OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Rare summer findings in Europe...

11 visible archived posts · 11 preserved total · topic ID 4934
Original topic ↗Recovered images
holstcollection 01 Aug 2012
#1
Hi all,

I know not all on this Forum is very interested in antique restraints but I couldn't refrain from posting pictures of a few new findings.

My fiancée and I have been travelling around Europe for some time. Its not very often I find anything interesting but this time was a great exception.

The first set is a ultra rare Mühlenfeld combination of handcuffs and leg irons. Referring to the Mühlenfeld advertising sheet (see picture), this should be the Model 310. I happened to win these in a small local auction in southern Germany for very small money.

The second set is another set of Mühlenfeld handcuffs, a version with five links instead of the round link. The great difference however is not the linkage but the size to the cuffs; this version is slightly smaller than my other Mühlenfeld handcuffs. Also the key holes differ and this set takes a smaller key of the same design. Se picture for comparison.
The small size version didnt come from the mentioned auction though.

The last item, that came with the combination set, is a handcuff chain (didnt come with the padlock). Im not sure but it may very well be a Mühlenfeld chain as it came with the combination.

Another very interesting observation, all sets have the number "13" stamped to one of the cuffs. Any ideas what the number stands for?


Cheers,

Lars



Mühlenfeld combination and "small size long chain" version.


"Small size long chain" version


Key hole comparison, standard version and "small size" version.


Size comparison


Size comparison


Handcuff chain, Mühlenfeld??


Page from the Mühlenfeld catalogue


Ron Spitz 01 Aug 2012
#2
Fantastic finds to add to a great collection. Sure beats finding anything here in Arizona--only newly imported rust from India or there a bouts.

Thanks for the post Lars.

Ron
handboeienfreak 01 Aug 2012
#3
Hi all,

I know not all on this Forum is very interested in antique restraints but I couldn't refrain from posting pictures of a few new findings.

My fiancée and I have been travelling around Europe for some time. Its not very often I find anything interesting but this time was a great exception.

The first set is a ultra rare Mühlenfeld combination of handcuffs and leg irons. Referring to the Mühlenfeld advertising sheet (see picture), this should be the Model 310. I happened to win these in a small local auction in southern Germany for very small money.

The second set is another set of Mühlenfeld handcuffs, a version with five links instead of the round link. The great difference however is not the linkage but the size to the cuffs; this version is slightly smaller than my other Mühlenfeld handcuffs. Also the key holes differ and this set takes a smaller key of the same design. Se picture for comparison.
The small size version didnt come from the mentioned auction though.

The last item, that came with the combination set, is a handcuff chain (didnt come with the padlock). Im not sure but it may very well be a Mühlenfeld chain as it came with the combination.

Another very interesting observation, all sets have the number "13" stamped to one of the cuffs. Any ideas what the number stands for?


Cheers,

Lars



Mühlenfeld combination and "small size long chain" version.


"Small size long chain" version


Key hole comparison, standard version and "small size" version.


Size comparison


Size comparison


Handcuff chain, Mühlenfeld??


Page from the Mühlenfeld catalogue

Click to expand...
Hi Lars

my leicher lock came with the same chain
you said you do the lock with the chain and probaly
it is not original
I would if I could help but I can't on this

but nice find

best


Patrick
Damon Shields 01 Aug 2012
#4
Hi all,

I know not all on this Forum is very interested in antique restraints but I couldn't refrain from posting pictures of a few new findings.

My fiancée and I have been travelling around Europe for some time. Its not very often I find anything interesting but this time was a great exception.

The first set is a ultra rare Mühlenfeld combination of handcuffs and leg irons. Referring to the Mühlenfeld advertising sheet (see picture), this should be the Model 310. I happened to win these in a small local auction in southern Germany for very small money.

The second set is another set of Mühlenfeld handcuffs, a version with five links instead of the round link. The great difference however is not the linkage but the size to the cuffs; this version is slightly smaller than my other Mühlenfeld handcuffs. Also the key holes differ and this set takes a smaller key of the same design. Se picture for comparison.
The small size version didnt come from the mentioned auction though.

The last item, that came with the combination set, is a handcuff chain (didnt come with the padlock). Im not sure but it may very well be a Mühlenfeld chain as it came with the combination.

Another very interesting observation, all sets have the number "13" stamped to one of the cuffs. Any ideas what the number stands for?


Cheers,

Lars



Mühlenfeld combination and "small size long chain" version.


"Small size long chain" version


Key hole comparison, standard version and "small size" version.


Size comparison


Size comparison


Handcuff chain, Mühlenfeld??


Page from the Mühlenfeld catalogue

Click to expand...
Lars,

Splendid additions to your collection. There cant be many of the combinations known to exist. What a great find.

Damon
Joshua 01 Aug 2012
#5
Hi all,

I know not all on this Forum is very interested in antique restraints but I couldn't refrain from posting pictures of a few new findings.

My fiancée and I have been travelling around Europe for some time. Its not very often I find anything interesting but this time was a great exception.

The first set is a ultra rare Mühlenfeld combination of handcuffs and leg irons. Referring to the Mühlenfeld advertising sheet (see picture), this should be the Model 310. I happened to win these in a small local auction in southern Germany for very small money.

The second set is another set of Mühlenfeld handcuffs, a version with five links instead of the round link. The great difference however is not the linkage but the size to the cuffs; this version is slightly smaller than my other Mühlenfeld handcuffs. Also the key holes differ and this set takes a smaller key of the same design. Se picture for comparison.
The small size version didnt come from the mentioned auction though.

The last item, that came with the combination set, is a handcuff chain (didnt come with the padlock). Im not sure but it may very well be a Mühlenfeld chain as it came with the combination.

Another very interesting observation, all sets have the number "13" stamped to one of the cuffs. Any ideas what the number stands for?


Cheers,

Lars



Mühlenfeld combination and "small size long chain" version.


"Small size long chain" version


Key hole comparison, standard version and "small size" version.


Size comparison


Size comparison


Handcuff chain, Mühlenfeld??


Page from the Mühlenfeld catalogue

Click to expand...
Absolutley unbelievable finds Lars!!! Many congrats, Ive found alot of items at local auctions but nothing that even comes close in comparison. I about fell off my chair when I first saw the photos
holstcollection 01 Aug 2012
#6
Hi all,

I know not all on this Forum is very interested in antique restraints but I couldn't refrain from posting pictures of a few new findings.

My fiancée and I have been travelling around Europe for some time. Its not very often I find anything interesting but this time was a great exception.

The first set is a ultra rare Mühlenfeld combination of handcuffs and leg irons. Referring to the Mühlenfeld advertising sheet (see picture), this should be the Model 310. I happened to win these in a small local auction in southern Germany for very small money.

The second set is another set of Mühlenfeld handcuffs, a version with five links instead of the round link. The great difference however is not the linkage but the size to the cuffs; this version is slightly smaller than my other Mühlenfeld handcuffs. Also the key holes differ and this set takes a smaller key of the same design. Se picture for comparison.
The small size version didnt come from the mentioned auction though.

The last item, that came with the combination set, is a handcuff chain (didnt come with the padlock). Im not sure but it may very well be a Mühlenfeld chain as it came with the combination.

Another very interesting observation, all sets have the number "13" stamped to one of the cuffs. Any ideas what the number stands for?


Cheers,

Lars



Mühlenfeld combination and "small size long chain" version.


"Small size long chain" version


Key hole comparison, standard version and "small size" version.


Size comparison


Size comparison


Handcuff chain, Mühlenfeld??


Page from the Mühlenfeld catalogue

Click to expand...
Thank you guys!

I'm happy you like the photos. These will get a home in one of the
better drawers.

This is also an evidence that there are still nice pieces to find out there.

Cheers,

Lars
Ian McColl 01 Aug 2012
#7
Hi all,

I know not all on this Forum is very interested in antique restraints but I couldn't refrain from posting pictures of a few new findings.

My fiancée and I have been travelling around Europe for some time. Its not very often I find anything interesting but this time was a great exception.

The first set is a ultra rare Mühlenfeld combination of handcuffs and leg irons. Referring to the Mühlenfeld advertising sheet (see picture), this should be the Model 310. I happened to win these in a small local auction in southern Germany for very small money.

The second set is another set of Mühlenfeld handcuffs, a version with five links instead of the round link. The great difference however is not the linkage but the size to the cuffs; this version is slightly smaller than my other Mühlenfeld handcuffs. Also the key holes differ and this set takes a smaller key of the same design. Se picture for comparison.
The small size version didnt come from the mentioned auction though.

The last item, that came with the combination set, is a handcuff chain (didnt come with the padlock). Im not sure but it may very well be a Mühlenfeld chain as it came with the combination.

Another very interesting observation, all sets have the number "13" stamped to one of the cuffs. Any ideas what the number stands for?


Cheers,

Lars



Mühlenfeld combination and "small size long chain" version.


"Small size long chain" version


Key hole comparison, standard version and "small size" version.


Size comparison


Size comparison


Handcuff chain, Mühlenfeld??


Page from the Mühlenfeld catalogue

Click to expand...
Hi Lars, what a fantastic find! Everyone dreams of one of these moments.

Go back and look for more..............

13 might have been the assemblers number.
(or it's very unlucky for YOU to have them, send them to me to be safe)

Ian
grenchat 02 Aug 2012
#8
Hi all,

I know not all on this Forum is very interested in antique restraints but I couldn't refrain from posting pictures of a few new findings.

My fiancée and I have been travelling around Europe for some time. Its not very often I find anything interesting but this time was a great exception.

The first set is a ultra rare Mühlenfeld combination of handcuffs and leg irons. Referring to the Mühlenfeld advertising sheet (see picture), this should be the Model 310. I happened to win these in a small local auction in southern Germany for very small money.

The second set is another set of Mühlenfeld handcuffs, a version with five links instead of the round link. The great difference however is not the linkage but the size to the cuffs; this version is slightly smaller than my other Mühlenfeld handcuffs. Also the key holes differ and this set takes a smaller key of the same design. Se picture for comparison.
The small size version didnt come from the mentioned auction though.

The last item, that came with the combination set, is a handcuff chain (didnt come with the padlock). Im not sure but it may very well be a Mühlenfeld chain as it came with the combination.

Another very interesting observation, all sets have the number "13" stamped to one of the cuffs. Any ideas what the number stands for?


Cheers,

Lars



Mühlenfeld combination and "small size long chain" version.


"Small size long chain" version


Key hole comparison, standard version and "small size" version.


Size comparison


Size comparison


Handcuff chain, Mühlenfeld??


Page from the Mühlenfeld catalogue

Click to expand...
Nice find! That would be for Stalag 13. These cuffs were worn by Hogan's Heroes.

Please send them to America (care of Jason) as per the World War II reparations act.

Michael Busch 02 Aug 2012
#9
Hi all,

I know not all on this Forum is very interested in antique restraints but I couldn't refrain from posting pictures of a few new findings.

My fiancée and I have been travelling around Europe for some time. Its not very often I find anything interesting but this time was a great exception.

The first set is a ultra rare Mühlenfeld combination of handcuffs and leg irons. Referring to the Mühlenfeld advertising sheet (see picture), this should be the Model 310. I happened to win these in a small local auction in southern Germany for very small money.

The second set is another set of Mühlenfeld handcuffs, a version with five links instead of the round link. The great difference however is not the linkage but the size to the cuffs; this version is slightly smaller than my other Mühlenfeld handcuffs. Also the key holes differ and this set takes a smaller key of the same design. Se picture for comparison.
The small size version didnt come from the mentioned auction though.

The last item, that came with the combination set, is a handcuff chain (didnt come with the padlock). Im not sure but it may very well be a Mühlenfeld chain as it came with the combination.

Another very interesting observation, all sets have the number "13" stamped to one of the cuffs. Any ideas what the number stands for?


Cheers,

Lars



Mühlenfeld combination and "small size long chain" version.


"Small size long chain" version


Key hole comparison, standard version and "small size" version.


Size comparison


Size comparison


Handcuff chain, Mühlenfeld??


Page from the Mühlenfeld catalogue

Click to expand...
Hi Lars,

again my congratulations on your great find and thank you for letting me handle these fine restraints! Not only the outer appearance of the cuffs and leg-irons is excellent, also technically they are just perfect.

By the speed you find Mühlenfeld items you better leave some space in your drawer, I assume you will have a Mühlenfeld belt-restraint by Christmas...

Best wishes from your friend in Germany

Michael


Steve_Mollett 02 Aug 2012
#10
Hi all,

I know not all on this Forum is very interested in antique restraints but I couldn't refrain from posting pictures of a few new findings.

My fiancée and I have been travelling around Europe for some time. Its not very often I find anything interesting but this time was a great exception.

The first set is a ultra rare Mühlenfeld combination of handcuffs and leg irons. Referring to the Mühlenfeld advertising sheet (see picture), this should be the Model 310. I happened to win these in a small local auction in southern Germany for very small money.

The second set is another set of Mühlenfeld handcuffs, a version with five links instead of the round link. The great difference however is not the linkage but the size to the cuffs; this version is slightly smaller than my other Mühlenfeld handcuffs. Also the key holes differ and this set takes a smaller key of the same design. Se picture for comparison.
The small size version didnt come from the mentioned auction though.

The last item, that came with the combination set, is a handcuff chain (didnt come with the padlock). Im not sure but it may very well be a Mühlenfeld chain as it came with the combination.

Another very interesting observation, all sets have the number "13" stamped to one of the cuffs. Any ideas what the number stands for?


Cheers,

Lars



Mühlenfeld combination and "small size long chain" version.


"Small size long chain" version


Key hole comparison, standard version and "small size" version.


Size comparison


Size comparison


Handcuff chain, Mühlenfeld??


Page from the Mühlenfeld catalogue

Click to expand...
Beautiful pieces!
Finds like these are wonderful.
holstcollection 03 Aug 2012
#11
Hi all,

I know not all on this Forum is very interested in antique restraints but I couldn't refrain from posting pictures of a few new findings.

My fiancée and I have been travelling around Europe for some time. Its not very often I find anything interesting but this time was a great exception.

The first set is a ultra rare Mühlenfeld combination of handcuffs and leg irons. Referring to the Mühlenfeld advertising sheet (see picture), this should be the Model 310. I happened to win these in a small local auction in southern Germany for very small money.

The second set is another set of Mühlenfeld handcuffs, a version with five links instead of the round link. The great difference however is not the linkage but the size to the cuffs; this version is slightly smaller than my other Mühlenfeld handcuffs. Also the key holes differ and this set takes a smaller key of the same design. Se picture for comparison.
The small size version didnt come from the mentioned auction though.

The last item, that came with the combination set, is a handcuff chain (didnt come with the padlock). Im not sure but it may very well be a Mühlenfeld chain as it came with the combination.

Another very interesting observation, all sets have the number "13" stamped to one of the cuffs. Any ideas what the number stands for?


Cheers,

Lars



Mühlenfeld combination and "small size long chain" version.


"Small size long chain" version


Key hole comparison, standard version and "small size" version.


Size comparison


Size comparison


Handcuff chain, Mühlenfeld??


Page from the Mühlenfeld catalogue

Click to expand...
Thanks, and a special thank to Michael and Nele for your great hospitality during our visit!

I'm afraid the Mühlenfeld restraint belt will be a little harder to find but you never know,
a nice set might turn up in a local auction anywhere

Best,

Lars