OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Tower Lyon Thumbcuff For Sale!

8 visible archived posts · 8 preserved total · topic ID 4382
Original topic ↗Recovered images
cuffman3000 24 Oct 2011
#1
Hi everyone, I have a very nice Tower Lyon Thumbcuff (repro-McColl) for sale. I believe this hansom restraint is one of only about 15 or 16 that were made. I was told that the guy who made it, did it from a lost wax casting of an original Tower and Lyon. These cuffs are made of steel even though they look kind of like brass in the photo. I didn't much care for the keys that were supplied with it so I made my own. The key is fitted exactly to the lock with no slop and no binding when it is fully engaged. I stamped T&L on the bow of the key and I think it is a nice touch. The thumbcuffs work perfectly.

I am asking $500. USD (plus $6.00 US shipping or $12.00 worldwide) for this finely made, rare piece and I am firm on that price. No trades and no layaway please. I am not willing to do Paypal on this item unless the buyer is willing to pay an extra 5% of the total cost. Check or money order is preferred.....most take two business days to clear before I can ship with exception to US Postal money orders.





Serious inquiries can be sent to mindhunter42 @ hotmail.com. Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Mike D~C/
Unknown / guest 25 Oct 2011
#2
I have been informed that these were not cast from an original....it is a "lost wax investment cast from a brass master pattern".

Cheers, Mike D~C/
John Bushey 25 Oct 2011
#3
Hi everyone, I have a very nice Tower Lyon Thumbcuff (repro-McColl) for sale. I believe this hansom restraint is one of only about 15 or 16 that were made. I was told that the guy who made it, did it from a lost wax casting of an original Tower and Lyon. These cuffs are made of steel even though they look kind of like brass in the photo. I didn't much care for the keys that were supplied with it so I made my own. The key is fitted exactly to the lock with no slop and no binding when it is fully engaged. I stamped T&L on the bow of the key and I think it is a nice touch. The thumbcuffs work perfectly.

I am asking $500. USD (plus $6.00 US shipping or $12.00 worldwide) for this finely made, rare piece and I am firm on that price. No trades and no layaway please. I am not willing to do Paypal on this item unless the buyer is willing to pay an extra 5% of the total cost. Check or money order is preferred.....most take two business days to clear before I can ship with exception to US Postal money orders.





Serious inquiries can be sent to mindhunter42 @ hotmail.com. Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Mike D~C/
Click to expand...
HI fellow collectors,
If anyone needs a McColl Tower Lyon thumbcuff after Mike sells this one at $500,
I would be happy to obtain another one from Ian. I brought this one back from Australia
this past summer, and sold it to Mike. And while I agree it is well worth the $500,
I do know Ian charges more in the $300 range for them.

Best Wishes, John Bushey


Ian McColl 25 Oct 2011
#4
Hi everyone, I have a very nice Tower Lyon Thumbcuff (repro-McColl) for sale. I believe this hansom restraint is one of only about 15 or 16 that were made. I was told that the guy who made it, did it from a lost wax casting of an original Tower and Lyon. These cuffs are made of steel even though they look kind of like brass in the photo. I didn't much care for the keys that were supplied with it so I made my own. The key is fitted exactly to the lock with no slop and no binding when it is fully engaged. I stamped T&L on the bow of the key and I think it is a nice touch. The thumbcuffs work perfectly.

I am asking $500. USD (plus $6.00 US shipping or $12.00 worldwide) for this finely made, rare piece and I am firm on that price. No trades and no layaway please. I am not willing to do Paypal on this item unless the buyer is willing to pay an extra 5% of the total cost. Check or money order is preferred.....most take two business days to clear before I can ship with exception to US Postal money orders.





Serious inquiries can be sent to mindhunter42 @ hotmail.com. Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Mike D~C/
Click to expand...
Hi Michael, thanks for correcting your posting.

I remember when the Czar's gold cuff (from the 1998 Houdini movie) were sold and the seller said that the mould was broken and there would be no more. (there might be) I find it frustrating that incorrect information can sometimes be meant to mislead. Most of the time though it is from lack of knowledge as to the related item or subject.
Cheers

Ian
LK 25 Oct 2011
#5
Hi everyone, I have a very nice Tower Lyon Thumbcuff (repro-McColl) for sale. I believe this hansom restraint is one of only about 15 or 16 that were made. I was told that the guy who made it, did it from a lost wax casting of an original Tower and Lyon. These cuffs are made of steel even though they look kind of like brass in the photo. I didn't much care for the keys that were supplied with it so I made my own. The key is fitted exactly to the lock with no slop and no binding when it is fully engaged. I stamped T&L on the bow of the key and I think it is a nice touch. The thumbcuffs work perfectly.

I am asking $500. USD (plus $6.00 US shipping or $12.00 worldwide) for this finely made, rare piece and I am firm on that price. No trades and no layaway please. I am not willing to do Paypal on this item unless the buyer is willing to pay an extra 5% of the total cost. Check or money order is preferred.....most take two business days to clear before I can ship with exception to US Postal money orders.





Serious inquiries can be sent to mindhunter42 @ hotmail.com. Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Mike D~C/
Click to expand...
Is there anyway of telling yours from an orginal !

LK D~D
Anonymous 25 Oct 2011
#6
Hi everyone, I have a very nice Tower Lyon Thumbcuff (repro-McColl) for sale. I believe this hansom restraint is one of only about 15 or 16 that were made. I was told that the guy who made it, did it from a lost wax casting of an original Tower and Lyon. These cuffs are made of steel even though they look kind of like brass in the photo. I didn't much care for the keys that were supplied with it so I made my own. The key is fitted exactly to the lock with no slop and no binding when it is fully engaged. I stamped T&L on the bow of the key and I think it is a nice touch. The thumbcuffs work perfectly.

I am asking $500. USD (plus $6.00 US shipping or $12.00 worldwide) for this finely made, rare piece and I am firm on that price. No trades and no layaway please. I am not willing to do Paypal on this item unless the buyer is willing to pay an extra 5% of the total cost. Check or money order is preferred.....most take two business days to clear before I can ship with exception to US Postal money orders.





Serious inquiries can be sent to mindhunter42 @ hotmail.com. Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Mike D~C/
Click to expand...
The price.
Anonymous 25 Oct 2011
#7
Hi everyone, I have a very nice Tower Lyon Thumbcuff (repro-McColl) for sale. I believe this hansom restraint is one of only about 15 or 16 that were made. I was told that the guy who made it, did it from a lost wax casting of an original Tower and Lyon. These cuffs are made of steel even though they look kind of like brass in the photo. I didn't much care for the keys that were supplied with it so I made my own. The key is fitted exactly to the lock with no slop and no binding when it is fully engaged. I stamped T&L on the bow of the key and I think it is a nice touch. The thumbcuffs work perfectly.

I am asking $500. USD (plus $6.00 US shipping or $12.00 worldwide) for this finely made, rare piece and I am firm on that price. No trades and no layaway please. I am not willing to do Paypal on this item unless the buyer is willing to pay an extra 5% of the total cost. Check or money order is preferred.....most take two business days to clear before I can ship with exception to US Postal money orders.





Serious inquiries can be sent to mindhunter42 @ hotmail.com. Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Mike D~C/
Click to expand...
The price.
Ian McColl 25 Oct 2011
#8
Hi everyone, I have a very nice Tower Lyon Thumbcuff (repro-McColl) for sale. I believe this hansom restraint is one of only about 15 or 16 that were made. I was told that the guy who made it, did it from a lost wax casting of an original Tower and Lyon. These cuffs are made of steel even though they look kind of like brass in the photo. I didn't much care for the keys that were supplied with it so I made my own. The key is fitted exactly to the lock with no slop and no binding when it is fully engaged. I stamped T&L on the bow of the key and I think it is a nice touch. The thumbcuffs work perfectly.

I am asking $500. USD (plus $6.00 US shipping or $12.00 worldwide) for this finely made, rare piece and I am firm on that price. No trades and no layaway please. I am not willing to do Paypal on this item unless the buyer is willing to pay an extra 5% of the total cost. Check or money order is preferred.....most take two business days to clear before I can ship with exception to US Postal money orders.





Serious inquiries can be sent to mindhunter42 @ hotmail.com. Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Mike D~C/
Click to expand...
Hi LK, if you had the two side by side, it would be easy. Best way to tell is that my lock case is made in two parts (seeam in the middle) and two integral rivets at the rear.

Ian