OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Cumming Handcuff

6 visible archived posts · 6 preserved total · topic ID 4341
Original topic ↗Recovered images
Damon Shields 01 Oct 2011
#1
The Cumming handcuff is one of my favorites. I have two of them and there are some slight differences. The knurling near the release button is different as is the keyway. I suspect the finer crisscross pattern was first and the straight line was used later and was more economical. Does anyone have something different?

Thanks

Damon



lauher 01 Oct 2011
#2
Mine looks like you second one with the straight grooves.
Joe
Mark Lyons 01 Oct 2011
#3
The Cumming handcuff is one of my favorites. I have two of them and there are some slight differences. The knurling near the release button is different as is the keyway. I suspect the finer crisscross pattern was first and the straight line was used later and was more economical. Does anyone have something different?

Thanks

Damon



Click to expand...
Interesting

Do they weigh differently?
One looks larger than the other or is it just closer to the lens?


mark
O--O
LK 01 Oct 2011
#4
The Cumming handcuff is one of my favorites. I have two of them and there are some slight differences. The knurling near the release button is different as is the keyway. I suspect the finer crisscross pattern was first and the straight line was used later and was more economical. Does anyone have something different?

Thanks

Damon



Click to expand...
Does the crosshaired set have the July 4 ,1899 date?

LK D~D
Damon Shields 01 Oct 2011
#5
The Cumming handcuff is one of my favorites. I have two of them and there are some slight differences. The knurling near the release button is different as is the keyway. I suspect the finer crisscross pattern was first and the straight line was used later and was more economical. Does anyone have something different?

Thanks

Damon



Click to expand...
The weights are close. The patent dates are the same. The one with the criscross knurling is the heavier of the two. The bows are the same size as well.

Joshua 01 Oct 2011
#6
The Cumming handcuff is one of my favorites. I have two of them and there are some slight differences. The knurling near the release button is different as is the keyway. I suspect the finer crisscross pattern was first and the straight line was used later and was more economical. Does anyone have something different?

Thanks

Damon



Click to expand...
I think it's obvious...one is a Cummings Patrolman and the other is a Cummings Patrolman duh