OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Come Along Markings

6 visible archived posts · 6 preserved total · topic ID 5649
Original topic ↗Recovered images
Ron Spitz 14 May 2014
#1
Can anyone identify the markings on this come along? It may be either Dutch, Belgian, or German from the information I have been able to find. The letters of the sides of the hallmark are "L" and "F". The F is hard to see in the photo. The chain links are machine welded.

Thanks

Ron





Anonymous 14 May 2014
#2
Hi

For what i know off

this type of comealong is not used in the Netherlands


i think of luxemborg but i can be wrong

hope this info helps you


best
Michael Busch 15 May 2014
#3
Can anyone identify the markings on this come along? It may be either Dutch, Belgian, or German from the information I have been able to find. The letters of the sides of the hallmark are "L" and "F". The F is hard to see in the photo. The chain links are machine welded.

Thanks

Ron




Click to expand...
Hi Ron,

I also have this nipper, I received it when I bought a collection in Belgium many years ago, and at that time was told it was used in Belgium.

I have no idea what the marking could mean or for what company it could stand. My nipper is unmarked.

Best wishes,

Michael
CuffmanBelgium 16 May 2014
#4
Can anyone identify the markings on this come along? It may be either Dutch, Belgian, or German from the information I have been able to find. The letters of the sides of the hallmark are "L" and "F". The F is hard to see in the photo. The chain links are machine welded.

Thanks

Ron




Click to expand...
Hi Ron,
Living in Belgium, I should know that marking if it was common but I also have an unmarked version that looks a lot like this nipper so I don't know what it stands for. Perhaps Jean-Michel can help you.
Peter
Ron Spitz 16 May 2014
#5
Can anyone identify the markings on this come along? It may be either Dutch, Belgian, or German from the information I have been able to find. The letters of the sides of the hallmark are "L" and "F". The F is hard to see in the photo. The chain links are machine welded.

Thanks

Ron




Click to expand...
Thanks guys. I also have one without the markings. The only reason I bought this one is because it is marked. I found one other example on another collectors web site with the same markings. He thought they were Dutch or Belgian. I have been searching the internet but without any luck.

Ron
CuffmanBelgium 16 May 2014
#6
Can anyone identify the markings on this come along? It may be either Dutch, Belgian, or German from the information I have been able to find. The letters of the sides of the hallmark are "L" and "F". The F is hard to see in the photo. The chain links are machine welded.

Thanks

Ron




Click to expand...
Seriousle Ron, ask JM, he might know. He's far more familiar with ancient local restraints than I am.
Peter