OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Unusual Swedish Darby (better pics)

4 visible archived posts · 4 preserved total · topic ID 4908
Original topic ↗Recovered images
Steve Santini 14 Jul 2012
#1
Hi all,

Here are some much better quality pics of the unusual Swedish darby I have for sale (or possible trade providing someone can offer me an old hand forged restraint I like).

You can see that when laid over a Hiatt darby the Swedish ones have an unusual elongated shape. This makes the wrists fit in a more sideways angle. They seem to be for smaller wrists as well.

The body near the hinge flairs out but the rest of the wrist shackle part is more narrow than the hinge area.

The hinge is very tight fitting and the locking bolt is very near the top of the keyway. The chain clevis is also quite different and the locking hole in the shackle arm is elongated compared to similiar darby restraints.

All in all they are rather unique. Serious inquiries can reach me at [email protected]























holstcollection 15 Jul 2012
#2


Hi Steve,

As emailing seem to be an issue, I just want to let you know I've sent you and email with pictures.
Please respond to my personal email address.

Cheers,

Lars
Steve Santini 15 Jul 2012
#3
Hi all,

Here are some much better quality pics of the unusual Swedish darby I have for sale (or possible trade providing someone can offer me an old hand forged restraint I like).

You can see that when laid over a Hiatt darby the Swedish ones have an unusual elongated shape. This makes the wrists fit in a more sideways angle. They seem to be for smaller wrists as well.

The body near the hinge flairs out but the rest of the wrist shackle part is more narrow than the hinge area.

The hinge is very tight fitting and the locking bolt is very near the top of the keyway. The chain clevis is also quite different and the locking hole in the shackle arm is elongated compared to similiar darby restraints.

All in all they are rather unique. Serious inquiries can reach me at [email protected]






















Click to expand...
Thank you.

I just sent you an e mail in reply.

Cheers, Steve
Steve Santini 15 Jul 2012
#4
Hi all,

Here are some much better quality pics of the unusual Swedish darby I have for sale (or possible trade providing someone can offer me an old hand forged restraint I like).

You can see that when laid over a Hiatt darby the Swedish ones have an unusual elongated shape. This makes the wrists fit in a more sideways angle. They seem to be for smaller wrists as well.

The body near the hinge flairs out but the rest of the wrist shackle part is more narrow than the hinge area.

The hinge is very tight fitting and the locking bolt is very near the top of the keyway. The chain clevis is also quite different and the locking hole in the shackle arm is elongated compared to similiar darby restraints.

All in all they are rather unique. Serious inquiries can reach me at [email protected]






















Click to expand...
Hi Lars,

I just e mailed you to the addy you provided.

Cheers, Steve