OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

T.G. Hiatt Pistol

6 visible archived posts · 6 preserved total · topic ID 3667
Original topic ↗Recovered images
PaulJDavies 24 Aug 2010
#1





A nice lady has kindly sent me some photos of this pistol wanting further information on it.
Hopefully one of you has more knowledge of pistols than I do.
The name on the barrel appears to be T. ANDREW 19.
On the handle is T.G. Hiatt.

I would not think that it was Thomas Griffin Hiatt's personal pistol because he was a retailer of pistols among other things. But I would assume it was made before he died in 1840s.
My quick research suggests this shape of pistol was common throughout the first half of the 1800s and is similar to a dueling pistol.

I look forward to any comments

Paul Davies
Steve Santini 24 Aug 2010
#2
Now this is one cool looking handgun!

I may be wrong, but I am thinking the barrel may be a tad too short for a duelling pistol.

It looks like a big bore barrel. Man, this thing must have shot one nasty large ball!

Thanks for posting it.

Cheers, Steve
Nils 24 Aug 2010
#3





A nice lady has kindly sent me some photos of this pistol wanting further information on it.
Hopefully one of you has more knowledge of pistols than I do.
The name on the barrel appears to be T. ANDREW 19.
On the handle is T.G. Hiatt.

I would not think that it was Thomas Griffin Hiatt's personal pistol because he was a retailer of pistols among other things. But I would assume it was made before he died in 1840s.
My quick research suggests this shape of pistol was common throughout the first half of the 1800s and is similar to a dueling pistol.

I look forward to any comments

Paul Davies
Click to expand...

Isn't that current issue British Army? ; )


Nils
lauher 24 Aug 2010
#4





A nice lady has kindly sent me some photos of this pistol wanting further information on it.
Hopefully one of you has more knowledge of pistols than I do.
The name on the barrel appears to be T. ANDREW 19.
On the handle is T.G. Hiatt.

I would not think that it was Thomas Griffin Hiatt's personal pistol because he was a retailer of pistols among other things. But I would assume it was made before he died in 1840s.
My quick research suggests this shape of pistol was common throughout the first half of the 1800s and is similar to a dueling pistol.

I look forward to any comments

Paul Davies
Click to expand...
Paul
Very nice. It would be great to know the story behind this gun.
Joe
joe tanner 24 Aug 2010
#5





A nice lady has kindly sent me some photos of this pistol wanting further information on it.
Hopefully one of you has more knowledge of pistols than I do.
The name on the barrel appears to be T. ANDREW 19.
On the handle is T.G. Hiatt.

I would not think that it was Thomas Griffin Hiatt's personal pistol because he was a retailer of pistols among other things. But I would assume it was made before he died in 1840s.
My quick research suggests this shape of pistol was common throughout the first half of the 1800s and is similar to a dueling pistol.

I look forward to any comments

Paul Davies
Click to expand...
------------- ?? 50 or 52 CAL... joe
Paul 26 Aug 2010
#6





A nice lady has kindly sent me some photos of this pistol wanting further information on it.
Hopefully one of you has more knowledge of pistols than I do.
The name on the barrel appears to be T. ANDREW 19.
On the handle is T.G. Hiatt.

I would not think that it was Thomas Griffin Hiatt's personal pistol because he was a retailer of pistols among other things. But I would assume it was made before he died in 1840s.
My quick research suggests this shape of pistol was common throughout the first half of the 1800s and is similar to a dueling pistol.

I look forward to any comments

Paul Davies
Click to expand...
All I can add to the story of the pistol is that it was bought by an American while stationed in England during WW2. There may be a few of them around in gun collections? I was hoping to see the Parker Field name on it. I thought there may have been some trading of guns for handcuffs!
Paul