OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Wanted List

7 visible archived posts · 7 preserved total · topic ID 5656
Original topic ↗Recovered images
PaulJDavies 19 May 2014
#1
The first Wanted item should be easy!

An Argus Claw in good condition including postage to Australia.

Now it gets hard!!

A Romer handcuff in working condition.

A pair of single Plug handcuffs (not joined) OR one single Left Hand thread Plug cuff.

Any really early English cuffs other than Hiatt or Froggatt Darbies.

It never hurts to ask. Email me direct.
Regards

Paul Davies
Mark Lyons 19 May 2014
#2
Hi Paul

I have a first model Argus (without the ratchet guard) for sale or trade.
It is in good working order but the finish is on the dull side.
Not rusted but exposed to the elements or fair amount of duty use. I can post a pic if interested.

My Wish List is any working set of Palmers other than size 4 or any connecting chain.
I also have a Home Office Hiatt Darby with original key for sale or trade as well as a Rankin w/o key but works perfectly.


mark
O--O
Anonymous 20 May 2014
#3
The first Wanted item should be easy!

An Argus Claw in good condition including postage to Australia.

Now it gets hard!!

A Romer handcuff in working condition.

A pair of single Plug handcuffs (not joined) OR one single Left Hand thread Plug cuff.

Any really early English cuffs other than Hiatt or Froggatt Darbies.

It never hurts to ask. Email me direct.
Regards

Paul Davies
Click to expand...
Thanks Mark, but Id want one that was complete.

I also encourage others to add their wanted list or list for sale.
Sure beats eBay.

Paul
Mark Lyons 20 May 2014
#4
The first Wanted item should be easy!

An Argus Claw in good condition including postage to Australia.

Now it gets hard!!

A Romer handcuff in working condition.

A pair of single Plug handcuffs (not joined) OR one single Left Hand thread Plug cuff.

Any really early English cuffs other than Hiatt or Froggatt Darbies.

It never hurts to ask. Email me direct.
Regards

Paul Davies
Click to expand...
Hi Paul,
I am not sure if I understand your reply.
The Argus I am offering is complete or not missing any parts.

The first model was made without a spring loaded cover over the ratchet gear.
This somewhat rare model sometimes pinched the prisoner or guard's wrist so the second version had a safety guard that covered the area around the ratchet.

As the item was designed to inflict compliance by pain, I am not sure why the company showed concern about some pinched skin unless the complaint was generated by the owner of the device while he used it.

Perhaps you know this, but for the benefit of others, I described this and will post a picture later.

Mark
O--O
Paul Davies 21 May 2014
#5
The first Wanted item should be easy!

An Argus Claw in good condition including postage to Australia.

Now it gets hard!!

A Romer handcuff in working condition.

A pair of single Plug handcuffs (not joined) OR one single Left Hand thread Plug cuff.

Any really early English cuffs other than Hiatt or Froggatt Darbies.

It never hurts to ask. Email me direct.
Regards

Paul Davies
Click to expand...
Thanks for the clarification Mark. It was not clear to me as I've never owned one.
You can post a picture to me direct if you like, with a price.
Regards
Paul

Mark Lyons 21 May 2014
#6
The first Wanted item should be easy!

An Argus Claw in good condition including postage to Australia.

Now it gets hard!!

A Romer handcuff in working condition.

A pair of single Plug handcuffs (not joined) OR one single Left Hand thread Plug cuff.

Any really early English cuffs other than Hiatt or Froggatt Darbies.

It never hurts to ask. Email me direct.
Regards

Paul Davies
Click to expand...


This Argus Iron Claw is the 1st Model
Almost all of the nickel plating has been worn off but this remains 100% intact as far as functionality is concerned.
The ratchet teeth are exposed in this version and apparently caused a skin pinching situation which necessitated a design change shortly after their introduction.
The Model 2 of the Iron Claw has a cover over the ratchet area to prevent the pinching problem.
The tooling of the ratchet parts are amazingly precise. When closed, the 2 parts mesh together so well that a photograph can not show the 2 parts and they appear as one piece. I have the teeth separated slightly in the above picture.

Paul, I will email you a price privately and I think you will find it reasonable.


mark
O--O
Mark Lyons 21 May 2014
#7
The first Wanted item should be easy!

An Argus Claw in good condition including postage to Australia.

Now it gets hard!!

A Romer handcuff in working condition.

A pair of single Plug handcuffs (not joined) OR one single Left Hand thread Plug cuff.

Any really early English cuffs other than Hiatt or Froggatt Darbies.

It never hurts to ask. Email me direct.
Regards

Paul Davies
Click to expand...
Oooh,

I forgot to mention, most Model 1 versions that I have seen have a four digit serial number.
Almost all that I have seen seem to be 4000 range. This one is of very early manufacture as it is numbered 808.

mark
O--O