OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Visiting the handcuff warehouse

5 visible archived posts · 5 preserved total · topic ID 5374
Original topic ↗Recovered images
Adam Bush 10 Aug 2013
#1
I went to visit the handcuff warehouse and have to say the store was awesome. My only complaint was its also a public safety store which was sweet too but i figured they'd have some display cases for cuffs but they didn't. The fellows in the store where really helpful with showing me the different cuffs i wanted to see. I have to say though i was dissapionted with the few pairs i did look at, the quality wasn't as good as i expected. I looked at some saf-locks and have to say i wasn't near impressed for the price. I also looked at the french rivolier handcuffs and was suprised at how big they are and how they seemed kinda poor on quality also for the price. All in all i was very happy with the store and my experience. I should've got some pictures but didn't sorry.
Anonymous 11 Aug 2013
#2

Well did you at least buy something?

The reason there isn't any displays is 'cause not many people just waltz in looking for cuffs. The vast majority of their sales is mail-order.

Your visit would've been much more EXCITING if you went during a severe rain storm, ALL the surounding streets flood with about a foot to a foot and a half of standing water. Any car becomes a Jetski®
ChuckII 11 Aug 2013
#3
I went to visit the handcuff warehouse and have to say the store was awesome. My only complaint was its also a public safety store which was sweet too but i figured they'd have some display cases for cuffs but they didn't. The fellows in the store where really helpful with showing me the different cuffs i wanted to see. I have to say though i was dissapionted with the few pairs i did look at, the quality wasn't as good as i expected. I looked at some saf-locks and have to say i wasn't near impressed for the price. I also looked at the french rivolier handcuffs and was suprised at how big they are and how they seemed kinda poor on quality also for the price. All in all i was very happy with the store and my experience. I should've got some pictures but didn't sorry.
If you ever go back, please take some pics.
Anon456 13 Aug 2013
#4
I went to visit the handcuff warehouse and have to say the store was awesome. My only complaint was its also a public safety store which was sweet too but i figured they'd have some display cases for cuffs but they didn't. The fellows in the store where really helpful with showing me the different cuffs i wanted to see. I have to say though i was dissapionted with the few pairs i did look at, the quality wasn't as good as i expected. I looked at some saf-locks and have to say i wasn't near impressed for the price. I also looked at the french rivolier handcuffs and was suprised at how big they are and how they seemed kinda poor on quality also for the price. All in all i was very happy with the store and my experience. I should've got some pictures but didn't sorry.
I remember the old store and they did have them on display and they were cramped for space. I haven't seen it since they moved and set up the new location but you got to figure the market. Cops aren't into the many different types out there as we are and they have to stick to guidelines from the department. Saf-Lok, Rivolier, etc. are specialty cuffs for non standard use, and you don't generally get people in off the street as compared to clothing, batons, etc.
Adam Bush 13 Aug 2013
#5
I went to visit the handcuff warehouse and have to say the store was awesome. My only complaint was its also a public safety store which was sweet too but i figured they'd have some display cases for cuffs but they didn't. The fellows in the store where really helpful with showing me the different cuffs i wanted to see. I have to say though i was dissapionted with the few pairs i did look at, the quality wasn't as good as i expected. I looked at some saf-locks and have to say i wasn't near impressed for the price. I also looked at the french rivolier handcuffs and was suprised at how big they are and how they seemed kinda poor on quality also for the price. All in all i was very happy with the store and my experience. I should've got some pictures but didn't sorry.
I understand they mainly sell public safety gear, was just hoping to see a display case or two. I still had an awesome time and would love to spend a few more days browsing around and seeing all the different stuff.