OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

George A Wood Handcuff's

13 visible archived posts · 13 preserved total · topic ID 5483
Original topic ↗Recovered images
Chris 12 Dec 2013
#1
Hello all, I recently found some Geo A Wood Handcuff's in the attic of our house.

They look exactly like these but mine are in amazing shape. No rust at all

http://restraintsblog.blogspot.com/2009 ... chain.html

I am looking to sell these due to needing the money. Any clue what these are worth?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Chris
Joshua 12 Dec 2013
#2
You would be best to post photos as condition is a key factor. Also, although they make look exactly alike their are a few different versions of them. Do you have a key and if so do both sides work accoringly. All factors that will come in question when talking price. The other option is to throw them up on Ebay and see what happens. Best of luck.
Chris 12 Dec 2013
#3
Hello all, I recently found some Geo A Wood Handcuff's in the attic of our house.

They look exactly like these but mine are in amazing shape. No rust at all

http://restraintsblog.blogspot.com/2009 ... chain.html

I am looking to sell these due to needing the money. Any clue what these are worth?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Chris
Click to expand...
Yes I have the Key and it works for both sides.

I will try to post pics here tonight. They really are in amazing condition. I was thinking ebay but I have no clue how to even post it on there with the correct wording so it gets a lot of hits.

How do I post pics on here?

Thanks
Chris
grenchat 12 Dec 2013
#4
Hello all, I recently found some Geo A Wood Handcuff's in the attic of our house.

They look exactly like these but mine are in amazing shape. No rust at all

http://restraintsblog.blogspot.com/2009 ... chain.html

I am looking to sell these due to needing the money. Any clue what these are worth?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Chris
Click to expand...
Nice attic find!

For comparison, here are the earlier Burdick Chain Handcuffs with optional T-handle featured in Yossie's Handcuff Collection.

As for free photo hosting, there are several sites on the web, though many handcuff collectors are partial to Photobucket.

Jason



Chris 12 Dec 2013
#5
Hello all, I recently found some Geo A Wood Handcuff's in the attic of our house.

They look exactly like these but mine are in amazing shape. No rust at all

http://restraintsblog.blogspot.com/2009 ... chain.html

I am looking to sell these due to needing the money. Any clue what these are worth?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Chris
Click to expand...
Can I email Someone some pics to post. Having a hard time getting them to post for some reason.

Thanks
Chris
ChuckII 13 Dec 2013
#6
Hello all, I recently found some Geo A Wood Handcuff's in the attic of our house.

They look exactly like these but mine are in amazing shape. No rust at all

http://restraintsblog.blogspot.com/2009 ... chain.html

I am looking to sell these due to needing the money. Any clue what these are worth?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Chris
Click to expand...
Please feel free to email them here.

--Chuck
Ron Spitz 13 Dec 2013
#7
Hello all, I recently found some Geo A Wood Handcuff's in the attic of our house.

They look exactly like these but mine are in amazing shape. No rust at all

http://restraintsblog.blogspot.com/2009 ... chain.html

I am looking to sell these due to needing the money. Any clue what these are worth?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Chris
Click to expand...
Here are the pictures from Chris









Good luck Chris

Ron
John Bushey 13 Dec 2013
#8
Hello all, I recently found some Geo A Wood Handcuff's in the attic of our house.

They look exactly like these but mine are in amazing shape. No rust at all

http://restraintsblog.blogspot.com/2009 ... chain.html

I am looking to sell these due to needing the money. Any clue what these are worth?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Chris
Click to expand...
HI,
Include the following key words on ebay:
George Woods Chain Handcuffs (title)

Include in description that you have a key, that they work properly. Also, they were made in aluminum, and in brass. Which do you have?
Also, they came in handcuffs and leg irons size. Simply measure the lock body height and width and list those dimensions on ebay.
Again, you need pictures to see. Some are worth more than others. The more and most common are the aluminum handcuffs.
They were made in Elmira, NY, and patented in 1913 if memory serves me well (it may not).

You might be better selling off ebay, but check with a few guys before accepting any offers. They do have significant value, and it used to be
a lot more than it is now. Like Joshua said, it's hard to quote value without knowing which model and seeing the condition.

Feel free to email me if you want more information. I have a ton of info on the inventor, and even own the original model MR. Woods used to
have them made, which I acquired from the family. I also have the handcuff, and have owned and sold a few of them. Nice find, and good luck.

Best Wishes, John Bushey
Chris 13 Dec 2013
#9
Hello all, I recently found some Geo A Wood Handcuff's in the attic of our house.

They look exactly like these but mine are in amazing shape. No rust at all

http://restraintsblog.blogspot.com/2009 ... chain.html

I am looking to sell these due to needing the money. Any clue what these are worth?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Chris
Click to expand...
Ron thank you very much for posting those pictures for me.

I do have the key and both sides lock/unlock.

Thanks
Chris
Chris 13 Dec 2013
#10
Hello all, I recently found some Geo A Wood Handcuff's in the attic of our house.

They look exactly like these but mine are in amazing shape. No rust at all

http://restraintsblog.blogspot.com/2009 ... chain.html

I am looking to sell these due to needing the money. Any clue what these are worth?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Chris
Click to expand...
John thanks for all the info.
Chris 13 Dec 2013
#11
Hello all, I recently found some Geo A Wood Handcuff's in the attic of our house.

They look exactly like these but mine are in amazing shape. No rust at all

http://restraintsblog.blogspot.com/2009 ... chain.html

I am looking to sell these due to needing the money. Any clue what these are worth?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Chris
Click to expand...
Thanks Ron, these found a new home...
mark lyons 13 Dec 2013
#12
Hello all, I recently found some Geo A Wood Handcuff's in the attic of our house.

They look exactly like these but mine are in amazing shape. No rust at all

http://restraintsblog.blogspot.com/2009 ... chain.html

I am looking to sell these due to needing the money. Any clue what these are worth?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Chris
Click to expand...
I will look in my attic and hope to find one of these in there too.
By chance, are there any pictures of the key?
As this example of the Wood cuff seems to have very little use, it might be with an original key.

Glad you found a buyer for it but I hope you received an amount that reflects their current value.


mark
O--O
Chris 13 Dec 2013
#13
Hello all, I recently found some Geo A Wood Handcuff's in the attic of our house.

They look exactly like these but mine are in amazing shape. No rust at all

http://restraintsblog.blogspot.com/2009 ... chain.html

I am looking to sell these due to needing the money. Any clue what these are worth?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Chris
Click to expand...
The key I have I was told is not the original key but it works with the locks. I got what I wanted for them so I am more than happy.. I am sure Ron is happy to be getting these as well..

I wasn't looking to break the bank and get this in the hands of a true collector.. This was not the only thing I found in the attic. There were a bunch of old stuff in there. I am going through now to see what other goodies where left behind..

Thanks again for all the help on these.

Chris