OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

RKO 589

6 visible archived posts · 6 preserved total · topic ID 3819
Original topic ↗Recovered images
John Cox 22 Nov 2010
#1
Hey gang,

I've held off flogging my new Houdini blog over here until I felt I had something worthy to share. Today I think I have just that.

Recently I had the extreme pleasure of traveling to the Warner Bros. Corporate Archive to examine the long forgotten file on what could very well be Hollywood's first attempt to make a movie based on the life of Harry Houdini. It's certainly the earliest that I'm aware. What I found is pretty darn interesting (I think).

I've just posted Part I: "Paul Muni would make an ideal Houdini."
http://www.wildabouthoudini.com/2010/11 ... -make.html

Have a look if you like.

Thanks!
John Cox 22 Nov 2010
#2
Oh, and please feel free to comment on the article if you like. I love the feedback. You don't need to register or put in an email address or anything. I've even turned off the CAPTCHA (I can never make those darn things out).
John Cox 24 Nov 2010
#3
Hey gang,

I've held off flogging my new Houdini blog over here until I felt I had something worthy to share. Today I think I have just that.

Recently I had the extreme pleasure of traveling to the Warner Bros. Corporate Archive to examine the long forgotten file on what could very well be Hollywood's first attempt to make a movie based on the life of Harry Houdini. It's certainly the earliest that I'm aware. What I found is pretty darn interesting (I think).

I've just posted Part I: "Paul Muni would make an ideal Houdini."
http://www.wildabouthoudini.com/2010/11 ... -make.html

Have a look if you like.

Thanks!
Click to expand...
Hy gang. I just posted Part II: "The waters are dark for Pinetti"

http://www.wildabouthoudini.com/2010/11 ... -film.html

Some more good stuff here. Hope you all enjoy.
John Cox 24 Nov 2010
#4
Hey gang,

I've held off flogging my new Houdini blog over here until I felt I had something worthy to share. Today I think I have just that.

Recently I had the extreme pleasure of traveling to the Warner Bros. Corporate Archive to examine the long forgotten file on what could very well be Hollywood's first attempt to make a movie based on the life of Harry Houdini. It's certainly the earliest that I'm aware. What I found is pretty darn interesting (I think).

I've just posted Part I: "Paul Muni would make an ideal Houdini."
http://www.wildabouthoudini.com/2010/11 ... -make.html

Have a look if you like.

Thanks!
Click to expand...
Hy gang. I just posted Part II: "The waters are dark for Pinetti"

http://www.wildabouthoudini.com/2010/11 ... -film.html

Some more good stuff here. Hope you all enjoy.
John Cox 24 Nov 2010
#5
Hey gang,

I've held off flogging my new Houdini blog over here until I felt I had something worthy to share. Today I think I have just that.

Recently I had the extreme pleasure of traveling to the Warner Bros. Corporate Archive to examine the long forgotten file on what could very well be Hollywood's first attempt to make a movie based on the life of Harry Houdini. It's certainly the earliest that I'm aware. What I found is pretty darn interesting (I think).

I've just posted Part I: "Paul Muni would make an ideal Houdini."
http://www.wildabouthoudini.com/2010/11 ... -make.html

Have a look if you like.

Thanks!
Click to expand...
Sorry for double post. Not sure how that happened.
John Cox 01 Feb 2011
#6
Hey gang,

I've held off flogging my new Houdini blog over here until I felt I had something worthy to share. Today I think I have just that.

Recently I had the extreme pleasure of traveling to the Warner Bros. Corporate Archive to examine the long forgotten file on what could very well be Hollywood's first attempt to make a movie based on the life of Harry Houdini. It's certainly the earliest that I'm aware. What I found is pretty darn interesting (I think).

I've just posted Part I: "Paul Muni would make an ideal Houdini."
http://www.wildabouthoudini.com/2010/11 ... -make.html

Have a look if you like.

Thanks!
Click to expand...
A somewhat expanded version of my article is published in this month's MAGIC Magazine. Just FYI.

http://www.wildabouthoudini.com/2011/02 ... o-589.html