OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Unknown French Figure-8 Handcuff

4 visible archived posts · 4 preserved total · topic ID 5358
Original topic ↗Recovered images
Nils 19 Jul 2013
#1


I was recently able to add this handcuff to the collection. It is a figure 8 with a screw-type locking mechanism, and it comes from France. It is about the size of a Plug-8. A 80cm (30inch) chain came with it.

The locking mechanism is similar to the Guyana-Type Leg Irons.

Does anyone have more information on this restraint, or does anyone own a similar one?

Kind regards
Nils



lauher 19 Jul 2013
#2
Nils

I can not tell you anything about your cuff, but I have one that is similar, but different.



I have had it for many years, but I don't know anything about mine either.

Does anyone have any idea about either cuff?

Joe
Anonymous 19 Jul 2013
#3

I was recently able to add this handcuff to the collection. It is a figure 8 with a screw-type locking mechanism, and it comes from France. It is about the size of a Plug-8. A 80cm (30inch) chain came with it.

The locking mechanism is similar to the Guyana-Type Leg Irons.

Does anyone have more information on this restraint, or does anyone own a similar one?

Kind regards
Nils



Click to expand...
wasn't Guyana a French colony?
grenchat 20 Jul 2013
#4

I was recently able to add this handcuff to the collection. It is a figure 8 with a screw-type locking mechanism, and it comes from France. It is about the size of a Plug-8. A 80cm (30inch) chain came with it.

The locking mechanism is similar to the Guyana-Type Leg Irons.

Does anyone have more information on this restraint, or does anyone own a similar one?

Kind regards
Nils



Click to expand...
There were actually 5 colonies at one time which make things a bit confusing.
French Guiana encompassed the infamous Devil's Island which was the setting for the fictional Papillon.