OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Looking to Trade........

10 visible archived posts · 10 preserved total · topic ID 4546
Original topic ↗Recovered images
amazing010 30 Dec 2011
#1
Hi everyone! I hope all you boys and girls had a great Christmas and plan to have a joyous and safe New Year! Personally, I had a GREAT Christmas holiday......one of the best in a long time! In recent months, I have steered away from handcuff collecting and went back into playing my guitars and buying a few new ones. Guitars are just as addicting as handcuffs are to collect but most of the ones I like are pretty expensive and it can really tap your pocket book in a hurry.

I have been playing the guitar off and on since about 1983 and in 1984 I had a chance to buy a cream colored 1967 Gibson SG Jr. from a friend who needed desperately to make a car payment. It was only $100.00 but it might as well had been a million dollars.....I couldn't come up with the money. So, a mutual friend stepped in and bought it and did things to it that disturbs me to my core to speak of even to this day. He routered out the pick-up hole bigger to fit in a modern pick-up, routered a second hole up by the neck to add a second pick-up, routered out the bridge area to add a Washburn Wonderbar (whammy bar), sanded it down, and spray painted it black. For those of you not familiar with vintage guitars, value, hardware originality, and what not, it would be like taking a Stotz leg iron and stripping the old finish off of them, cutting the chain and replacing it with a motorcycle timing chain, and adding high-tech combinations locks in the cuffs themselves and spray painting them gold. It was pretty bad. So, needless to say, I have carried some regret throughout the years concerning that guitar and have been casually looking for one like it ever since. Photo below:



A few months ago, I offered a collector (who will remain nameless unless he chooses to reveal himself) to find one of these guitars for me, since he is very well connected with auctions and finds a lot of really neat items both handcuff and non-handcuff related at very good prices. My offer was to trade my Tower Single Lock 3-Way Handcuffs (in a museum quality display case), my Tower Double Lock Patent Stop Handcuffs, and my Tower Lyon repro Thumbcuffs for a guitar like the one in the above photo. The collector in question never bothered to answer my e-mail. Lucky for me, he didn't respond.......because I found one a couple of weeks ago and it arrived here at my home yesterday afternoon (I got it dirt cheap considering what it is worth). So, I still have all the above mentioned cuffs (photos below) and the guitar I have been searching for (photos at the bottom of the page). So, that leaves all three cuffs still up for trade.........





































I am putting two new trades out to all cuff collectors here on the board.

The first trade offer: I will trade my Tower Single Lock 3-Way Handcuffs (in museum quality display case) straight up for a mint condition-very good condition Gibson SG Supreme (in either Blue or Green.....no other colors please). The guitar must be repair free, have most of the original hardware (up-graded pick-up okay but not added whammy bar, ect.), must have a straight neck, be right handed, have a good case (does not have to be original), and must have original finish. (photos below of the SG Supreme....it is a specific model, NOT the SG Standard, SG Special, SG Jr., SG Custom, etc.) This is a fairly recently made guitar (not vintage) and can be found on eBay, Craig's List, Guitar Center, and guitar shops all over the world. However, it is a pretty high end guitar and goes for about $1,200.00-$1,500.00 on average for one in the condition I want. Photos below:





A second trade offer: I will trade all three mentioned cuffs (Tower Single Lock 3-Way Handcuffs in museum quality display case, Tower Double Lock Patent Stop Handcuffs, and Tower Lyon repro Thumbcuffs) plus two nice, higher dollar cuffs from my collection (to be named later.....up for debate) for a Gibson EDS-1275 (12-6) double neck guitar. This guitar must be repair free, have most of the original hardware (up-graded pick-up okay but not added whammy bars, ect.), must have two straight necks, be right handed, have a good case (does not have to be original), must have the 12 string guitar on top and the 6 string guitar on bottom, and must have original finish.....any available color is fine. (photos below of the EDS-1275 (12-6) below:



*All mentioned cuffs are in 100% perfect working order and have one working key with each set.

First come first serve! If someone claims the 3-Way cuff then the other deal is automatically no longer on the table. I will let you guys know if someone claims the cuffs.

E-mail me at [email protected] if interested.

Cheers, Mike D~C/

BTW, no need for hate mail or hate postings.....if you have no interest in the deal I am presenting, then keep it to yourself. When I run out of cuffs to sell or trade, you probably will not hear from me again.




tim71 30 Dec 2011
#2
Micheal,

I too am afflicted with GAS as they call it (guitar, aquisition syndrome). Quite frankly, it makes the hobby of handcuffs look cheap in comparison.

Pre-war Martins, vintage Gibsons, Fenders etc...can go through the roof.

Then you can really go all out and bid on one of Clapton's guitars when he has his auctions.

Later and good luck with your search.

Tim
Jack.Tanis 30 Dec 2011
#3
Hi everyone! I hope all you boys and girls had a great Christmas and plan to have a joyous and safe New Year! Personally, I had a GREAT Christmas holiday......one of the best in a long time! In recent months, I have steered away from handcuff collecting and went back into playing my guitars and buying a few new ones. Guitars are just as addicting as handcuffs are to collect but most of the ones I like are pretty expensive and it can really tap your pocket book in a hurry.

I have been playing the guitar off and on since about 1983 and in 1984 I had a chance to buy a cream colored 1967 Gibson SG Jr. from a friend who needed desperately to make a car payment. It was only $100.00 but it might as well had been a million dollars.....I couldn't come up with the money. So, a mutual friend stepped in and bought it and did things to it that disturbs me to my core to speak of even to this day. He routered out the pick-up hole bigger to fit in a modern pick-up, routered a second hole up by the neck to add a second pick-up, routered out the bridge area to add a Washburn Wonderbar (whammy bar), sanded it down, and spray painted it black. For those of you not familiar with vintage guitars, value, hardware originality, and what not, it would be like taking a Stotz leg iron and stripping the old finish off of them, cutting the chain and replacing it with a motorcycle timing chain, and adding high-tech combinations locks in the cuffs themselves and spray painting them gold. It was pretty bad. So, needless to say, I have carried some regret throughout the years concerning that guitar and have been casually looking for one like it ever since. Photo below:



A few months ago, I offered a collector (who will remain nameless unless he chooses to reveal himself) to find one of these guitars for me, since he is very well connected with auctions and finds a lot of really neat items both handcuff and non-handcuff related at very good prices. My offer was to trade my Tower Single Lock 3-Way Handcuffs (in a museum quality display case), my Tower Double Lock Patent Stop Handcuffs, and my Tower Lyon repro Thumbcuffs for a guitar like the one in the above photo. The collector in question never bothered to answer my e-mail. Lucky for me, he didn't respond.......because I found one a couple of weeks ago and it arrived here at my home yesterday afternoon (I got it dirt cheap considering what it is worth). So, I still have all the above mentioned cuffs (photos below) and the guitar I have been searching for (photos at the bottom of the page). So, that leaves all three cuffs still up for trade.........





































I am putting two new trades out to all cuff collectors here on the board.

The first trade offer: I will trade my Tower Single Lock 3-Way Handcuffs (in museum quality display case) straight up for a mint condition-very good condition Gibson SG Supreme (in either Blue or Green.....no other colors please). The guitar must be repair free, have most of the original hardware (up-graded pick-up okay but not added whammy bar, ect.), must have a straight neck, be right handed, have a good case (does not have to be original), and must have original finish. (photos below of the SG Supreme....it is a specific model, NOT the SG Standard, SG Special, SG Jr., SG Custom, etc.) This is a fairly recently made guitar (not vintage) and can be found on eBay, Craig's List, Guitar Center, and guitar shops all over the world. However, it is a pretty high end guitar and goes for about $1,200.00-$1,500.00 on average for one in the condition I want. Photos below:





A second trade offer: I will trade all three mentioned cuffs (Tower Single Lock 3-Way Handcuffs in museum quality display case, Tower Double Lock Patent Stop Handcuffs, and Tower Lyon repro Thumbcuffs) plus two nice, higher dollar cuffs from my collection (to be named later.....up for debate) for a Gibson EDS-1275 (12-6) double neck guitar. This guitar must be repair free, have most of the original hardware (up-graded pick-up okay but not added whammy bars, ect.), must have two straight necks, be right handed, have a good case (does not have to be original), must have the 12 string guitar on top and the 6 string guitar on bottom, and must have original finish.....any available color is fine. (photos below of the EDS-1275 (12-6) below:



*All mentioned cuffs are in 100% perfect working order and have one working key with each set.

First come first serve! If someone claims the 3-Way cuff then the other deal is automatically no longer on the table. I will let you guys know if someone claims the cuffs.

E-mail me at [email protected] if interested.

Cheers, Mike D~C/

BTW, no need for hate mail or hate postings.....if you have no interest in the deal I am presenting, then keep it to yourself. When I run out of cuffs to sell or trade, you probably will not hear from me again.



Click to expand...
Dear Michael,

I do not see the value. In 1966, I bought a used but near mint cherry ES-335 with a Bigsby vibrato tailpiece, with a small Kalamazoo amplifier for $250.00. About the same price was paid in 1962 for a brand new Martin D-21 and in 1970 for a brand new Fender Telecaster. Each instrument today would approach or exceed $10,000.00. I no longer have any of them.

What I do have, and what you seriously should check out, are Carvin electrics. Go to http://www.carvin.com/. Call their toll-free number and get a catalogue. The quality and sound are better than anything Gibson ever made, and that is no exaggeration. I would put any of my Carvins up next to any Paul Reed Smith any day of the week. If you want the best electric guitars made in the entire world for very reasonable prices, you want Carvin.

Cheers,

Jack
http://www.editing.org.uk/tanis/collectibles.htm
amazing010 30 Dec 2011
#4
Hi everyone! I hope all you boys and girls had a great Christmas and plan to have a joyous and safe New Year! Personally, I had a GREAT Christmas holiday......one of the best in a long time! In recent months, I have steered away from handcuff collecting and went back into playing my guitars and buying a few new ones. Guitars are just as addicting as handcuffs are to collect but most of the ones I like are pretty expensive and it can really tap your pocket book in a hurry.

I have been playing the guitar off and on since about 1983 and in 1984 I had a chance to buy a cream colored 1967 Gibson SG Jr. from a friend who needed desperately to make a car payment. It was only $100.00 but it might as well had been a million dollars.....I couldn't come up with the money. So, a mutual friend stepped in and bought it and did things to it that disturbs me to my core to speak of even to this day. He routered out the pick-up hole bigger to fit in a modern pick-up, routered a second hole up by the neck to add a second pick-up, routered out the bridge area to add a Washburn Wonderbar (whammy bar), sanded it down, and spray painted it black. For those of you not familiar with vintage guitars, value, hardware originality, and what not, it would be like taking a Stotz leg iron and stripping the old finish off of them, cutting the chain and replacing it with a motorcycle timing chain, and adding high-tech combinations locks in the cuffs themselves and spray painting them gold. It was pretty bad. So, needless to say, I have carried some regret throughout the years concerning that guitar and have been casually looking for one like it ever since. Photo below:



A few months ago, I offered a collector (who will remain nameless unless he chooses to reveal himself) to find one of these guitars for me, since he is very well connected with auctions and finds a lot of really neat items both handcuff and non-handcuff related at very good prices. My offer was to trade my Tower Single Lock 3-Way Handcuffs (in a museum quality display case), my Tower Double Lock Patent Stop Handcuffs, and my Tower Lyon repro Thumbcuffs for a guitar like the one in the above photo. The collector in question never bothered to answer my e-mail. Lucky for me, he didn't respond.......because I found one a couple of weeks ago and it arrived here at my home yesterday afternoon (I got it dirt cheap considering what it is worth). So, I still have all the above mentioned cuffs (photos below) and the guitar I have been searching for (photos at the bottom of the page). So, that leaves all three cuffs still up for trade.........





































I am putting two new trades out to all cuff collectors here on the board.

The first trade offer: I will trade my Tower Single Lock 3-Way Handcuffs (in museum quality display case) straight up for a mint condition-very good condition Gibson SG Supreme (in either Blue or Green.....no other colors please). The guitar must be repair free, have most of the original hardware (up-graded pick-up okay but not added whammy bar, ect.), must have a straight neck, be right handed, have a good case (does not have to be original), and must have original finish. (photos below of the SG Supreme....it is a specific model, NOT the SG Standard, SG Special, SG Jr., SG Custom, etc.) This is a fairly recently made guitar (not vintage) and can be found on eBay, Craig's List, Guitar Center, and guitar shops all over the world. However, it is a pretty high end guitar and goes for about $1,200.00-$1,500.00 on average for one in the condition I want. Photos below:





A second trade offer: I will trade all three mentioned cuffs (Tower Single Lock 3-Way Handcuffs in museum quality display case, Tower Double Lock Patent Stop Handcuffs, and Tower Lyon repro Thumbcuffs) plus two nice, higher dollar cuffs from my collection (to be named later.....up for debate) for a Gibson EDS-1275 (12-6) double neck guitar. This guitar must be repair free, have most of the original hardware (up-graded pick-up okay but not added whammy bars, ect.), must have two straight necks, be right handed, have a good case (does not have to be original), must have the 12 string guitar on top and the 6 string guitar on bottom, and must have original finish.....any available color is fine. (photos below of the EDS-1275 (12-6) below:



*All mentioned cuffs are in 100% perfect working order and have one working key with each set.

First come first serve! If someone claims the 3-Way cuff then the other deal is automatically no longer on the table. I will let you guys know if someone claims the cuffs.

E-mail me at [email protected] if interested.

Cheers, Mike D~C/

BTW, no need for hate mail or hate postings.....if you have no interest in the deal I am presenting, then keep it to yourself. When I run out of cuffs to sell or trade, you probably will not hear from me again.



Click to expand...
Thanks for your input guys.

Jack, I have heard the hype about Carvin guitars but they were WAY out of my price range when I was more serious about my playing. The Gibson EDS-1275 is a very iconic instrument with some practical purposes and being a big fan of Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin, it is a must to own before I leave this world. The SG Supreme is hands down the BEST playing Gibson guitar I ever picked up.....no kidding! I really didn't like the way it looked at first but a friend had/has one for sale along with several Les Pauls and when I went over to look at them he urged me to play it. It has the fastest, nicest neck I have played on EVER and his has stock EMG active pick-ups that sound amazing. The two problems with his are #1, color (his is the rare, hard to find Lavaburst).......I do not like it at all. And #2, price.......he wants what he paid for it brand new even though it is about five years old (I can find one in the condition and color I want, WAY cheaper than that). I would love to play a Carvin and try them out, but I don't recall ever seeing one for sale locally. I may send for the catalog and really give them a hard look.......I hope their prices have come down a bit. Thanks for the heads up.

What I hope to find is someone who has an old EDS-1275 that they bought on a whim and no longer has any interest in and doesn't want to go through the hassle of eBaying it. Or to find another collector who ends up running across one of the guitars I am looking for, real cheap, and gets himself a hell of a deal.

Cheers, Mike D~C/
Jack 30 Dec 2011
#5
Hi everyone! I hope all you boys and girls had a great Christmas and plan to have a joyous and safe New Year! Personally, I had a GREAT Christmas holiday......one of the best in a long time! In recent months, I have steered away from handcuff collecting and went back into playing my guitars and buying a few new ones. Guitars are just as addicting as handcuffs are to collect but most of the ones I like are pretty expensive and it can really tap your pocket book in a hurry.

I have been playing the guitar off and on since about 1983 and in 1984 I had a chance to buy a cream colored 1967 Gibson SG Jr. from a friend who needed desperately to make a car payment. It was only $100.00 but it might as well had been a million dollars.....I couldn't come up with the money. So, a mutual friend stepped in and bought it and did things to it that disturbs me to my core to speak of even to this day. He routered out the pick-up hole bigger to fit in a modern pick-up, routered a second hole up by the neck to add a second pick-up, routered out the bridge area to add a Washburn Wonderbar (whammy bar), sanded it down, and spray painted it black. For those of you not familiar with vintage guitars, value, hardware originality, and what not, it would be like taking a Stotz leg iron and stripping the old finish off of them, cutting the chain and replacing it with a motorcycle timing chain, and adding high-tech combinations locks in the cuffs themselves and spray painting them gold. It was pretty bad. So, needless to say, I have carried some regret throughout the years concerning that guitar and have been casually looking for one like it ever since. Photo below:



A few months ago, I offered a collector (who will remain nameless unless he chooses to reveal himself) to find one of these guitars for me, since he is very well connected with auctions and finds a lot of really neat items both handcuff and non-handcuff related at very good prices. My offer was to trade my Tower Single Lock 3-Way Handcuffs (in a museum quality display case), my Tower Double Lock Patent Stop Handcuffs, and my Tower Lyon repro Thumbcuffs for a guitar like the one in the above photo. The collector in question never bothered to answer my e-mail. Lucky for me, he didn't respond.......because I found one a couple of weeks ago and it arrived here at my home yesterday afternoon (I got it dirt cheap considering what it is worth). So, I still have all the above mentioned cuffs (photos below) and the guitar I have been searching for (photos at the bottom of the page). So, that leaves all three cuffs still up for trade.........





































I am putting two new trades out to all cuff collectors here on the board.

The first trade offer: I will trade my Tower Single Lock 3-Way Handcuffs (in museum quality display case) straight up for a mint condition-very good condition Gibson SG Supreme (in either Blue or Green.....no other colors please). The guitar must be repair free, have most of the original hardware (up-graded pick-up okay but not added whammy bar, ect.), must have a straight neck, be right handed, have a good case (does not have to be original), and must have original finish. (photos below of the SG Supreme....it is a specific model, NOT the SG Standard, SG Special, SG Jr., SG Custom, etc.) This is a fairly recently made guitar (not vintage) and can be found on eBay, Craig's List, Guitar Center, and guitar shops all over the world. However, it is a pretty high end guitar and goes for about $1,200.00-$1,500.00 on average for one in the condition I want. Photos below:





A second trade offer: I will trade all three mentioned cuffs (Tower Single Lock 3-Way Handcuffs in museum quality display case, Tower Double Lock Patent Stop Handcuffs, and Tower Lyon repro Thumbcuffs) plus two nice, higher dollar cuffs from my collection (to be named later.....up for debate) for a Gibson EDS-1275 (12-6) double neck guitar. This guitar must be repair free, have most of the original hardware (up-graded pick-up okay but not added whammy bars, ect.), must have two straight necks, be right handed, have a good case (does not have to be original), must have the 12 string guitar on top and the 6 string guitar on bottom, and must have original finish.....any available color is fine. (photos below of the EDS-1275 (12-6) below:



*All mentioned cuffs are in 100% perfect working order and have one working key with each set.

First come first serve! If someone claims the 3-Way cuff then the other deal is automatically no longer on the table. I will let you guys know if someone claims the cuffs.

E-mail me at [email protected] if interested.

Cheers, Mike D~C/

BTW, no need for hate mail or hate postings.....if you have no interest in the deal I am presenting, then keep it to yourself. When I run out of cuffs to sell or trade, you probably will not hear from me again.



Click to expand...
Dear Mike,

...check your e-mail.

Cheers,

Jack
Anonymous 31 Dec 2011
#6
Hi everyone! I hope all you boys and girls had a great Christmas and plan to have a joyous and safe New Year! Personally, I had a GREAT Christmas holiday......one of the best in a long time! In recent months, I have steered away from handcuff collecting and went back into playing my guitars and buying a few new ones. Guitars are just as addicting as handcuffs are to collect but most of the ones I like are pretty expensive and it can really tap your pocket book in a hurry.

I have been playing the guitar off and on since about 1983 and in 1984 I had a chance to buy a cream colored 1967 Gibson SG Jr. from a friend who needed desperately to make a car payment. It was only $100.00 but it might as well had been a million dollars.....I couldn't come up with the money. So, a mutual friend stepped in and bought it and did things to it that disturbs me to my core to speak of even to this day. He routered out the pick-up hole bigger to fit in a modern pick-up, routered a second hole up by the neck to add a second pick-up, routered out the bridge area to add a Washburn Wonderbar (whammy bar), sanded it down, and spray painted it black. For those of you not familiar with vintage guitars, value, hardware originality, and what not, it would be like taking a Stotz leg iron and stripping the old finish off of them, cutting the chain and replacing it with a motorcycle timing chain, and adding high-tech combinations locks in the cuffs themselves and spray painting them gold. It was pretty bad. So, needless to say, I have carried some regret throughout the years concerning that guitar and have been casually looking for one like it ever since. Photo below:



A few months ago, I offered a collector (who will remain nameless unless he chooses to reveal himself) to find one of these guitars for me, since he is very well connected with auctions and finds a lot of really neat items both handcuff and non-handcuff related at very good prices. My offer was to trade my Tower Single Lock 3-Way Handcuffs (in a museum quality display case), my Tower Double Lock Patent Stop Handcuffs, and my Tower Lyon repro Thumbcuffs for a guitar like the one in the above photo. The collector in question never bothered to answer my e-mail. Lucky for me, he didn't respond.......because I found one a couple of weeks ago and it arrived here at my home yesterday afternoon (I got it dirt cheap considering what it is worth). So, I still have all the above mentioned cuffs (photos below) and the guitar I have been searching for (photos at the bottom of the page). So, that leaves all three cuffs still up for trade.........





































I am putting two new trades out to all cuff collectors here on the board.

The first trade offer: I will trade my Tower Single Lock 3-Way Handcuffs (in museum quality display case) straight up for a mint condition-very good condition Gibson SG Supreme (in either Blue or Green.....no other colors please). The guitar must be repair free, have most of the original hardware (up-graded pick-up okay but not added whammy bar, ect.), must have a straight neck, be right handed, have a good case (does not have to be original), and must have original finish. (photos below of the SG Supreme....it is a specific model, NOT the SG Standard, SG Special, SG Jr., SG Custom, etc.) This is a fairly recently made guitar (not vintage) and can be found on eBay, Craig's List, Guitar Center, and guitar shops all over the world. However, it is a pretty high end guitar and goes for about $1,200.00-$1,500.00 on average for one in the condition I want. Photos below:





A second trade offer: I will trade all three mentioned cuffs (Tower Single Lock 3-Way Handcuffs in museum quality display case, Tower Double Lock Patent Stop Handcuffs, and Tower Lyon repro Thumbcuffs) plus two nice, higher dollar cuffs from my collection (to be named later.....up for debate) for a Gibson EDS-1275 (12-6) double neck guitar. This guitar must be repair free, have most of the original hardware (up-graded pick-up okay but not added whammy bars, ect.), must have two straight necks, be right handed, have a good case (does not have to be original), must have the 12 string guitar on top and the 6 string guitar on bottom, and must have original finish.....any available color is fine. (photos below of the EDS-1275 (12-6) below:



*All mentioned cuffs are in 100% perfect working order and have one working key with each set.

First come first serve! If someone claims the 3-Way cuff then the other deal is automatically no longer on the table. I will let you guys know if someone claims the cuffs.

E-mail me at [email protected] if interested.

Cheers, Mike D~C/

BTW, no need for hate mail or hate postings.....if you have no interest in the deal I am presenting, then keep it to yourself. When I run out of cuffs to sell or trade, you probably will not hear from me again.



Click to expand...
check this site and guy out as he has great stuff................ http://rukavinaguitars.com/
joe tanner 31 Dec 2011
#7
Hi everyone! I hope all you boys and girls had a great Christmas and plan to have a joyous and safe New Year! Personally, I had a GREAT Christmas holiday......one of the best in a long time! In recent months, I have steered away from handcuff collecting and went back into playing my guitars and buying a few new ones. Guitars are just as addicting as handcuffs are to collect but most of the ones I like are pretty expensive and it can really tap your pocket book in a hurry.

I have been playing the guitar off and on since about 1983 and in 1984 I had a chance to buy a cream colored 1967 Gibson SG Jr. from a friend who needed desperately to make a car payment. It was only $100.00 but it might as well had been a million dollars.....I couldn't come up with the money. So, a mutual friend stepped in and bought it and did things to it that disturbs me to my core to speak of even to this day. He routered out the pick-up hole bigger to fit in a modern pick-up, routered a second hole up by the neck to add a second pick-up, routered out the bridge area to add a Washburn Wonderbar (whammy bar), sanded it down, and spray painted it black. For those of you not familiar with vintage guitars, value, hardware originality, and what not, it would be like taking a Stotz leg iron and stripping the old finish off of them, cutting the chain and replacing it with a motorcycle timing chain, and adding high-tech combinations locks in the cuffs themselves and spray painting them gold. It was pretty bad. So, needless to say, I have carried some regret throughout the years concerning that guitar and have been casually looking for one like it ever since. Photo below:



A few months ago, I offered a collector (who will remain nameless unless he chooses to reveal himself) to find one of these guitars for me, since he is very well connected with auctions and finds a lot of really neat items both handcuff and non-handcuff related at very good prices. My offer was to trade my Tower Single Lock 3-Way Handcuffs (in a museum quality display case), my Tower Double Lock Patent Stop Handcuffs, and my Tower Lyon repro Thumbcuffs for a guitar like the one in the above photo. The collector in question never bothered to answer my e-mail. Lucky for me, he didn't respond.......because I found one a couple of weeks ago and it arrived here at my home yesterday afternoon (I got it dirt cheap considering what it is worth). So, I still have all the above mentioned cuffs (photos below) and the guitar I have been searching for (photos at the bottom of the page). So, that leaves all three cuffs still up for trade.........





































I am putting two new trades out to all cuff collectors here on the board.

The first trade offer: I will trade my Tower Single Lock 3-Way Handcuffs (in museum quality display case) straight up for a mint condition-very good condition Gibson SG Supreme (in either Blue or Green.....no other colors please). The guitar must be repair free, have most of the original hardware (up-graded pick-up okay but not added whammy bar, ect.), must have a straight neck, be right handed, have a good case (does not have to be original), and must have original finish. (photos below of the SG Supreme....it is a specific model, NOT the SG Standard, SG Special, SG Jr., SG Custom, etc.) This is a fairly recently made guitar (not vintage) and can be found on eBay, Craig's List, Guitar Center, and guitar shops all over the world. However, it is a pretty high end guitar and goes for about $1,200.00-$1,500.00 on average for one in the condition I want. Photos below:





A second trade offer: I will trade all three mentioned cuffs (Tower Single Lock 3-Way Handcuffs in museum quality display case, Tower Double Lock Patent Stop Handcuffs, and Tower Lyon repro Thumbcuffs) plus two nice, higher dollar cuffs from my collection (to be named later.....up for debate) for a Gibson EDS-1275 (12-6) double neck guitar. This guitar must be repair free, have most of the original hardware (up-graded pick-up okay but not added whammy bars, ect.), must have two straight necks, be right handed, have a good case (does not have to be original), must have the 12 string guitar on top and the 6 string guitar on bottom, and must have original finish.....any available color is fine. (photos below of the EDS-1275 (12-6) below:



*All mentioned cuffs are in 100% perfect working order and have one working key with each set.

First come first serve! If someone claims the 3-Way cuff then the other deal is automatically no longer on the table. I will let you guys know if someone claims the cuffs.

E-mail me at [email protected] if interested.

Cheers, Mike D~C/

BTW, no need for hate mail or hate postings.....if you have no interest in the deal I am presenting, then keep it to yourself. When I run out of cuffs to sell or trade, you probably will not hear from me again.



Click to expand...
forgot to leave my name........ RYAN is a true craftsman ........ joe ----- http://rukavinaguitars.com/
amazing010 31 Dec 2011
#8
Hi everyone! I hope all you boys and girls had a great Christmas and plan to have a joyous and safe New Year! Personally, I had a GREAT Christmas holiday......one of the best in a long time! In recent months, I have steered away from handcuff collecting and went back into playing my guitars and buying a few new ones. Guitars are just as addicting as handcuffs are to collect but most of the ones I like are pretty expensive and it can really tap your pocket book in a hurry.

I have been playing the guitar off and on since about 1983 and in 1984 I had a chance to buy a cream colored 1967 Gibson SG Jr. from a friend who needed desperately to make a car payment. It was only $100.00 but it might as well had been a million dollars.....I couldn't come up with the money. So, a mutual friend stepped in and bought it and did things to it that disturbs me to my core to speak of even to this day. He routered out the pick-up hole bigger to fit in a modern pick-up, routered a second hole up by the neck to add a second pick-up, routered out the bridge area to add a Washburn Wonderbar (whammy bar), sanded it down, and spray painted it black. For those of you not familiar with vintage guitars, value, hardware originality, and what not, it would be like taking a Stotz leg iron and stripping the old finish off of them, cutting the chain and replacing it with a motorcycle timing chain, and adding high-tech combinations locks in the cuffs themselves and spray painting them gold. It was pretty bad. So, needless to say, I have carried some regret throughout the years concerning that guitar and have been casually looking for one like it ever since. Photo below:



A few months ago, I offered a collector (who will remain nameless unless he chooses to reveal himself) to find one of these guitars for me, since he is very well connected with auctions and finds a lot of really neat items both handcuff and non-handcuff related at very good prices. My offer was to trade my Tower Single Lock 3-Way Handcuffs (in a museum quality display case), my Tower Double Lock Patent Stop Handcuffs, and my Tower Lyon repro Thumbcuffs for a guitar like the one in the above photo. The collector in question never bothered to answer my e-mail. Lucky for me, he didn't respond.......because I found one a couple of weeks ago and it arrived here at my home yesterday afternoon (I got it dirt cheap considering what it is worth). So, I still have all the above mentioned cuffs (photos below) and the guitar I have been searching for (photos at the bottom of the page). So, that leaves all three cuffs still up for trade.........





































I am putting two new trades out to all cuff collectors here on the board.

The first trade offer: I will trade my Tower Single Lock 3-Way Handcuffs (in museum quality display case) straight up for a mint condition-very good condition Gibson SG Supreme (in either Blue or Green.....no other colors please). The guitar must be repair free, have most of the original hardware (up-graded pick-up okay but not added whammy bar, ect.), must have a straight neck, be right handed, have a good case (does not have to be original), and must have original finish. (photos below of the SG Supreme....it is a specific model, NOT the SG Standard, SG Special, SG Jr., SG Custom, etc.) This is a fairly recently made guitar (not vintage) and can be found on eBay, Craig's List, Guitar Center, and guitar shops all over the world. However, it is a pretty high end guitar and goes for about $1,200.00-$1,500.00 on average for one in the condition I want. Photos below:





A second trade offer: I will trade all three mentioned cuffs (Tower Single Lock 3-Way Handcuffs in museum quality display case, Tower Double Lock Patent Stop Handcuffs, and Tower Lyon repro Thumbcuffs) plus two nice, higher dollar cuffs from my collection (to be named later.....up for debate) for a Gibson EDS-1275 (12-6) double neck guitar. This guitar must be repair free, have most of the original hardware (up-graded pick-up okay but not added whammy bars, ect.), must have two straight necks, be right handed, have a good case (does not have to be original), must have the 12 string guitar on top and the 6 string guitar on bottom, and must have original finish.....any available color is fine. (photos below of the EDS-1275 (12-6) below:



*All mentioned cuffs are in 100% perfect working order and have one working key with each set.

First come first serve! If someone claims the 3-Way cuff then the other deal is automatically no longer on the table. I will let you guys know if someone claims the cuffs.

E-mail me at [email protected] if interested.

Cheers, Mike D~C/

BTW, no need for hate mail or hate postings.....if you have no interest in the deal I am presenting, then keep it to yourself. When I run out of cuffs to sell or trade, you probably will not hear from me again.



Click to expand...
The Tower 3-Way Single Lock Handcuffs are on HOLD pending finalization of a deal I am working out with a fellow collector. I will post again when we get it wrapped up.

Joe, thank you for the web site link! That guy is truly an artist! WOW!

Also, thanks again to all who offered insight, advice, and words of encouragement both here and through private e-mail! =)

Cheers, Mike D~C/
Unknown / guest 31 Dec 2011
#9
Hi everyone! I hope all you boys and girls had a great Christmas and plan to have a joyous and safe New Year! Personally, I had a GREAT Christmas holiday......one of the best in a long time! In recent months, I have steered away from handcuff collecting and went back into playing my guitars and buying a few new ones. Guitars are just as addicting as handcuffs are to collect but most of the ones I like are pretty expensive and it can really tap your pocket book in a hurry.

I have been playing the guitar off and on since about 1983 and in 1984 I had a chance to buy a cream colored 1967 Gibson SG Jr. from a friend who needed desperately to make a car payment. It was only $100.00 but it might as well had been a million dollars.....I couldn't come up with the money. So, a mutual friend stepped in and bought it and did things to it that disturbs me to my core to speak of even to this day. He routered out the pick-up hole bigger to fit in a modern pick-up, routered a second hole up by the neck to add a second pick-up, routered out the bridge area to add a Washburn Wonderbar (whammy bar), sanded it down, and spray painted it black. For those of you not familiar with vintage guitars, value, hardware originality, and what not, it would be like taking a Stotz leg iron and stripping the old finish off of them, cutting the chain and replacing it with a motorcycle timing chain, and adding high-tech combinations locks in the cuffs themselves and spray painting them gold. It was pretty bad. So, needless to say, I have carried some regret throughout the years concerning that guitar and have been casually looking for one like it ever since. Photo below:



A few months ago, I offered a collector (who will remain nameless unless he chooses to reveal himself) to find one of these guitars for me, since he is very well connected with auctions and finds a lot of really neat items both handcuff and non-handcuff related at very good prices. My offer was to trade my Tower Single Lock 3-Way Handcuffs (in a museum quality display case), my Tower Double Lock Patent Stop Handcuffs, and my Tower Lyon repro Thumbcuffs for a guitar like the one in the above photo. The collector in question never bothered to answer my e-mail. Lucky for me, he didn't respond.......because I found one a couple of weeks ago and it arrived here at my home yesterday afternoon (I got it dirt cheap considering what it is worth). So, I still have all the above mentioned cuffs (photos below) and the guitar I have been searching for (photos at the bottom of the page). So, that leaves all three cuffs still up for trade.........





































I am putting two new trades out to all cuff collectors here on the board.

The first trade offer: I will trade my Tower Single Lock 3-Way Handcuffs (in museum quality display case) straight up for a mint condition-very good condition Gibson SG Supreme (in either Blue or Green.....no other colors please). The guitar must be repair free, have most of the original hardware (up-graded pick-up okay but not added whammy bar, ect.), must have a straight neck, be right handed, have a good case (does not have to be original), and must have original finish. (photos below of the SG Supreme....it is a specific model, NOT the SG Standard, SG Special, SG Jr., SG Custom, etc.) This is a fairly recently made guitar (not vintage) and can be found on eBay, Craig's List, Guitar Center, and guitar shops all over the world. However, it is a pretty high end guitar and goes for about $1,200.00-$1,500.00 on average for one in the condition I want. Photos below:





A second trade offer: I will trade all three mentioned cuffs (Tower Single Lock 3-Way Handcuffs in museum quality display case, Tower Double Lock Patent Stop Handcuffs, and Tower Lyon repro Thumbcuffs) plus two nice, higher dollar cuffs from my collection (to be named later.....up for debate) for a Gibson EDS-1275 (12-6) double neck guitar. This guitar must be repair free, have most of the original hardware (up-graded pick-up okay but not added whammy bars, ect.), must have two straight necks, be right handed, have a good case (does not have to be original), must have the 12 string guitar on top and the 6 string guitar on bottom, and must have original finish.....any available color is fine. (photos below of the EDS-1275 (12-6) below:



*All mentioned cuffs are in 100% perfect working order and have one working key with each set.

First come first serve! If someone claims the 3-Way cuff then the other deal is automatically no longer on the table. I will let you guys know if someone claims the cuffs.

E-mail me at [email protected] if interested.

Cheers, Mike D~C/

BTW, no need for hate mail or hate postings.....if you have no interest in the deal I am presenting, then keep it to yourself. When I run out of cuffs to sell or trade, you probably will not hear from me again.



Click to expand...
Okay, a deal has been reached for the Tower 3-Way Single Lock Handcuffs and it is no longer available.

The other two cuffs are still available if someone wishes to make a trade/cash offer. Thanks to all who inquired.

Cheers, Mike D~C/
tim71 01 Jan 2012
#10
Hi everyone! I hope all you boys and girls had a great Christmas and plan to have a joyous and safe New Year! Personally, I had a GREAT Christmas holiday......one of the best in a long time! In recent months, I have steered away from handcuff collecting and went back into playing my guitars and buying a few new ones. Guitars are just as addicting as handcuffs are to collect but most of the ones I like are pretty expensive and it can really tap your pocket book in a hurry.

I have been playing the guitar off and on since about 1983 and in 1984 I had a chance to buy a cream colored 1967 Gibson SG Jr. from a friend who needed desperately to make a car payment. It was only $100.00 but it might as well had been a million dollars.....I couldn't come up with the money. So, a mutual friend stepped in and bought it and did things to it that disturbs me to my core to speak of even to this day. He routered out the pick-up hole bigger to fit in a modern pick-up, routered a second hole up by the neck to add a second pick-up, routered out the bridge area to add a Washburn Wonderbar (whammy bar), sanded it down, and spray painted it black. For those of you not familiar with vintage guitars, value, hardware originality, and what not, it would be like taking a Stotz leg iron and stripping the old finish off of them, cutting the chain and replacing it with a motorcycle timing chain, and adding high-tech combinations locks in the cuffs themselves and spray painting them gold. It was pretty bad. So, needless to say, I have carried some regret throughout the years concerning that guitar and have been casually looking for one like it ever since. Photo below:



A few months ago, I offered a collector (who will remain nameless unless he chooses to reveal himself) to find one of these guitars for me, since he is very well connected with auctions and finds a lot of really neat items both handcuff and non-handcuff related at very good prices. My offer was to trade my Tower Single Lock 3-Way Handcuffs (in a museum quality display case), my Tower Double Lock Patent Stop Handcuffs, and my Tower Lyon repro Thumbcuffs for a guitar like the one in the above photo. The collector in question never bothered to answer my e-mail. Lucky for me, he didn't respond.......because I found one a couple of weeks ago and it arrived here at my home yesterday afternoon (I got it dirt cheap considering what it is worth). So, I still have all the above mentioned cuffs (photos below) and the guitar I have been searching for (photos at the bottom of the page). So, that leaves all three cuffs still up for trade.........





































I am putting two new trades out to all cuff collectors here on the board.

The first trade offer: I will trade my Tower Single Lock 3-Way Handcuffs (in museum quality display case) straight up for a mint condition-very good condition Gibson SG Supreme (in either Blue or Green.....no other colors please). The guitar must be repair free, have most of the original hardware (up-graded pick-up okay but not added whammy bar, ect.), must have a straight neck, be right handed, have a good case (does not have to be original), and must have original finish. (photos below of the SG Supreme....it is a specific model, NOT the SG Standard, SG Special, SG Jr., SG Custom, etc.) This is a fairly recently made guitar (not vintage) and can be found on eBay, Craig's List, Guitar Center, and guitar shops all over the world. However, it is a pretty high end guitar and goes for about $1,200.00-$1,500.00 on average for one in the condition I want. Photos below:





A second trade offer: I will trade all three mentioned cuffs (Tower Single Lock 3-Way Handcuffs in museum quality display case, Tower Double Lock Patent Stop Handcuffs, and Tower Lyon repro Thumbcuffs) plus two nice, higher dollar cuffs from my collection (to be named later.....up for debate) for a Gibson EDS-1275 (12-6) double neck guitar. This guitar must be repair free, have most of the original hardware (up-graded pick-up okay but not added whammy bars, ect.), must have two straight necks, be right handed, have a good case (does not have to be original), must have the 12 string guitar on top and the 6 string guitar on bottom, and must have original finish.....any available color is fine. (photos below of the EDS-1275 (12-6) below:



*All mentioned cuffs are in 100% perfect working order and have one working key with each set.

First come first serve! If someone claims the 3-Way cuff then the other deal is automatically no longer on the table. I will let you guys know if someone claims the cuffs.

E-mail me at [email protected] if interested.

Cheers, Mike D~C/

BTW, no need for hate mail or hate postings.....if you have no interest in the deal I am presenting, then keep it to yourself. When I run out of cuffs to sell or trade, you probably will not hear from me again.



Click to expand...
http://www.melvilleguitars.com/guitar.asp?Id=00120

I got to play this exact same guitar that's in the above photos once. I know the guy who owns it because he lives in Sikeston Missouri and it was truly an experience playing such an incredible handmade guitar. The pics truly don't do it justice.

Tim