OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Finding Ed Saint

6 visible archived posts · 6 preserved total · topic ID 4587
Original topic ↗Recovered images
John Cox 21 Jan 2012
#1
Last week Patrick Cullition, Joe Fox, Lisa Cousins, Mark Willoughby and I went in search of the grave of Edward Saint after Joe discovered that he was buried under his real name, Charles David Myers, in the great Hollywood Forever cemetery. But Saint turned out to be as tricky in death as he was in life.

I've assembled our adventure into a (ragged) 7 minute YouTube video which you can watch on my blog:
http://www.wildabouthoudini.com/2012/01 ... saint.html

Or on my new YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HoudiniWild/featured

Hope you enjoy!
Mark Lyons 22 Jan 2012
#2
Very cool. A shame that there is no marker. I have no idea if he ever had one.


Wonder if we can get up a collection at some of the conventions to purchase or replace the marker.
I will donate a coupla bucks for the cause.


I will take the lead on the project unless someone else wants it.

How about a heads up on your next search?
Having gone through some Search and Rescue training, I'll find your man the next time.



mark
O--O
John Cox 22 Jan 2012
#3
Last week Patrick Cullition, Joe Fox, Lisa Cousins, Mark Willoughby and I went in search of the grave of Edward Saint after Joe discovered that he was buried under his real name, Charles David Myers, in the great Hollywood Forever cemetery. But Saint turned out to be as tricky in death as he was in life.

I've assembled our adventure into a (ragged) 7 minute YouTube video which you can watch on my blog:
http://www.wildabouthoudini.com/2012/01 ... saint.html

Or on my new YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HoudiniWild/featured

Hope you enjoy!
Click to expand...
Do I have your email, Mark? Maybe shoot it over to me and I'll let you know when we do the next one. Or just keep in touch with Joe Fox. He's the one who initiated this.

Not sure who to do next. Although I'd like to see Harry Kellar's grave (the real one, not the one in this video. )
Dorson 22 Jan 2012
#4
Last week Patrick Cullition, Joe Fox, Lisa Cousins, Mark Willoughby and I went in search of the grave of Edward Saint after Joe discovered that he was buried under his real name, Charles David Myers, in the great Hollywood Forever cemetery. But Saint turned out to be as tricky in death as he was in life.

I've assembled our adventure into a (ragged) 7 minute YouTube video which you can watch on my blog:
http://www.wildabouthoudini.com/2012/01 ... saint.html

Or on my new YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HoudiniWild/featured

Hope you enjoy!
Click to expand...
For a moment there I thought the Forever Cemetery was having the same problems as on the east coast at Arlington National Cemetery.
Anonymous 24 Jan 2012
#5
Last week Patrick Cullition, Joe Fox, Lisa Cousins, Mark Willoughby and I went in search of the grave of Edward Saint after Joe discovered that he was buried under his real name, Charles David Myers, in the great Hollywood Forever cemetery. But Saint turned out to be as tricky in death as he was in life.

I've assembled our adventure into a (ragged) 7 minute YouTube video which you can watch on my blog:
http://www.wildabouthoudini.com/2012/01 ... saint.html

Or on my new YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HoudiniWild/featured

Hope you enjoy!
Click to expand...
I know anon postings irritate many, but here, to avoid controversy, it seems appropriate.

When visiting cemetaries, please respect all those there, and their families. Walk between the graves, not over them. Please, do not go sticking screwdrivers in the ground, poking around.

Your presumed missing person may not be so after all. It seems the portion of the graveyard you were in is what could be called by some the paupers' section. Even though rather small, the marker for the cremated remains of those so interred there are given absolute respect, and their grave markers are secured firmly in place. As your video reveals, all the surrounding markers are there and quite visible.

In all likelihood, considering the circumstances, this gentleman's remains were later disinterred and removed to another location by those who loved and respected him.

Whatever you wish to do to remember or honor this man, please give all the others in that resting place the same degree of respect.
John Cox 24 Jan 2012
#6
Last week Patrick Cullition, Joe Fox, Lisa Cousins, Mark Willoughby and I went in search of the grave of Edward Saint after Joe discovered that he was buried under his real name, Charles David Myers, in the great Hollywood Forever cemetery. But Saint turned out to be as tricky in death as he was in life.

I've assembled our adventure into a (ragged) 7 minute YouTube video which you can watch on my blog:
http://www.wildabouthoudini.com/2012/01 ... saint.html

Or on my new YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HoudiniWild/featured

Hope you enjoy!
Click to expand...
Good point, Anon. I knew someone would bring this up. But we really were just looking to see if we could find and uncover the marker. And it's not so that all the other markers were visible. The two directly below Saint where buried. Mark uncovered them the day before. That's why we thought Saint's marker might be buried as well. We figured poking with a screwdriver was less disruptive then digging. Our mission really was out of respect. You'll see that we found, uncovered, and cleaned Jacob Hyman's grave a while back. That's what we wanted to do for Saint.