OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Handcuffs and Shackles from a 1917 postcard (Caen, France)

5 visible archived posts · 5 preserved total · topic ID 5129
Original topic ↗Recovered images
Nils 08 Jan 2013
#1

I found this old postcard, dated 1917, with some shackles and handcuffs. It says from the "Musée des Antiquaires" in Caen, France. I have no information whether that museum still exists. All shackles appear to be grouped around an old wooden pillory.

The second photo is an enlargement of the first.

Best wishes for the new year,

Nils







grenchat 08 Jan 2013
#2
Nice photo!

About now I'm expecting Steve to come by and point out that this is actually a hitching post for a horse, or something totally unrelated to human restraint or punishment.

The elongated wooden plank in the foreground appears to be a spanking paddle, but they might have actually used it to churn butter or perhaps to play cricket with - LOL!

Cheers!
Jason


Anonymous 08 Jan 2013
#3
I found this old postcard, dated 1917, with some shackles and handcuffs. It says from the "Musée des Antiquaires" in Caen, France. I have no information whether that museum still exists. All shackles appear to be grouped around an old wooden pillory.

The second photo is an enlargement of the first.

Best wishes for the new year,

Nils






Click to expand...
I hope we dont start off the new year with steves BS (we all have to hear about his crap all year long) We all know its great old stuff and really neat The last thing we need is a know it all to come on and say there horse hobbles and he was there when they made them..lol..
Ian McColl 09 Jan 2013
#4
I found this old postcard, dated 1917, with some shackles and handcuffs. It says from the "Musée des Antiquaires" in Caen, France. I have no information whether that museum still exists. All shackles appear to be grouped around an old wooden pillory.

The second photo is an enlargement of the first.

Best wishes for the new year,

Nils






Click to expand...
what a great photo, thanks for sharing.
If only they had cameras in every era of history.
MICHAEL LEE 10 Jan 2013
#5
I found this old postcard, dated 1917, with some shackles and handcuffs. It says from the "Musée des Antiquaires" in Caen, France. I have no information whether that museum still exists. All shackles appear to be grouped around an old wooden pillory.

The second photo is an enlargement of the first.

Best wishes for the new year,

Nils






Click to expand...
Only 10 days into 2013 and the Love fest has already begun LOL !
I certinaly appreciate any/ all info shared here by fellow HC.Org members.

My concern is with the low-life that attempt's to ' pull a fast one ' by selling restraints for FAR OVER
market value or those who sell damaged goods and those that simple don't deliver period.
I simply makes the whole restraint collecting game look bad.

I wish you all well , Have a Great 2013

Michael Lee


PS. The Escapist Mr. Arthur Coghlan from down under has a Daring Escape
plannedfor sometime this yr. I wish him well , He is a Brilliant artist & thinker.
He is in my prayers.