ChuckII
#1The Forum at Handcuffs.Org
Speaking of Alcatraz...
4 visible archived posts · 4 preserved total · topic ID 5246
Joseph Fox
#2Thanks, Chuck.
I haven't been there in 20 years, and they had no restraints on display.
The one place to see "H&R Supers" in action - is on the federal prisoners being escorted to the island...In a perfect world, they could of had those on display too. Overall, a neat display.
On the shore, there was/is the "Alcatraz Restaurant" - which had a wall display of memorabilia, including a modern S&W #90 handcuff.
I haven't been there in 20 years, and they had no restraints on display.
The one place to see "H&R Supers" in action - is on the federal prisoners being escorted to the island...In a perfect world, they could of had those on display too. Overall, a neat display.
On the shore, there was/is the "Alcatraz Restaurant" - which had a wall display of memorabilia, including a modern S&W #90 handcuff.
ChuckII
#3My pleasure....here are some restraints on display in the gift shop on The Rock:Click to expand...
I didn't see any of the usual ball-and-chain setups that are so frequently for sale on ebay.
I think that restaurant is now called "Alcatraz Landing." I still have a receipt from there from last year that says "Alcatraz Cruises."
There was no display whatsoever there from October, 2009 - November 2012. Just junky souvenir stuff.
The only other restraints I saw at Alcatraz were a pair of Peerless cuffs on a table near the front door of the Administration Building... near a rotary phone LOL.
Here's the Alcatraz Operating Room... the creepiest place I've ever been.
Unknown / guest
#4These signs greet the tourists as they wait for their boat ride to Alcatraz:...here are some restraints on display in the gift shop on The Rock:Click to expand...
I didn't see any of the usual ball-and-chain setups that are so frequently for sale on ebay.
They look period-correct, so I suppose irons like them were used.
