OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Imitation Towers

3 visible archived posts · 3 preserved total · topic ID 4968
Original topic ↗Recovered images
Mark Lyons 28 Aug 2012
#1
Hi all,

It has been a long while since I bought any noteworthy cuffs on eBay.

I hit upon this one recently.
I never was able to find out who made these, where they were made, and by whom.
Might any of you folks know anything about these?
Any help would be appreciated.




Mark
O--O
Ron Spitz 28 Aug 2012
#2
Hi Mark,

I have had a set of these for several years. The rivet stops on the bows are interesting preventing over closing. The only thing I have ever heard about them is that they are German made, but I have never seen any documentation on this. They are single locking and of course the angle of the keyholes.

Maybe the same group that made the imitation Tower Detectives which appeared in early Johnson Smith catalogs. I'll have to dig out some old catalogs and check.

Ron
Mark Lyons 28 Aug 2012
#3
Hi all,

It has been a long while since I bought any noteworthy cuffs on eBay.

I hit upon this one recently.
I never was able to find out who made these, where they were made, and by whom.
Might any of you folks know anything about these?
Any help would be appreciated.




Mark
O--O
Click to expand...
Ron,
I don't think I ever heard of Germany being the place of origin before. They seem too crude to be from that part of the world.

Seems like they might be Asian.

The lock cover plate does resemble the one in a Tower Detective and it would make sense that the company would "share" both Tower designs. The keys might even interchange between models. I will test it to see. If these are made by the same factory, it would be an advantage to make the key operate both models to keep inventory and manufacturing costs down.

This pair works very smooth and the bows fit almost perfectly.
They came with a key that works great, but is far from being original.

Thanks for your help.

Mark
O--O