OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Different Models of AHC L-300 Combinations?

2 visible archived posts · 2 preserved total · topic ID 4990
Original topic ↗Recovered images
Nils 11 Sep 2012
#1
I was recently surprised to find out there seem to be different models American Handcuff L-300s around.

The first set (on the left) came in an original box and had L-300 written on it. The handcuffs are N-100, the leg irons N-200. Notice the short link chain. According to Yossie's page, the N-100 is AHC's earlier attempt.

The second set has a longer link chain (I've seen a few of these around), but the cuffs are N-105 and L-100.

Both sets have a slightly different feel to them. Interestingly, the standard thick-barreled AHC key does not fit on the set on the right. Both sets have about the same weight.

Here are my questions:

1. Did AHC ever produce the L-300 with the chain on the right, or is that an aftermarket product?

2. The low serial number (154) on the leg iron (left) is interesting. Is there any information how many of these sets were made?

3. Do the variations of the cuff models have any meaning?

Kind regards,
Nils













Blackburn 11 Sep 2012
#2
Nils,
Both Sets of L-300's you have are factory originals. AHC's have many many variations of all possible cuffs.

My L-300 has N-105 handcuffs and N-200 Leg Irons with the smaller chain like the set you have on the left. I have a L-350 single cuff auto restraint that has L-100 stamped on it with 5 chain links between them and and then a single N-100 cuff on the end of the long chain. I have a belly chain with N-100 cuffs and I have a belly chain with N-105 cuffs. AHC also makes a N-100 with a real skinny single strand bow unlike the one you have pictured. The single strand on your set looks just like a N-105.

The Variations go on and on. I like having different variations in my collection, some people don't. Either way It's nice that you have two.

As far as the L-100 leg iron goes, I think I have one or two in my collection that are in the 130,000 range. It's super nice that you got one with such a low serial number.

I Hope this helps.