OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Mattatuck Handcuffs For Sale

10 visible archived posts · 10 preserved total · topic ID 4072
Original topic ↗Recovered images
The Amazing Michael 25 May 2011
#1
Hi, I am updating some of the cuffs in my collection and selling some doubles. I have a pair of Antique Mattatuck Handcuffs (Circa~1920's) made in Waterbury Conn. USA. These cuffs are in full working order (single lock AND double lock both work perfectly) and comes with a beautiful working key! They have about 60% of the original plating left on them. This is a very unique handcuff.....if you don't know how they operate, check out this video I made a few years ago on the function of these ingenious handcuffs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56oQzYgJCgk









I am asking $150.00 (USD) for these cuffs plus $5.00 shipping to US buyers, $7.50 to Canada, and $10.00 to anywhere else in the world that I ship to. I do not ship to Hong Kong, Thailand, or any part of Africa. Sorry.

I am taking Paypal only for this item (it's just plain and simply easier). You can contact me at mindhunter42 @ hotmail.com if interested. Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Mike D~C/



Anonymous 25 May 2011
#2
What are you insane, There is a pair on Ebay that are in better condition and fully working although without a key for only $80. Way to overprice your fellow collectors.
Anonymous 25 May 2011
#3
Hi, I am updating some of the cuffs in my collection and selling some doubles. I have a pair of Antique Mattatuck Handcuffs (Circa~1920's) made in Waterbury Conn. USA. These cuffs are in full working order (single lock AND double lock both work perfectly) and comes with a beautiful working key! They have about 60% of the original plating left on them. This is a very unique handcuff.....if you don't know how they operate, check out this video I made a few years ago on the function of these ingenious handcuffs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56oQzYgJCgk









I am asking $150.00 (USD) for these cuffs plus $5.00 shipping to US buyers, $7.50 to Canada, and $10.00 to anywhere else in the world that I ship to. I do not ship to Hong Kong, Thailand, or any part of Africa. Sorry.

I am taking Paypal only for this item (it's just plain and simply easier). You can contact me at mindhunter42 @ hotmail.com if interested. Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Mike D~C/


Click to expand...
In fact here is the Ebay item #200612473465
Anonymous 25 May 2011
#4
Hi, I am updating some of the cuffs in my collection and selling some doubles. I have a pair of Antique Mattatuck Handcuffs (Circa~1920's) made in Waterbury Conn. USA. These cuffs are in full working order (single lock AND double lock both work perfectly) and comes with a beautiful working key! They have about 60% of the original plating left on them. This is a very unique handcuff.....if you don't know how they operate, check out this video I made a few years ago on the function of these ingenious handcuffs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56oQzYgJCgk









I am asking $150.00 (USD) for these cuffs plus $5.00 shipping to US buyers, $7.50 to Canada, and $10.00 to anywhere else in the world that I ship to. I do not ship to Hong Kong, Thailand, or any part of Africa. Sorry.

I am taking Paypal only for this item (it's just plain and simply easier). You can contact me at mindhunter42 @ hotmail.com if interested. Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Mike D~C/


Click to expand...
The above cuff (eBay) is actually less than $80 because the seller is entertaining "Make an offer" deals. This cuff can probably be bought at $70-75 which is half the price of the 1st offering.
The eBay cuff is in much nicer condition too!
The Amazing Michael 25 May 2011
#5
Hi, I am updating some of the cuffs in my collection and selling some doubles. I have a pair of Antique Mattatuck Handcuffs (Circa~1920's) made in Waterbury Conn. USA. These cuffs are in full working order (single lock AND double lock both work perfectly) and comes with a beautiful working key! They have about 60% of the original plating left on them. This is a very unique handcuff.....if you don't know how they operate, check out this video I made a few years ago on the function of these ingenious handcuffs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56oQzYgJCgk









I am asking $150.00 (USD) for these cuffs plus $5.00 shipping to US buyers, $7.50 to Canada, and $10.00 to anywhere else in the world that I ship to. I do not ship to Hong Kong, Thailand, or any part of Africa. Sorry.

I am taking Paypal only for this item (it's just plain and simply easier). You can contact me at mindhunter42 @ hotmail.com if interested. Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Mike D~C/


Click to expand...
So buy them. I hardly ever see them with keys in working condition (BTW, eBay sellers will not tell you the whole story, even when there is a key....they are always in "working condition" even when they are not, I bought a Chubb Detainer in "perfect working condition" for $235.00 that had one side that wouldn't open....lesson learned). I just had a guy bring me a pair of Mattatucks he bought on eBay to make a key for him. Turns out the bows were bent up pretty bad (couldn't see that until they were unlocked and I tried to open them), the springs were nearly shot, and one of the latches wouldn't unlock all the way.....junk. He paid for the cuffs, paid for shipping, paid for my services....money well spent. Come to think of it, this might be the same pair I made a key for on eBay. LOL!

Thanks for your input, jackass.

Cheers, Mike D~C/
The Amazing Michael 25 May 2011
#6
Hi, I am updating some of the cuffs in my collection and selling some doubles. I have a pair of Antique Mattatuck Handcuffs (Circa~1920's) made in Waterbury Conn. USA. These cuffs are in full working order (single lock AND double lock both work perfectly) and comes with a beautiful working key! They have about 60% of the original plating left on them. This is a very unique handcuff.....if you don't know how they operate, check out this video I made a few years ago on the function of these ingenious handcuffs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56oQzYgJCgk









I am asking $150.00 (USD) for these cuffs plus $5.00 shipping to US buyers, $7.50 to Canada, and $10.00 to anywhere else in the world that I ship to. I do not ship to Hong Kong, Thailand, or any part of Africa. Sorry.

I am taking Paypal only for this item (it's just plain and simply easier). You can contact me at mindhunter42 @ hotmail.com if interested. Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Mike D~C/


Click to expand...
Just seen these cuffs you mentioned.....if you want me wire wheel the living shit out of mine and try to polish them afterward, like the ones on eBay, I will. LOL!

Also, didn't catch that "no key" part in your earlier post....no key = more money and the key might not work as several Cannon keys have not. You should buy the eBay cuffs......I will make you a key for them for $30. plus $1.00 shipping to the US, $2.50 for Canada, and $4.00 worldwide. =)

Cheers, Mike D~C/
Anonymous 25 May 2011
#7
Hi, I am updating some of the cuffs in my collection and selling some doubles. I have a pair of Antique Mattatuck Handcuffs (Circa~1920's) made in Waterbury Conn. USA. These cuffs are in full working order (single lock AND double lock both work perfectly) and comes with a beautiful working key! They have about 60% of the original plating left on them. This is a very unique handcuff.....if you don't know how they operate, check out this video I made a few years ago on the function of these ingenious handcuffs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56oQzYgJCgk









I am asking $150.00 (USD) for these cuffs plus $5.00 shipping to US buyers, $7.50 to Canada, and $10.00 to anywhere else in the world that I ship to. I do not ship to Hong Kong, Thailand, or any part of Africa. Sorry.

I am taking Paypal only for this item (it's just plain and simply easier). You can contact me at mindhunter42 @ hotmail.com if interested. Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Mike D~C/


Click to expand...
Amazing Michael, Your an ASS. Don't be made you are over pricing and someone called you on the carpet. By the way $30 to make a key.... nice! another rip off price from you.
The Amazing Michael 25 May 2011
#8
Hi, I am updating some of the cuffs in my collection and selling some doubles. I have a pair of Antique Mattatuck Handcuffs (Circa~1920's) made in Waterbury Conn. USA. These cuffs are in full working order (single lock AND double lock both work perfectly) and comes with a beautiful working key! They have about 60% of the original plating left on them. This is a very unique handcuff.....if you don't know how they operate, check out this video I made a few years ago on the function of these ingenious handcuffs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56oQzYgJCgk









I am asking $150.00 (USD) for these cuffs plus $5.00 shipping to US buyers, $7.50 to Canada, and $10.00 to anywhere else in the world that I ship to. I do not ship to Hong Kong, Thailand, or any part of Africa. Sorry.

I am taking Paypal only for this item (it's just plain and simply easier). You can contact me at mindhunter42 @ hotmail.com if interested. Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Mike D~C/


Click to expand...
These cuffs have been sold.....for asking price.

BTW, the other cuffs on eBay were gone in a hot second too.....I guess Mattatucks are a little more sought after than you thought anon-troll. However, if you want to see something unbelieveable, check out erestraint.com and look in their "antique handcuffs" section. There is a pair of Mattatucks for sale that appear to be damaged for $450.00 plus shipping. Not to mention all the other people who ask WAY too much for their stuff....we all know who they are so I will not mention any names.

Also, $30.00 for the key is the "wise-ass" price, it is a little cheaper for those with balls enough to post their name. =)

Cheers, Mike D~C/
Joshua 25 May 2011
#9
Hi, I am updating some of the cuffs in my collection and selling some doubles. I have a pair of Antique Mattatuck Handcuffs (Circa~1920's) made in Waterbury Conn. USA. These cuffs are in full working order (single lock AND double lock both work perfectly) and comes with a beautiful working key! They have about 60% of the original plating left on them. This is a very unique handcuff.....if you don't know how they operate, check out this video I made a few years ago on the function of these ingenious handcuffs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56oQzYgJCgk









I am asking $150.00 (USD) for these cuffs plus $5.00 shipping to US buyers, $7.50 to Canada, and $10.00 to anywhere else in the world that I ship to. I do not ship to Hong Kong, Thailand, or any part of Africa. Sorry.

I am taking Paypal only for this item (it's just plain and simply easier). You can contact me at mindhunter42 @ hotmail.com if interested. Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Mike D~C/


Click to expand...
So in Indy I bought a mint condition pair in box for $160...was that a good deal . The main issue here isn't that the asking price of $150 is too high...the issue is that the anon need not openly post his opinions where they are not wanted. If you have no intentions of buying then there is no reason to interject publicly. I hope every Mattatuck sells for $500, that way mine is worth that much more. I'd rather buy on this sight rather than Ebay so please don't make it a hassle for people to post there items and/or prices. If you have something worth saying then e-mail the seller privately showing some courtesy.
The Amazing Michael 26 May 2011
#10
Hi, I am updating some of the cuffs in my collection and selling some doubles. I have a pair of Antique Mattatuck Handcuffs (Circa~1920's) made in Waterbury Conn. USA. These cuffs are in full working order (single lock AND double lock both work perfectly) and comes with a beautiful working key! They have about 60% of the original plating left on them. This is a very unique handcuff.....if you don't know how they operate, check out this video I made a few years ago on the function of these ingenious handcuffs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56oQzYgJCgk









I am asking $150.00 (USD) for these cuffs plus $5.00 shipping to US buyers, $7.50 to Canada, and $10.00 to anywhere else in the world that I ship to. I do not ship to Hong Kong, Thailand, or any part of Africa. Sorry.

I am taking Paypal only for this item (it's just plain and simply easier). You can contact me at mindhunter42 @ hotmail.com if interested. Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Mike D~C/


Click to expand...
Joshua.....you are a good friend and a very level headed guy, thank you for being the voice of reason here.

BTW, here is a link to the e-restraint cuffs I mentioned earlier:

http://erestraint.com/Merchant2/merchan ... ry_Code=JP

The price has been reduced since I visited their site last.....they only want $350.00 plus shipping for them now. There is a better photo of them now too....the last photo made them appear to have a hole in the lock case....although, it could still be there on the other side of the cuffs. They only have one photo, unlike mine which shows both sides and in both the open and closed positions.

I might buy it since the wire wheeled one eBay went so quick. =)


Cheers, Mike D~C/