OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Tied and Tried at the LA County Fair,,,,thanks

9 visible archived posts ยท 9 preserved total ยท topic ID 3744
Original topic โ†—Recovered images
michael griffin 07 Oct 2010
#1
HI to all. Just got back from performances at the LA County Fair including the Compression Chamber. We had a lot of interesting rope challenges and thought I would submit a pic of one here.
I want to say it was more than great to see Joe Fox again and just be home in the southern calif air




Anonymous 08 Oct 2010
#2
That rope work looks a little amateurish. Not much of a challenge. Houdini he's not.
Anon456 08 Oct 2010
#3
HI to all. Just got back from performances at the LA County Fair including the Compression Chamber. We had a lot of interesting rope challenges and thought I would submit a pic of one here.
I want to say it was more than great to see Joe Fox again and just be home in the southern calif air



You're lucky some people who know shibari or hojojitsu didn't come along to show off how it is done....
michael griffin 08 Oct 2010
#4
HI to all. Just got back from performances at the LA County Fair including the Compression Chamber. We had a lot of interesting rope challenges and thought I would submit a pic of one here.
I want to say it was more than great to see Joe Fox again and just be home in the southern calif air



hey anon
Ive run into shibari folks before, they talk a lot....let one of em get me in utah after the show. almost 20 mins to tie up 3, to get out
its like a guy who takes karate, he thinks he can handle any attack that comes along, while true in the gym, not so true in the real world

this was a fun tie from the audience, not a killer rope tie by any means....just entertainemnt and none of that pussy shibari stuff

i was tied up by an actual murderer in atlanta who tied me up exactly like he did the girls he killed, the sheriffs jumped on stage to get him so yeah not all rope ties are easy
Edgeplay_Cgo 08 Oct 2010
#5
HI to all. Just got back from performances at the LA County Fair including the Compression Chamber. We had a lot of interesting rope challenges and thought I would submit a pic of one here.
I want to say it was more than great to see Joe Fox again and just be home in the southern calif air



Then it's a shame a good Shibari or Hojojitsu practitioner wasn't present. Everyone might have learned something.

But most Shibari and Hojo ties aren't made to be escape proof. Shibari is designed to be restrictive and decorative. Hojojitsu is an old Japanese martial art for police using rope as restraints. And few practitioners have practiced against a real escapist, although there are a lot of eels in the game.

In the real world, it's a lot harder to escape from a Hojojitsu tie when the cop is pummeling you with a club and kicking you. Just as it's harder to escape from handcuffs while he's tasing your butt and hosing you with pepper spray. But that's not the objective of the game.

It might be fun to watch on stage, but I can't imagine anyone willing to subject themself to that.
Dorson 08 Oct 2010
#6
HI to all. Just got back from performances at the LA County Fair including the Compression Chamber. We had a lot of interesting rope challenges and thought I would submit a pic of one here.
I want to say it was more than great to see Joe Fox again and just be home in the southern calif air



Micheal, Luckily for you that you deal mostly with amateurs who tie you up and it does make it easier to get out. Those who seriously practice the Japanese ropes arts will certainly challenge your skills. And they don't use the big fat ropes, they use 6 mm and under for there rope work. Some don't use the soft stuff but will use stuff like sisal that isn't softened and has nasty bite to it.
michael griffin 08 Oct 2010
#7
HI to all. Just got back from performances at the LA County Fair including the Compression Chamber. We had a lot of interesting rope challenges and thought I would submit a pic of one here.
I want to say it was more than great to see Joe Fox again and just be home in the southern calif air



you are correct, this was not a hard tie
I have been tied up with soldered bailing wire, ive been tied up with barb wire
ive been tied up with sutures, sisal, twine, monofiliment
dang near everything

you all have good points about difficulty, howver the one thing remains, the entertainment value on stage. I once had my toes and fingers macaramed together that one took 1 hour 15 mins to tie, about 20 to get out,,,no entertainment value whatsoever

what a lot of people dont think about is that we have to entertain on stage,,,a lot of the challenges i get on the radio dont make sense or are unrational
going back to these special rope guys,,,,they are usually tied up for pleasure of some sort and really not adapt at beating an escape artist
its like the old line a gunfighter says to the new guy, you may be the fastest draw, but have you ever drawn on someone firing back at you?

i like this dialog, but like magic and martial arts, there is studio and book smarts and then there is the real world and it is the real world of challenge escapes that i come from and am talking about

michael griffin 08 Oct 2010
#8
HI to all. Just got back from performances at the LA County Fair including the Compression Chamber. We had a lot of interesting rope challenges and thought I would submit a pic of one here.
I want to say it was more than great to see Joe Fox again and just be home in the southern calif air



Hi, another thing i forgot to add was that when it comes to rope ties the complexity of the knots has very little meaning
I have had my leg almost broke by a trucker and the leverage they know how to get by securing loads in transit
yeah, the real world of escapes is different than in books
Anonymous 13 Oct 2010
#9
HI to all. Just got back from performances at the LA County Fair including the Compression Chamber. We had a lot of interesting rope challenges and thought I would submit a pic of one here.
I want to say it was more than great to see Joe Fox again and just be home in the southern calif air



And when that happened was the trucker naked?



ok, couldnt resist on that one LOL