OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Original Hiatt Darby Handcuff Box

7 visible archived posts · 7 preserved total · topic ID 3649
Original topic ↗Recovered images
The Amazing Michael 16 Aug 2010
#1
Hello everyone, I have been doing a little house cleaning this weekend and found an item that I would like to sell or trade. The item is an original Hiatt 115 Darby handcuff box from the late 50's or early 60's; it has some wear on it but over all is in pretty good shape. Here are some photos:







The box has some nice artwork on it showing off some of Hiatt's police equiptment from yesteryear. I don't collect handcuff boxes so I am offering this item up to someone who does. I am asking $10.00 USD + actual shipping cost or a trade of roughly equal value. Besides handcuffs and restraints, I collect padlocks and unusual keys....if you have something that matches that discribtion, make me an offer. E-mail me at mindhunter42 @ hotmail.com. Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Mike D~C/
Steve Santini 16 Aug 2010
#2
I got the handcuffs that one resided in that very box

Cheers Mike.

Steve
The Amazing Michael 16 Aug 2010
#3
Hello everyone, I have been doing a little house cleaning this weekend and found an item that I would like to sell or trade. The item is an original Hiatt 115 Darby handcuff box from the late 50's or early 60's; it has some wear on it but over all is in pretty good shape. Here are some photos:







The box has some nice artwork on it showing off some of Hiatt's police equiptment from yesteryear. I don't collect handcuff boxes so I am offering this item up to someone who does. I am asking $10.00 USD + actual shipping cost or a trade of roughly equal value. Besides handcuffs and restraints, I collect padlocks and unusual keys....if you have something that matches that discribtion, make me an offer. E-mail me at mindhunter42 @ hotmail.com. Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Mike D~C/
Click to expand...
Yes, I beleive you do! I was happy to trade them to you. BTW, I still have the items you gave me for them. Thanks again!

Cheers, Mike D~C/
Mikeintightpants 17 Aug 2010
#4
Hello everyone, I have been doing a little house cleaning this weekend and found an item that I would like to sell or trade. The item is an original Hiatt 115 Darby handcuff box from the late 50's or early 60's; it has some wear on it but over all is in pretty good shape. Here are some photos:







The box has some nice artwork on it showing off some of Hiatt's police equiptment from yesteryear. I don't collect handcuff boxes so I am offering this item up to someone who does. I am asking $10.00 USD + actual shipping cost or a trade of roughly equal value. Besides handcuffs and restraints, I collect padlocks and unusual keys....if you have something that matches that discribtion, make me an offer. E-mail me at mindhunter42 @ hotmail.com. Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Mike D~C/
Click to expand...
Heh Mike, it really is interesting as to how many collectors are really keen to have an original box although like yourself I'm only interested in the contents - and it looks as though you might still have a piece of original Hiatt greaseproof paper there - is it included for the ten bucks?

Probably one of the first cuffs I ever bought was a pair of Hiatt 104's in a very similar box and until recently the box was still hanging around here - but what is interesting is to see from your pic that at that time (60's?) Hiatt were happy to announce to the world at large that they DID produce legirons!

Mike Riccard
a.k.a. Mikeintightpants
Centre of England
The Amazing Michael 17 Aug 2010
#5
Hello everyone, I have been doing a little house cleaning this weekend and found an item that I would like to sell or trade. The item is an original Hiatt 115 Darby handcuff box from the late 50's or early 60's; it has some wear on it but over all is in pretty good shape. Here are some photos:







The box has some nice artwork on it showing off some of Hiatt's police equiptment from yesteryear. I don't collect handcuff boxes so I am offering this item up to someone who does. I am asking $10.00 USD + actual shipping cost or a trade of roughly equal value. Besides handcuffs and restraints, I collect padlocks and unusual keys....if you have something that matches that discribtion, make me an offer. E-mail me at mindhunter42 @ hotmail.com. Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Mike D~C/
Click to expand...
Mike, the greaseproof paper does come with the box. However, I already have someone interested in it.....just got the e-mail early this morning.

Cheers, Mike D~C/
grenchat 19 Aug 2010
#6
Hello everyone, I have been doing a little house cleaning this weekend and found an item that I would like to sell or trade. The item is an original Hiatt 115 Darby handcuff box from the late 50's or early 60's; it has some wear on it but over all is in pretty good shape. Here are some photos:







The box has some nice artwork on it showing off some of Hiatt's police equiptment from yesteryear. I don't collect handcuff boxes so I am offering this item up to someone who does. I am asking $10.00 USD + actual shipping cost or a trade of roughly equal value. Besides handcuffs and restraints, I collect padlocks and unusual keys....if you have something that matches that discribtion, make me an offer. E-mail me at mindhunter42 @ hotmail.com. Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Mike D~C/
Click to expand...
It's great to see ya postin' again, Mike!

Hope all is well with you and yours...

Cheers!
Jason

The Amazing Michael 27 Aug 2010
#7
Hello everyone, I have been doing a little house cleaning this weekend and found an item that I would like to sell or trade. The item is an original Hiatt 115 Darby handcuff box from the late 50's or early 60's; it has some wear on it but over all is in pretty good shape. Here are some photos:







The box has some nice artwork on it showing off some of Hiatt's police equiptment from yesteryear. I don't collect handcuff boxes so I am offering this item up to someone who does. I am asking $10.00 USD + actual shipping cost or a trade of roughly equal value. Besides handcuffs and restraints, I collect padlocks and unusual keys....if you have something that matches that discribtion, make me an offer. E-mail me at mindhunter42 @ hotmail.com. Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Mike D~C/
Click to expand...
This item is sold. Thanks to all who asked about it.

Cheers, Mike D~C/