OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

What is the value and where is the best place to sell?

4 visible archived posts · 4 preserved total · topic ID 4420
Original topic ↗Recovered images
Paul 09 Nov 2011
#1
I have two sets of handcuffs and one come along. They have the keys, no broken parts and fully functional. I had them for over 30 years. The only information I found was the following.

I think this information is correct.

Printed on both cuffs, face cheeks:
THE PEERLESS HANDCUFF CO.
SPRINGFIELD MASS.
Printed in both cuff back cheeks:
MFGD. BY SMITH & WESSON.
Printed in both cuff front bow:
PAT. FEB. 20.1912.

Tower Double Lock, swivel version. Manufactured by Union Hardware in Torrington, Connecticut. They made these up until the 1930's
Paul 09 Nov 2011
#2




Paul Davies 10 Nov 2011
#3
I have two sets of handcuffs and one come along. They have the keys, no broken parts and fully functional. I had them for over 30 years. The only information I found was the following.

I think this information is correct.

Printed on both cuffs, face cheeks:
THE PEERLESS HANDCUFF CO.
SPRINGFIELD MASS.
Printed in both cuff back cheeks:
MFGD. BY SMITH & WESSON.
Printed in both cuff front bow:
PAT. FEB. 20.1912.

Tower Double Lock, swivel version. Manufactured by Union Hardware in Torrington, Connecticut. They made these up until the 1930's
Click to expand...
they are only worth what someone is prepared to pay at the time, but i would suggest that you put them on eBay.
You can also follow some of the auctions for the same cuffs which come up quite often.
Paul
Paul 05 Dec 2011
#4
I have two sets of handcuffs and one come along. They have the keys, no broken parts and fully functional. I had them for over 30 years. The only information I found was the following.

I think this information is correct.

Printed on both cuffs, face cheeks:
THE PEERLESS HANDCUFF CO.
SPRINGFIELD MASS.
Printed in both cuff back cheeks:
MFGD. BY SMITH & WESSON.
Printed in both cuff front bow:
PAT. FEB. 20.1912.

Tower Double Lock, swivel version. Manufactured by Union Hardware in Torrington, Connecticut. They made these up until the 1930's
Click to expand...
SOLD ON EBAY.I sold it for the Buy now price of $275 before the auction finished. I think I might have been able to sell it for more if i just left it as auction only as there was 2 day remaining and 13 bidders.

Thanks for the ebay advice.