OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

I got this really cool handcuff key....

21 visible archived posts Β· 21 preserved total Β· topic ID 4226
Original topic β†—Recovered images
Blackburn 03 Aug 2011
#1
and i am looking for information on it. I was told it was a key from American Handcuff Co, but that's all i got to go on. It looks really cool whatever it is.

Anonymous 04 Aug 2011
#2
VERY COOL!
tim71 04 Aug 2011
#3
and i am looking for information on it. I was told it was a key from American Handcuff Co, but that's all i got to go on. It looks really cool whatever it is.

Justin,

I still say that is a cool piece that looks like a back-up weapon.

Tim
Joseph Fox 04 Aug 2011
#4
and i am looking for information on it. I was told it was a key from American Handcuff Co, but that's all i got to go on. It looks really cool whatever it is.

Hi--

Yes, you have an "American Handcuff Company" universal key.

Model #LH-32 "TWISTER KEY"


It was advertised (with photo) in their catalog flyers.
Blackburn 04 Aug 2011
#5
and i am looking for information on it. I was told it was a key from American Handcuff Co, but that's all i got to go on. It looks really cool whatever it is.

Joe, Thank you so much for that info. Do you have any info on the price of that key in the flyer? Would it be possible to post a pic?
lauher 04 Aug 2011
#6
and i am looking for information on it. I was told it was a key from American Handcuff Co, but that's all i got to go on. It looks really cool whatever it is.

From Joe Fox

Blackburn 04 Aug 2011
#7
and i am looking for information on it. I was told it was a key from American Handcuff Co, but that's all i got to go on. It looks really cool whatever it is.

Thanks alot. I appreciate it.
Mark Lyons 05 Aug 2011
#8
and i am looking for information on it. I was told it was a key from American Handcuff Co, but that's all i got to go on. It looks really cool whatever it is.

So, I went to court the other day, and the court services deputy saw my handcuff key when I put all my stuff through the metal detector.
They gave me a choice of either putting it in my car or losing it.
As I was parked far away and in a discussion with my expensive lawyer, I had to lose it.
Glad I did not have one of these Twister keys on my ring.

mark
O--0
tim71 05 Aug 2011
#9
and i am looking for information on it. I was told it was a key from American Handcuff Co, but that's all i got to go on. It looks really cool whatever it is.

Mark,

Wow, one person has the right to just confiscate another person's property without any chance of getting it back. At least they're cheap but just the idea of it.

Justin, glad you found out the story on that key. It's a neat one.

Tim
grenchat 05 Aug 2011
#10
and i am looking for information on it. I was told it was a key from American Handcuff Co, but that's all i got to go on. It looks really cool whatever it is.

I own a plethora of fancy handcuff keys, including the 2 LED Streamlight, though only carry a standard Peerless key with my house keys and my new Photon Rex. The last time I had to perform my jury duty, I forgot that the handcuff key was on my ring, which had been placed in the little tray along with my coins and metallic objects. Since I was still a cigarette smoker at the time (have since kicked the habit), I was also forced to place my smokes (due to the foil) and my lighter along with everything else in the little tray to be handled roughly by under or overpaid court guards. Fortunately, my key went undetected every time I had to enter the building. My automobile transmitter key is kept on a separate key ring linked by a quick release coupler for service events, so, based on Mark's experience, I will remember to lock my house keys in my car the next time I'm called for civic duty.


While I'm not a big fan of AHC cuffs due to their "spun rivet construction," that key is a stainless steel work of art!


Mark lyons 05 Aug 2011
#11
and i am looking for information on it. I was told it was a key from American Handcuff Co, but that's all i got to go on. It looks really cool whatever it is.

Jason,

Keep up the good work on the non-smoking issue!
I understand that it a tough vice to give up.
Spend your money on handcuffs!

mark
O--O
grenchat 05 Aug 2011
#12
and i am looking for information on it. I was told it was a key from American Handcuff Co, but that's all i got to go on. It looks really cool whatever it is.

Thanks, Mark!

I probably could have purchased the Hardeen collection for what I spent on cigarettes over the years. My friends that still smoke are spending close to $9 per pack in NY State these days!

It was indeed difficult to quit, especially in the first two weeks. Growing up, almost everyone I knew smoked, including my school teachers. Being young, impressionable and naΓ―ve, I think that we grossly underestimated the effects of physical addiction. I'm just happy to have gotten out alive!

Regards,
Jason




Mark Lyons 06 Aug 2011
#13
and i am looking for information on it. I was told it was a key from American Handcuff Co, but that's all i got to go on. It looks really cool whatever it is.

$9?
That is crazy!
I don't have any idea what it cost here in California. I know they tax the hell out of them here and would not be surprised if it is that much here.
I remember about a year ago, I bought a handcuff on ebay and they stated "from a smoke free home". They very second I opened the box, I could smell the nicotine on them. I am slightly allergic to smoke or react with an elevated sensitivity to it. By the time I finished making a key for the cuffs, I was pretty queasy.
When I visited Europe, I was surprised how much smoking goes on over there.
Vegas is pretty smokey too. I can only stay in the casinos for a short time before I have to outside and catch my breath.
Not a good thing especially if one does underwater straitjacket escapes!


mark
O--O
tim71 06 Aug 2011
#14
and i am looking for information on it. I was told it was a key from American Handcuff Co, but that's all i got to go on. It looks really cool whatever it is.

Mark,

These little rural towns around me are crammed with smokers as well. It's like an epidemic around me.

Tim
grenchat 06 Aug 2011
#15
and i am looking for information on it. I was told it was a key from American Handcuff Co, but that's all i got to go on. It looks really cool whatever it is.

We're also now being charged $6.50 each way to drive over our local bridges. That has to be the highest toll rate in the country. No one can satisfactorily explain where all that money goes; our roads are a shambles. When I lived in rural America, we paid a 75 cents bridge toll one way, and our roads were very well maintained.


Check out this oversized brass and heat treated stainless steel key. This key would also be suitable for a corrections environment as there is no swivel on the end.
Jack.Tanis 06 Aug 2011
#16
and i am looking for information on it. I was told it was a key from American Handcuff Co, but that's all i got to go on. It looks really cool whatever it is.

Dear Mark and Jason,

Here is the current state-bye-state cost of a single pack of cigarettes.

http://www.theawl.com/2011/06/what-a-pa ... e-by-state

These are state prices only; i.e., they don't include county or city taxes. A pack of cigarettes in New York City, for instance, now costs $15.00 -- that's for a pack, not for a carton!

I was fortunate to be able to quit a couple of years ago. Jason, to my incredible surprise, it was far easier than I anticipated. Still, it was hard. I quit cold turkey -- with no offence to turkeys, whom I do not eat.

I had been cutting down. About to light up, I said to myself, "Either smoke or don't smoke. 'Cutting down' is a tedious joke." I then said to myself, "F**k it. I quit." And I did. Oddly, I don't miss it at all and seldom think about it.

Last year I gave up coffee. I got tired of the dental staining, which, ironically, is why I switched from tea to coffee many years ago. I don't miss my caffeine, either. At this rate, I'll be vice-free and healthy when I kick off.

Cheers,

Jack
http://www.editing.org.uk/tanis/collectibles.htm
Mark Lyons 07 Aug 2011
#17
and i am looking for information on it. I was told it was a key from American Handcuff Co, but that's all i got to go on. It looks really cool whatever it is.

Wow,
California is the cheapest among 45 states. At least, from the gas station attendant poll.
I would have figured that it would be among the highest not unlike our gasoline.
I does make sense to be in top physical form so you can have the energy, when your time is up, to kick the bucket!

mark
O--O
Atlanta*Casting 07 Aug 2011
#18
and i am looking for information on it. I was told it was a key from American Handcuff Co, but that's all i got to go on. It looks really cool whatever it is.

A pack of Marlboro reds costed .50 cents a pack when I stopped smoking in 1984 ... ( I thought that price was outrageous ) cold turkey is the only way to go in my opinion . I did love to smoke cigarettes but it was killing me ... good luck to all who desire to be free from this addiction .
Edgeplay_Cgo 07 Aug 2011
#19
and i am looking for information on it. I was told it was a key from American Handcuff Co, but that's all i got to go on. It looks really cool whatever it is.

A pack of cigarettes in New York City, for instance, now costs $15.00

It's cheaper to smoke dope!

grenchat 07 Aug 2011
#20
and i am looking for information on it. I was told it was a key from American Handcuff Co, but that's all i got to go on. It looks really cool whatever it is.

Jack:

Congratulations on 2 smoke-free years! I've allowed myself the coffee indulgence for the time being because it seems to help me exercise a bit longer, and I want to look my best in my casket - LOL!

Mark:

Since quitting, my olfactory senses have been heightened, and while not hyper-sensitive to smoke, I would much prefer not to breath someone else's. Here on the east coast, I've taken note of more numerous and larger non-smoking zones in our casinos. Heck, the mayor of NYC even banned smoking on all city beaches and in all recreational parks.

Atlanta*Casting:

1984 seems like a former life about now! Hopefully your lungs have long regained a healthy pink hue.


"A pack of cigarettes in New York City, for instance, now costs $15.00"

"It's cheaper to smoke dope!"

Or purchase 3 gallons on premium grade gasoline and a Happy Meal!


Pad-Lock 06 Mar 2017
#21
and i am looking for information on it. I was told it was a key from American Handcuff Co, but that's all i got to go on. It looks really cool whatever it is.

Anyone looking to get one of these Cool looking keys, handcuffwarehouse.com now has them in Stock.
there's is a little bit smaller, but it looks great. Machined from solid stainless steel. Polished finish, 3 inches long.
tested it, with several model cuffs. ASP, Peerless, Smith & Wesson, Hiatt.. Should work with most standard cuffs.

If you were not able to get one, from American Handcuff Co. when they were making them. Now your chance, to get one..

handcuffwarehouse.com/Twister-Handcuff-Key.html

John A.