OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Polishing stainless

10 visible archived posts · 10 preserved total · topic ID 4268
Original topic ↗Recovered images
Blackburn 20 Aug 2011
#1
I recently got a pair of Ian's batcuffs. I would like to polish them to even out the finish(see in the photo how the edges are shinier). What do you guys recommend? I have zero experience with stainless and need the easiest way.

dltvette 20 Aug 2011
#2
Justin,
I have a pair of S&W Model 936 Stainless Steel Polished cuffs that have areas of darker spots. I have tried stainless steel polish which did not phase it. I was told car wax or furniture polish with lemon would polish it, but neither one made any changes. So far I have not found anything that made them consistant.
Dave
Howy 21 Aug 2011
#3
I recently got a pair of Ian's batcuffs. I would like to polish them to even out the finish(see in the photo how the edges are shinier). What do you guys recommend? I have zero experience with stainless and need the easiest way.

Click to expand...
Ask Ian.

I might try automotive wheel polish.

Howy
Cincy
AdAm 21 Aug 2011
#4
I recently got a pair of Ian's batcuffs. I would like to polish them to even out the finish(see in the photo how the edges are shinier). What do you guys recommend? I have zero experience with stainless and need the easiest way.

Click to expand...
Try Flitz polish. I haven't used it on stainless but have on many other cuffs and the difference is amazing. It says it works on stainless steel.
Tim 21 Aug 2011
#5
I recently got a pair of Ian's batcuffs. I would like to polish them to even out the finish(see in the photo how the edges are shinier). What do you guys recommend? I have zero experience with stainless and need the easiest way.

Click to expand...
Where do you buy this? The polish I mean.
Anonymous 21 Aug 2011
#6
I recently got a pair of Ian's batcuffs. I would like to polish them to even out the finish(see in the photo how the edges are shinier). What do you guys recommend? I have zero experience with stainless and need the easiest way.

Click to expand...
Are you looking for a high polish as in mirror finish or do you want a grained finished? Depending on what you want will dictate how to get the finish you want.
Blackburn 21 Aug 2011
#7
I recently got a pair of Ian's batcuffs. I would like to polish them to even out the finish(see in the photo how the edges are shinier). What do you guys recommend? I have zero experience with stainless and need the easiest way.

Click to expand...
I'm not looking for a mirror finish. I assume that would be much harder to achieve. I want get a nice even finish across the cuffs as i plan on framing them. I don't particularly want the grain either. I like the way the edges look and want to project that across the rest of the cuffs.
Jack 21 Aug 2011
#8
I recently got a pair of Ian's batcuffs. I would like to polish them to even out the finish(see in the photo how the edges are shinier). What do you guys recommend? I have zero experience with stainless and need the easiest way.

Click to expand...
http://www.flitz.com/p-21-stainless-steel-polish.aspx
AdAm 21 Aug 2011
#9
I recently got a pair of Ian's batcuffs. I would like to polish them to even out the finish(see in the photo how the edges are shinier). What do you guys recommend? I have zero experience with stainless and need the easiest way.

Click to expand...
You can buy it at your local hardware store for around 5 bucks.
Blackburn 21 Aug 2011
#10
I recently got a pair of Ian's batcuffs. I would like to polish them to even out the finish(see in the photo how the edges are shinier). What do you guys recommend? I have zero experience with stainless and need the easiest way.

Click to expand...
Well after some input, I think i'm gonna leave them alone. I'm sure they will look fine anyways. It's a beautiful cuff.

Thanks for all the replies.