilize it to get some nice cuffs.
There, I combined this impressive collection with the topic of cuffs, so I did make this a valid posting.
Enjoy!












Mark
O--O


Click to expand...
Very impressive! I wish they come over my house and sort this stuff out.

PS I don't thing Meg Whitman started eBay. I think it was guy in France who started it for his girlfriend so she could find things for her collection. Meg was in there from the early part of eBay and scored the big bucks.
Mark Lyons 16 Jun 2010
#5
Hi,
I recently attended my sister's wedding which was held at a very unique and beautiful compound in Topanga Canyon, California. It was a top notch affair and quite amazing.
The owner of the property seemed to have the same collecting bug that most of us here have.
While this post has nothing to do with handcuffs, I figured that I would share this with you as it is impressive and displayed nicely.
The Pez dispensers are 6 or7 deep and I can't even imagine how many there are. The snow globes are about 3 or 4 deep.
I do not know much about the collection but they had an entire room dedicated to housing it.
Meg Whitman, who started eBay, originally set up her online auction to further her own Pez dispenser collection. Her auction site grew and grew and turned into the eBay that we all know today...and utilize it to get some nice cuffs.
There, I combined this impressive collection with the topic of cuffs, so I did make this a valid posting.
Enjoy!












Mark
O--O


Click to expand...
Kevin, That could be fact. I did not do any research on the topic, and made an assumption that it was her. I do recall that a husband or boyfriend set it up.
Looks like Whitman will soon become the governor of the state and maybe she will outlaw earthquakes in Topanga Canyon.


mark
O--O
Anonymous 16 Jun 2010
#6
Hi,
I recently attended my sister's wedding which was held at a very unique and beautiful compound in Topanga Canyon, California. It was a top notch affair and quite amazing.
The owner of the property seemed to have the same collecting bug that most of us here have.
While this post has nothing to do with handcuffs, I figured that I would share this with you as it is impressive and displayed nicely.
The Pez dispensers are 6 or7 deep and I can't even imagine how many there are. The snow globes are about 3 or 4 deep.
I do not know much about the collection but they had an entire room dedicated to housing it.
Meg Whitman, who started eBay, originally set up her online auction to further her own Pez dispenser collection. Her auction site grew and grew and turned into the eBay that we all know today...and utilize it to get some nice cuffs.
There, I combined this impressive collection with the topic of cuffs, so I did make this a valid posting.
Enjoy!












Mark
O--O


Click to expand...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Omidyar
Kevin Connolly 16 Jun 2010
#7
Hi,
I recently attended my sister's wedding which was held at a very unique and beautiful compound in Topanga Canyon, California. It was a top notch affair and quite amazing.
The owner of the property seemed to have the same collecting bug that most of us here have.
While this post has nothing to do with handcuffs, I figured that I would share this with you as it is impressive and displayed nicely.
The Pez dispensers are 6 or7 deep and I can't even imagine how many there are. The snow globes are about 3 or 4 deep.
I do not know much about the collection but they had an entire room dedicated to housing it.
Meg Whitman, who started eBay, originally set up her online auction to further her own Pez dispenser collection. Her auction site grew and grew and turned into the eBay that we all know today...and utilize it to get some nice cuffs.
There, I combined this impressive collection with the topic of cuffs, so I did make this a valid posting.
Enjoy!












Mark
O--O


Click to expand...
If Pete had one more country that he was from in that description, he could be the UN all by himself.
Jack.Tanis 16 Jun 2010
#8
Hi,
I recently attended my sister's wedding which was held at a very unique and beautiful compound in Topanga Canyon, California. It was a top notch affair and quite amazing.
The owner of the property seemed to have the same collecting bug that most of us here have.
While this post has nothing to do with handcuffs, I figured that I would share this with you as it is impressive and displayed nicely.
The Pez dispensers are 6 or7 deep and I can't even imagine how many there are. The snow globes are about 3 or 4 deep.
I do not know much about the collection but they had an entire room dedicated to housing it.
Meg Whitman, who started eBay, originally set up her online auction to further her own Pez dispenser collection. Her auction site grew and grew and turned into the eBay that we all know today...and utilize it to get some nice cuffs.
There, I combined this impressive collection with the topic of cuffs, so I did make this a valid posting.
Enjoy!












Mark
O--O


Click to expand...
Hello,

When I first registered with eBay, one way to resolve a problem quickly and effectively was to send an e-mail to [email protected]. It worked like a charm every time. Of course, those days ended long ago, existing in a prior century and millennium.

Cheers,

Jack
http://www.editing.org.uk/tanis/collectibles.htm
mark lyons 16 Jun 2010
#9
Hi,
I recently attended my sister's wedding which was held at a very unique and beautiful compound in Topanga Canyon, California. It was a top notch affair and quite amazing.
The owner of the property seemed to have the same collecting bug that most of us here have.
While this post has nothing to do with handcuffs, I figured that I would share this with you as it is impressive and displayed nicely.
The Pez dispensers are 6 or7 deep and I can't even imagine how many there are. The snow globes are about 3 or 4 deep.
I do not know much about the collection but they had an entire room dedicated to housing it.
Meg Whitman, who started eBay, originally set up her online auction to further her own Pez dispenser collection. Her auction site grew and grew and turned into the eBay that we all know today...and utilize it to get some nice cuffs.
There, I combined this impressive collection with the topic of cuffs, so I did make this a valid posting.
Enjoy!












Mark
O--O


Click to expand...
No Pez!
In reading the above link to Wikipedia, The Pez/eBay connection was a pulicity effort.
Here is part of the story:
Piere Omidyar was 28 when he sat down over a long holiday weekend to write the original computer code for what eventually became an internet superbrand the auction site eBay. The site was launched on Labor Day, Monday, September 4, 1995, as "Auction Web"; it was hosted on a site Omidyar had created for information on the ebola virus. The word 'eBay' was made up on the fly by Omidyar when he was told that his first choice for his web site, 'echobay,' had already been registered. Not wanting to make a second trip to Sacramento, he came up with 'eBay.' The frequently repeated story that eBay was founded to help Omidyar's fiancΓ©e trade Pez candy dispensers was fabricated by a public relations manager in 1997 to interest the media. This was revealed in Adam Cohen's 2002 book[6] and confirmed by eBay. Auction Web was later renamed "eBay". The service was free at first, but started charging in order to cover internet service provider costs.

.....and charge and charge and charge and charge.


mark
O--O
Kevin Connolly 17 Jun 2010
#10
Hi,
I recently attended my sister's wedding which was held at a very unique and beautiful compound in Topanga Canyon, California. It was a top notch affair and quite amazing.
The owner of the property seemed to have the same collecting bug that most of us here have.
While this post has nothing to do with handcuffs, I figured that I would share this with you as it is impressive and displayed nicely.
The Pez dispensers are 6 or7 deep and I can't even imagine how many there are. The snow globes are about 3 or 4 deep.
I do not know much about the collection but they had an entire room dedicated to housing it.
Meg Whitman, who started eBay, originally set up her online auction to further her own Pez dispenser collection. Her auction site grew and grew and turned into the eBay that we all know today...and utilize it to get some nice cuffs.
There, I combined this impressive collection with the topic of cuffs, so I did make this a valid posting.
Enjoy!












Mark
O--O


Click to expand...
That sounds as contrived as his Wiki bio. Where's Britanica when you need them?
Michael Lee 17 Jun 2010
#11
Hi,
I recently attended my sister's wedding which was held at a very unique and beautiful compound in Topanga Canyon, California. It was a top notch affair and quite amazing.
The owner of the property seemed to have the same collecting bug that most of us here have.
While this post has nothing to do with handcuffs, I figured that I would share this with you as it is impressive and displayed nicely.
The Pez dispensers are 6 or7 deep and I can't even imagine how many there are. The snow globes are about 3 or 4 deep.
I do not know much about the collection but they had an entire room dedicated to housing it.
Meg Whitman, who started eBay, originally set up her online auction to further her own Pez dispenser collection. Her auction site grew and grew and turned into the eBay that we all know today...and utilize it to get some nice cuffs.
There, I combined this impressive collection with the topic of cuffs, so I did make this a valid posting.
Enjoy!












Mark
O--O


Click to expand...
When the next earthquake hits ........and there will be otheres ...

all that will be left standing will me 3 milk bottles at Magic Mountain



ML
Nils 17 Jun 2010
#12
Hi,
I recently attended my sister's wedding which was held at a very unique and beautiful compound in Topanga Canyon, California. It was a top notch affair and quite amazing.
The owner of the property seemed to have the same collecting bug that most of us here have.
While this post has nothing to do with handcuffs, I figured that I would share this with you as it is impressive and displayed nicely.
The Pez dispensers are 6 or7 deep and I can't even imagine how many there are. The snow globes are about 3 or 4 deep.
I do not know much about the collection but they had an entire room dedicated to housing it.
Meg Whitman, who started eBay, originally set up her online auction to further her own Pez dispenser collection. Her auction site grew and grew and turned into the eBay that we all know today...and utilize it to get some nice cuffs.
There, I combined this impressive collection with the topic of cuffs, so I did make this a valid posting.
Enjoy!












Mark
O--O


Click to expand...
You have to hand it to them, the idea was brilliant. I love ebay. But it was only possible when digital cameras came around.

For some time, they used to kick handcuffs off German ebay, they said for "sexual or whatever content."

I politely pointed out that there were three seperate categories on ebay.com for handcuffs, and I never had a problem over here again.

Nils