OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

European convention 2012

9 visible archived posts · 9 preserved total · topic ID 4119
Original topic ↗Recovered images
handboeienfreak 18 Jun 2011
#1
Hi

I want to know if there is any interest in a european convention in 2012

the second question would be at what month is the best to organise that

in 2012 i would organise the convention in the Netherlands i know some nice locations

and want to do some nice trips to police museum or other things you want to see

let me know what you think

best

patrick
Mark Lyons 18 Jun 2011
#2
Let me be the first to say that I am in!
Patrick, I can't say enough of the hospitality you extended to me on the last trip.
You and your family were very gracious to me and I had such a great time.
Holland is such a beautiful country (well, part of a beautiful country) and even though October was very nice, I think the springtime will show off your land the most.
I vote for next spring, but am happy with any time that makes it easy for you.
The hotel that I stayed at was perfect. I hope I can go back there again.
Thanks for planning this convention!

mark
O--O
Chris Gower 18 Jun 2011
#3
Hi

I want to know if there is any interest in a european convention in 2012

the second question would be at what month is the best to organise that

in 2012 i would organise the convention in the Netherlands i know some nice locations

and want to do some nice trips to police museum or other things you want to see

let me know what you think

best

patrick
Click to expand...
Would be great if you can arrange it for next year, will definately be attending. I think April/May would be a good time.

Chris Gower
CuffmanBelgium 18 Jun 2011
#4
Hi

I want to know if there is any interest in a european convention in 2012

the second question would be at what month is the best to organise that

in 2012 i would organise the convention in the Netherlands i know some nice locations

and want to do some nice trips to police museum or other things you want to see

let me know what you think

best

patrick
Click to expand...
I'll be there.

Peter
Atame 18 Jun 2011
#5
Hi

I want to know if there is any interest in a european convention in 2012

the second question would be at what month is the best to organise that

in 2012 i would organise the convention in the Netherlands i know some nice locations

and want to do some nice trips to police museum or other things you want to see

let me know what you think

best

patrick
Click to expand...
Yeah, the Euro-Con has always been lot's of fun.

I would prefer September, cause in May, Cuffsland will be at the Boundcon.

Best regards,
Guenter
Tom Gross 19 Jun 2011
#6
Hi

I want to know if there is any interest in a european convention in 2012

the second question would be at what month is the best to organise that

in 2012 i would organise the convention in the Netherlands i know some nice locations

and want to do some nice trips to police museum or other things you want to see

let me know what you think

best

patrick
Click to expand...
I would like to suggest the weekends of March 17-18 or March 24-25, for purely selfish reasons which might also apply to other non-Europeans.

Travel costs from America play such a large part in any European trip that I like to double-up on events, which I have been able to do in the past. Scheduling the new European Handcuff Convention on either of the above weekends would enable visitors to also conveniently visit either the Maastricht Fine Arts Fair or the IWA, in Nuremberg, Germany.

The Maastricht Fine Arts Fair justifiably bills itself as the world's leading art and antiques fair. Here is the web site, for those wishing to take a look;

http://www.tefaf.com/

The IWA is a gigantic outdoor sports show. Although there are plenty of handcuffs there, in the Law Enforcement section, for the most part, "outdoor sports" translates as "guns and knives".

Patrick, there is another event in The Netherlands which might interest any attendees of the new European Handcuff Convention. It is called LockCon and is basically a convention of lock pickers. It is sponsored by an organization called Toool, The Open Organization of Lockpickers. Here is the web site:

http://toool.nl/

LockCon is held in a small town in the north named Sneek. Maybe you know about this event. I planned on going, a few years ago, but that trip just never came together. I don't know when the next convention is planned. All the information on the LockCon web site is obsolete. Hopefully the convention is still being held.

Thanks very much for your efforts in trying to put this together. And thanks to Peter for doing such a magnificent job in prior years.

Best wishes,

Tom Gross
Mark Lyons 19 Jun 2011
#7
Hi

I want to know if there is any interest in a european convention in 2012

the second question would be at what month is the best to organise that

in 2012 i would organise the convention in the Netherlands i know some nice locations

and want to do some nice trips to police museum or other things you want to see

let me know what you think

best

patrick
Click to expand...


Patrick, Have you seen this place or heard of it?
Is is close to where you hope to have the convention?
This looks very intriguing and resembles Bruges in Belgium.
Hopefully, they preserved the area and is worthy of a side trip.(and a good place to buy a La Pegy with round keyhole!)

mark
O--O
handboeienfreak 19 Jun 2011
#8
Hi

I want to know if there is any interest in a european convention in 2012

the second question would be at what month is the best to organise that

in 2012 i would organise the convention in the Netherlands i know some nice locations

and want to do some nice trips to police museum or other things you want to see

let me know what you think

best

patrick
Click to expand...
hi mark

dordrecht is nearby my hometown
and dordrecht is the place where the dutch lips handcuffs where born
ilike this place and be there sometimes


best

patrick
Mark Lyons 22 Jun 2011
#9
Hi

I want to know if there is any interest in a european convention in 2012

the second question would be at what month is the best to organise that

in 2012 i would organise the convention in the Netherlands i know some nice locations

and want to do some nice trips to police museum or other things you want to see

let me know what you think

best

patrick
Click to expand...
Dordrecht has another new/old tourist attraction:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43492787/ ... ?GT1=43001



mark
O--O