OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Unusual items for sale

14 visible archived posts · 14 preserved total · topic ID 4963
Original topic ↗Recovered images
Oly83 25 Aug 2012
#1
Here are a few items that I have for sale that will end tomorrow. The H&R transport chain is specatacular shape and great variant for any collection. The darby style waste shackle is perhaps one of a kind. I obtained it in a "Civil War" auction along with a handfull of Prov. Tool items and a Froggatt darby.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190716391596?ss ... 1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190716297439?ss ... 1555.l2649








Feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions.
Anonymous 25 Aug 2012
#2
Was PLF the owner of the horse collar?
Anonymous 25 Aug 2012
#3
Here are a few items that I have for sale that will end tomorrow. The H&R transport chain is specatacular shape and great variant for any collection. The darby style waste shackle is perhaps one of a kind. I obtained it in a "Civil War" auction along with a handfull of Prov. Tool items and a Froggatt darby.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190716391596?ss ... 1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190716297439?ss ... 1555.l2649








Feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions.
Click to expand...
I have known about locking horse collars but thought there was a length of chain already attached to them.
This one could have been used with a 6 foot chain and looped over a hitching post or small tree with both ends locked upon the shackle.
The item is a nice piece, especially with the great key.
Anonymous 25 Aug 2012
#4
Here are a few items that I have for sale that will end tomorrow. The H&R transport chain is specatacular shape and great variant for any collection. The darby style waste shackle is perhaps one of a kind. I obtained it in a "Civil War" auction along with a handfull of Prov. Tool items and a Froggatt darby.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190716391596?ss ... 1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190716297439?ss ... 1555.l2649








Feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions.
Click to expand...
A darby style locking horse collar, what fools. Of course you need the screw key and lock just in case the horse uses its opposable thumbs to try and escape. Wow, some people are not very bright.
Anonymous 26 Aug 2012
#5
Here are a few items that I have for sale that will end tomorrow. The H&R transport chain is specatacular shape and great variant for any collection. The darby style waste shackle is perhaps one of a kind. I obtained it in a "Civil War" auction along with a handfull of Prov. Tool items and a Froggatt darby.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190716391596?ss ... 1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190716297439?ss ... 1555.l2649








Feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions.
Click to expand...
Hook, line and sinker!
Anonymous 26 Aug 2012
#6
Here are a few items that I have for sale that will end tomorrow. The H&R transport chain is specatacular shape and great variant for any collection. The darby style waste shackle is perhaps one of a kind. I obtained it in a "Civil War" auction along with a handfull of Prov. Tool items and a Froggatt darby.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190716391596?ss ... 1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190716297439?ss ... 1555.l2649








Feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions.
Click to expand...
Sorry to all. I was just being an asshole again.
Joshua 26 Aug 2012
#7
Here are a few items that I have for sale that will end tomorrow. The H&R transport chain is specatacular shape and great variant for any collection. The darby style waste shackle is perhaps one of a kind. I obtained it in a "Civil War" auction along with a handfull of Prov. Tool items and a Froggatt darby.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190716391596?ss ... 1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190716297439?ss ... 1555.l2649








Feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions.
Click to expand...
ROTFL (rolling on the floor laughing).
Paul Davies 26 Aug 2012
#8
Here are a few items that I have for sale that will end tomorrow. The H&R transport chain is specatacular shape and great variant for any collection. The darby style waste shackle is perhaps one of a kind. I obtained it in a "Civil War" auction along with a handfull of Prov. Tool items and a Froggatt darby.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190716391596?ss ... 1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190716297439?ss ... 1555.l2649








Feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions.
Click to expand...
Hi Joshua,
I'll assume that if you knew more about it you would offer the information as a selling point. It must fit your waist if that is what you think it is for because no dimensions are given, but every human belt I know of is adjustable for obvious reasons. Logic suggests that if it has a lock you are trying to prevent something from being stolen or someone escaping. Either way it would need to be attached to something ie a chain or you would have handcuffs or leg irons attached to it in some way. With no others of its kind known of it is all conjecture.
I'd be interested to know what Steve makes of it.
Paul

Joshua 26 Aug 2012
#9
Here are a few items that I have for sale that will end tomorrow. The H&R transport chain is specatacular shape and great variant for any collection. The darby style waste shackle is perhaps one of a kind. I obtained it in a "Civil War" auction along with a handfull of Prov. Tool items and a Froggatt darby.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190716391596?ss ... 1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190716297439?ss ... 1555.l2649








Feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions.
Click to expand...
I do have dimensions listed in the description. It was stated to be a waste shackle and after talking with a few collectors a waste shackle seemed to be the best logical explanation. However it certainly doesn't fit around my big ass. It fits around my brother who got the thin gene and fits around my son who's decent sized. My wife was pregnant and threatened me if I even attempted to try . I didn't spend anytime researching the the initials as that could take years with yielding no results. To this point Ive basically shared the photos with much larger collections than my own and many more years of experiences to see if they have ever came by something similiar. Thus far no luck. I attempted to contact the previous owner via the auction site who had just an unbelievable collection of items, but for undisclosed reasons they could not provide me with contact info. They attempted to play the middleman but their interest was short lived. Wish I could provide more.
Ian McColl 26 Aug 2012
#10
Here are a few items that I have for sale that will end tomorrow. The H&R transport chain is specatacular shape and great variant for any collection. The darby style waste shackle is perhaps one of a kind. I obtained it in a "Civil War" auction along with a handfull of Prov. Tool items and a Froggatt darby.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190716391596?ss ... 1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190716297439?ss ... 1555.l2649








Feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions.
Click to expand...
Hi the overall shape of the padlock device looks like a tyre lock but is far to early for cars. I don't think it's a restraint and not any type of animal lock. The shackle is not original to the lock tube and has been added for a speciafic purpose to which we can only guess.

Ian
Anonymous 26 Aug 2012
#11
Here are a few items that I have for sale that will end tomorrow. The H&R transport chain is specatacular shape and great variant for any collection. The darby style waste shackle is perhaps one of a kind. I obtained it in a "Civil War" auction along with a handfull of Prov. Tool items and a Froggatt darby.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190716391596?ss ... 1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190716297439?ss ... 1555.l2649








Feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions.
Click to expand...
If it is a horse collar lock, it was designed for keeping horse thieves at bay, not to challenge Horsedini.
lauher 26 Aug 2012
#12
Here are a few items that I have for sale that will end tomorrow. The H&R transport chain is specatacular shape and great variant for any collection. The darby style waste shackle is perhaps one of a kind. I obtained it in a "Civil War" auction along with a handfull of Prov. Tool items and a Froggatt darby.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190716391596?ss ... 1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190716297439?ss ... 1555.l2649








Feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions.
Click to expand...
I think it is a gate lock.
Unknown / guest 26 Aug 2012
#13
Here are a few items that I have for sale that will end tomorrow. The H&R transport chain is specatacular shape and great variant for any collection. The darby style waste shackle is perhaps one of a kind. I obtained it in a "Civil War" auction along with a handfull of Prov. Tool items and a Froggatt darby.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190716391596?ss ... 1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190716297439?ss ... 1555.l2649








Feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions.
Click to expand...
I think it is a gate lock. I also think it is a neat item.
Joe
Kevin Connolly 27 Aug 2012
#14
Here are a few items that I have for sale that will end tomorrow. The H&R transport chain is specatacular shape and great variant for any collection. The darby style waste shackle is perhaps one of a kind. I obtained it in a "Civil War" auction along with a handfull of Prov. Tool items and a Froggatt darby.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190716391596?ss ... 1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190716297439?ss ... 1555.l2649








Feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions.
Click to expand...
Definitely not a horse collar lock.