OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Rare cuffs for sale

2 visible archived posts · 2 preserved total · topic ID 5596
Original topic ↗Recovered images
cuffman69 16 Mar 2014
#1
I'm offering a number of rare cuffs for sale directly to members of the forum rather than via eBay.
I will accept email offers until 10.00pm UK time on the 23. March 2014 and the highest offer will win.
I will pay the full cost of shipping and the cuffs will be sent via tracked mail and will require a signature at the delivery address.







This is a pair of the rare Hiatt 1960 Mk2 or solid bit key version. The key is not original but works perfectly. The plating is fully intact but it isn't particularly well done. The cuffs are marked Hiatt 1960 and has the No 004 stamped on one bow. Unlike the normal 1960 model cuffs this version is single lock only.
I will accept offers over £500











This is a rare pair of plug cuffs. They are in lovely condition. There is no makers mark nor do they have their plugs or key.
What makes these cuffs unusual is that the seem to be the plug cuff equivalent to the Boer war plug 8. If you compare a normal plug 8 to either a Hiatt or RCS Boer War heavy weight plug 8 then a similar comparison can be made between these and other plug cuffs. They have a post, tip, ward or whatever your term for it is on the end of the threaded bolt meaning the key needs to have the hole up the middle just like the Boer war model. This along with the weight seems to set this pair apart from the other plug cuffs. I've tried 3 Boer War keys by Hiatt and RCS and all of them fit. This pair weight 640 grams. The Froggett pair shown for comparison only weights 297 grams.
I will accept offers over £300










This is a nice pair of cap locks including an end lock which takes a Home Office pattern key.
One cuff is mark Pfeil Steddall and Son the other is marked Hiatt. The end lock in marked Hiatt.
No key is included in this sale and will ship these cuffs either connected together or separate, just let me know.
I will accept offers over £150









This is an early (approx mid 1800's ) pair of plated unmarked darby cuffs with original key. They come with a pair of darby balls which it is believed are used to reduce the wrist opening size. Very few pairs of these seem to exist probably as they balls have parted company with the cuffs over they years.
The plating is around 60% complete. The swivel is a little unusual and the chain links are not forged closed nor are the lock tubes plugs peined.
I will accept offers over £150


I'm not a fan of Ebay or PayPal so would prefer payment by bank transfer. I will provide the Iban and swift code for my bank to the winner. I'm unsure if the Iban and swift code system is used in the USA. If not maybe there is an alternative electronic transfer. I will accept PayPal if absolutely necessary. Please note.. The last time I sold something via PayPal they held back the money for 14 days which seems to be their latest way of making money from their members by accruing the interest. I will not post any item until the money is actually in my personal bank account and not PayPal's. If you want to avoid the delay in posting I think that there is a way of selecting an option in PayPals payment options to prevent this as it's not an eBay sale but I'll leave that up to the winner.

All offers need to be made in British pounds (Sterling, £) not US $ or Euros so there is no confusion as to what your offer is or the exchange rate used. If you make an offer please mention which item it is for.

I'll not divulge details of one members offer to another member.

I guarantee that who ever offers the best price before the dead line will receive the cuffs pictured above.

My description of each cuff is accurate and I'm listing an offers over price for each cuff.

I accept that many members have never had dealing with me however some have. If you make the highest offer you will receive the cuffs.

This is a reluctant sale so unfortunately I'm not interested in trading for other cuffs.

If this all seems a little formal I'm sorry but I want this to go smoothly for all parties so it's better to make things as clear and up front from the outset..

If you have any questions please email me at cuffman692000at yahoo dot co.uk (obviously change the at and the dot) or click the blue link at the top.

Thanks,

Mark (RMP)

Richard Mark Patterson.


Unknown / guest 22 Mar 2014
#2
Hi,

I've been asked several questions regarding the cuffs for sale so I'll post answers for all to see.

If two or more people place joint highest bids for the same item then I think it's only right that the first bid placed wins.

The key for the Hiatt 1960 cuffs is definitely not original but works perfectly. The plating is fine and solid and not flaking at all. You can however see underlying tool marks beneath it but they don't affect the integrity of the plating.

The plug cuffs are most likely made by Hiatt. They have the No.2 stamped on them but no name.

Thanks,

Mark. (RMP)