Ron Spitz
#1Last week I had the pleasure of meeting Dorson and going through the Territorial Prison.
I was quite surprised as to the amount of preservation and reconstruction that has been done since the prison has had many year of neglect and vandalism.
In the museum there were many padlocks which were used and as far as handcuffs, a nice set of three link Marlin Bottlenecks, a set of Tower Legirons marked Y CO (Yuma County)and several older Indian Darby legirons (the ones well made of good steel years ago) and one ball and chain with a small padlock on the end of the chain.
Here are some pictures of the cells and the ball. I recommend the book by John Mason Jeffrey "Adobe and Iron" for a good commentary on the history of the area and the construction of the Prison.
Ron
I was quite surprised as to the amount of preservation and reconstruction that has been done since the prison has had many year of neglect and vandalism.
In the museum there were many padlocks which were used and as far as handcuffs, a nice set of three link Marlin Bottlenecks, a set of Tower Legirons marked Y CO (Yuma County)and several older Indian Darby legirons (the ones well made of good steel years ago) and one ball and chain with a small padlock on the end of the chain.
Here are some pictures of the cells and the ball. I recommend the book by John Mason Jeffrey "Adobe and Iron" for a good commentary on the history of the area and the construction of the Prison.
Ron
