OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Question Moabit

4 visible archived posts · 4 preserved total · topic ID 4792
Original topic ↗Recovered images
dancingcane 08 May 2012
#1
Hello,

normally I know the Moabit (images) only in hammered finish and swivel.

The complete cuff is rough coated, the swivel is only suggested but fixed.

What I have moved on land?

The whole shackle weighs 692 g, the key has the key has an edge length of 6 mm.
The DL is like the whole cuff fantastic.
The serial number is listed with 369th

Thanks for your help.

best

Jens




holstcollection 08 May 2012
#2
Hi Jens,

The surface seem a little rough but not that bad. Most Horst Moabit came in hammer painted finish but some came in bare metal.

The swivel is most unusual and I have never seen anything like it on any Horst Moabit cuffs. I beleive it's frozen and could be
brought back to moving state again.
You could try to soak it in CRC 3-36 which I think you can buy in Germany. You also will have to put some pressure
to it to get it released.

The stamping "369" should denote manufacture in March (3) 19(69).

As you might know, these handcuffs were sold by the company Horst Stein, first located in Hannover but later in Munich, which were a
sales company and not a manufacturer. Most of the cuffs were manufactured by firma Kurt Metk in Berlin-Schöneberg.
Horst Stein ceased their business in about mid 1980's.

Good luck!

Lars

www.holstcollection.com
Nils 08 May 2012
#3
Hello,

normally I know the Moabit (images) only in hammered finish and swivel.

The complete cuff is rough coated, the swivel is only suggested but fixed.

What I have moved on land?

The whole shackle weighs 692 g, the key has the key has an edge length of 6 mm.
The DL is like the whole cuff fantastic.
The serial number is listed with 369th

Thanks for your help.

best

Jens




Click to expand...
My guess is they have been sandblasted.
Anonymous 09 May 2012
#4
Hello,

normally I know the Moabit (images) only in hammered finish and swivel.

The complete cuff is rough coated, the swivel is only suggested but fixed.

What I have moved on land?

The whole shackle weighs 692 g, the key has the key has an edge length of 6 mm.
The DL is like the whole cuff fantastic.
The serial number is listed with 369th

Thanks for your help.

best

Jens




Click to expand...
Hi, I think they have been sand blaster also.

I would paint them with hammertone again.

Ian