OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Italian Police Padlocks

3 visible archived posts · 3 preserved total · topic ID 4068
Original topic ↗Recovered images
PaulJDavies 23 May 2011
#1



Can anyone confirm that these padlocks were the type used on Italian Bagno cuffs. I know they were used on Italian Chain cuffs and the key seems to be the type used on Italian handcuffs - the double bit key. It would make sense to use the same keys for all 3 type of restraints.
The only pictures I have of Bagnos in use were here on the Forum and I think they are using standard padlocks. Maybe they were more secure. Here are those pictures again.

Paul Davies


holstcollection 23 May 2011
#2


Hi Paul,

The keys for the padlock and WWII handcuffs look very similar but they are not interchangable. The
handcuff key has a smaller tube and much smaller bits. I just can't tell if the padlocks were used on
the Bagno cuff, I guess they used any padlock that fit in the holes.

Cheers,

Lars
grenchat 27 May 2011
#3



Can anyone confirm that these padlocks were the type used on Italian Bagno cuffs. I know they were used on Italian Chain cuffs and the key seems to be the type used on Italian handcuffs - the double bit key. It would make sense to use the same keys for all 3 type of restraints.
The only pictures I have of Bagnos in use were here on the Forum and I think they are using standard padlocks. Maybe they were more secure. Here are those pictures again.

Paul Davies


Click to expand...
Thanks for posting this photo.

I like the way these Mafiosos have their arms locked in those Bagnos in crisscross fashion. This is the position prescribed by the late Captain Ed Bean for proper application of the Bean Giant handcuffs in his treatise, "Hints and Tips For Police Officers".


Badda bing... Bagno Bean...